Dismiss Notice
Save $5 when you subscribe to 12 issues / year of BeerAdvocate magazine by selecting auto-renew.

Subscribe now →
Dismiss Notice
Join Our Email List →

And we'll send you the latest updates and offers from BeerAdvocate, because knowing is half the battle.
Dismiss Notice
Extreme Beer Fest cometh. Limited tickets left for Friday, February 5th in Boston.

Buy yours now →
Dismiss Notice

Pre-order your Respect Beer "Hipster" Hoodie today!

Plus: Free shipping (US only) on orders of $25 or more until 12/18/15. Just select "Free Shipping" at checkout.

Shop now →

New England Brewing Co lookout thread

Discussion in 'New England' started by DrWangerBanger, Oct 17, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. therrrreee we go. edit: and they just dropped it to 6.99!
    phorestfreak likes this.
  2. That's more like it. Hopefully other stores are made aware of this error.
  3. Sure he didn't do anything intentionally. If they still owed distro cases, they would have held off selling anything til the truck came today and they were sure they had extra.

And Amity recorrected to $6.99. Hope Thief gets with the program.
    phorestfreak and Trevdawg like this.
  4. LambAndTunaPhish

LambAndTunaPhish Aficionado (230) Connecticut Nov 16, 2012 Verified

Wish I saw the Amity price correction before just driving past their exit on 15! Might have to go back...
  5. sepia5

sepia5 Zealot (95) Connecticut Jul 26, 2008

Just wanted to post a correction regarding the Wine Thief in New Haven. When I heard about the pricing mistake from the distribution side of things, I went back this evening and they explained whole mix up and sold me a bottle for $8. The Wine Thief does tend to be just a bit more expensive than some other places in the area, but the people who work there are knowledgeable and enthusiastic about their trade, so I tend to shop there regularly. This is why I was so surprised and upset when I was quoted at $15 a bottle and told the high price was due to NEBCO. Thankfully, the mistake has been corrected and I would once again highly recommend the Wine Thief for your alcohol needs, from beer to beyond.
    woosterbill likes this.
  6. smutty33

smutty33 Advocate (705) Connecticut Jun 12, 2009

I hear ya,went out last night and 2 shops had IST for 13.99 and 17.99!!!!...:eek:
    Owners looking at me like I'm weird when I told them there must be a mistake.I then said it must be G&G's(distributor).Looks like they didn't make the price change.Stores receipt says 750ml. bottles NOT 500ml.Needless to say,I didn't buy any IST.Pretty sad and pathetic that this is happening at all.....silly.

7. Pahn

Pahn Champion (840) New York Dec 2, 2009 Verified

i stopped in on the wine thief on my way to prime 16 and picked up a bottle for $8~9. definitely not more than $9; i'm too cheap to pay that. considered buying a second, but didn't.
  8. davey101

davey101 Champion (820) Connecticut Apr 14, 2009

So stoked that its 500 ml bottles. The last two years were just absurd. Seeing it for $30 in MA was just criminal. Hoping it'll hit Hartford county soon since I'm not sure when I can make it down to New Haven.

Any word on BA IST bottling? I'm assuming early January?
  9. It's bottled. Sales to start soon, exact date TBD but I'm guessing before New Years.
  10. cbanker

cbanker Savant (335) California Jul 31, 2005 Verified

Anyone know if they are open today (12/26) or what days this week they'll be open? No one has picked up when I've called today and I don't want to make the trip out there unless I know they are open.
  11. davey101

davey101 Champion (820) Connecticut Apr 14, 2009

They open at noon, so give it another half hour and call again. They're probably doing what they do best, brewing.
  12. NJOssie

