1. One Hundred Mags (Rule). Check out the sneak peek of BeerAdvocate magazine #100, plus some of the changes coming your way.

New England Brewing Co lookout thread

Discussion in 'US - New England' started by DrWangerBanger, Oct 17, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CTBeerPope

CTBeerPope Savant (320) Connecticut Jan 30, 2012

Growler itself is $4. FBD was $10 last time. Idk about this time. Sea Hag $10, gbot 668 $15.Elm City $10.

2. Interesting, I just assumed the FBD would be $15. Fine either way, thanks!

3. CTBeerPope

Wasn't last time.

4. Depends on the beer. 10-sea hag and elm city, 15-g-bot and668

5. CTBeerPope

Drew when is FBD gonna be available? Friday?

6. They are looking at Friday but I would call because it may be ready late afternoon tommorow.

smutty33 likes this.
  7. CTBeerPope

Thanks!

8. xanok

xanok Savant (415) Connecticut Aug 13, 2009

Varies beer to beer.

9. From what I can remember, here's a breakdown of past prices for growler fills:

$4 = empty growler
    $10 = Sea Hag, Elm City, FBD, Galaxy, Ghost Pigeon, Gold Stock, Scrumtrulescent, Alpha Weizen
    $15 = Gandhi-Bot, 668, Coriolis
    $20 = IST, Wet Willy, Friar's Quad
    $25 = Premeditated Murder

Basically, the higher the gravity the higher the price. Pretty straightforward.

10. Gmr75

Gmr75 Savant (405) Connecticut Apr 30, 2002

Speaking of Premeditated Murder, anyone still see that on the shelves anywhere in CT? I have a bottle in the cellar, but wish I would have gotten a few more. Really enjoyed the bottle I drank.

I still see a lot of the Quad, and Wet Willy, but that's about it in the 16.9 bottles.

11. CTBeerPope

Call Willowbrook in Cromwell. They had some last time I was there.

12. From facebook:

13. so, i am reading this right, correct - they are NOT going to release it? weirdly worded.

14. Yah will this batch be available tomorrow or not?

15. Yeah, I dunno, I avoided commenting on that to see what other people thought first. I can't decide if they are or aren't going to

Honestly I'd probably still buy some of it, but I can understand them just dumping it. Brand image and all that

16. NJOssie

NJOssie Savant (275) New Jersey Feb 28, 2012

it reads as if they ARE releasing it tomorrow... to me at least...

17. The more I read into it, the less I think they are going to actually put it out there. Guess we'll have to wait until someone from the brewery weighs in.

18. Gmr75

It is oddly worded, but I hope they dump it (or take it home, or give it to their friends...). It would be very odd to advertise you've brewed a beer not up to your standards, and then still put it up for sale.

19. NJOssie

I thought the suggestion to call it "Ugly Duckling" was pretty funny... I'm interested to see how off it is

20. There we go, completely gone :( Oh well, I think its great they feel it's important to put out a good, consistent product.

cheers55 and smutty33 like this.
  21. Knifestyles

Knifestyles Savant (455) New York Jun 7, 2005

Anyone know when Fuzzy Baby Ducks will be ready?

Pahn, woosterbill, Fluke828 and 4 others like this.
  22. I saw what you did there.

23. The Big Drain pour!

smutty33 likes this.
  24. That really sucks they had to pour