NJOssie Savant (275) New Jersey Feb 28, 2012

stopped by on Monday and shared some beers... sadly I have struck out on IST so far. I did get a growler of PMM though... and I can say that the batch of Gandhi in the fermenter is incredible
  13. I know what this means. :D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D
  14. NJOssie

yep! 2013 NEBCO is going to kill it!
  15. bootdown21

bootdown21 Savant (470) Connecticut May 14, 2009 Verified

[​IMG] ?
  16. RMoeNay

RMoeNay Advocate (565) Connecticut Sep 22, 2010

I can smell the citra hops from my office a few miles down the road.... can't wait!
    averagjoe3 and RMoeNay like this.
  18. Ermagerd! Ferzy Berby Derks!
  19. I'm excited about fuzzy baby ducks, but I'm going to continue concerning myself with getting some BA IST in my hands (and gut) first
    averagjoe3 and CharlatanSin like this.
  20. I might have to go home from my apt grab my car at my parents place and drive 2+ hours to get some goodies some time in the near future.

So is IST all spoken for already?
  21. NJOssie

hate that I totally struck out on IST this year... last year weeks later I found a couple bottles on the shelf... this year everything is gone everywhere
  22. I havent had any NEBCO in so long, my last GB was like 18 months ago. I wanted to really make an effort to get IST this year but I totally forgot about it the last few weeks and easily could have taken a ride last wed/thursday when I was home for the holidays in south eastern MA.
  23. DSlim71

DSlim71 Savant (495) New Jersey Mar 3, 2010

I may have one to open with you ;)
  24. NJOssie

nice! I have one from last year still... we could open both... was trying to get some for everyone in the NJ group but my brother couldn't make it up. I was there on Monday and all fresh out... the folks there were great as always... opened two Freetail beers with them.
  25. SpeedwayJim

SpeedwayJim Advocate (735) New York Jun 19, 2009 Verified

Sadly, welcome to the new state of craft beer in any semi-populated area.
  26. codasnap52

codasnap52 Savant (405) Connecticut Jan 24, 2008 Verified

Not true! Harry's in Fairfield has last year's bottles on the shelf until recently and they should have some more of the new shipment on their shelves or in the back if you are interested.
    NJOssie likes this.
  27. There is actually another batch of ist in the tank. After this batch, that it this year. But the BA IST will be out soon.
  28. AFAIK, the stuff that is cooking now is next years BA batch. Is some of it skipping the barrels?
  29. woosterbill

woosterbill Champion (905) Kentucky Apr 6, 2009 Verified

Some will be bottled, yes.
    naloxone, Trevdawg and gamanley like this.
  30. Technically it will still be 2012 batch
  31. larrytownsend

larrytownsend Aficionado (210) Connecticut Sep 28, 2005 Verified

Just to give you all a heads up, the New England Brewing Tap Takeover at Prime 16 is coming up at the end of January. We're going to space out the availability of special releases this year throughout the day to make sure everyone has an opportunity to get what they're looking for.

32. Wet willy, sea hag and elm city on tap. With wet willy and elm city available for bottle and cans.
  33. PicoPapa

PicoPapa Savant (480) Connecticut Mar 6, 2009

Anyone know if they will be open New Year's Eve and Day?
  34. xanok

xanok Savant (425) Connecticut Aug 13, 2009

Anyone know where I can get some IST in Hartford area?
  35. Can anyone give an update on BA IST?

When I was in before Christmas they said they were waiting on labels and it would be ready in a week or so, but I haven't seen them post anything about it being available yet.
    GuisseppeFranco likes this.
  36. We're still waiting on them to get the labels, as far as I can tell.
  37. CTBeerPope

CTBeerPope Savant (320) Connecticut Jan 30, 2012

I was there today and James said the printer they use across the street is on vacation for the week. Looking like early next week I'm assuming.
    gamanley likes this.
  38. smutty33

smutty33 Advocate (705) Connecticut Jun 12, 2009

All labeled and ready to go as of last week.
    Rob showed me a bottle....cool label,12oz bottle,$10,1400 bottles.

Honestly though,I 4got the reason for the hold up.He said it was supposed to hit this week.
    averagjoe3 and gamanley like this.
  39. Ahhh I want some IST but would settle for ST. I hate not being able to get it in MA. I would be able to get it when I went to school in RI if I was lucky and went to Nikkis at the right time.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.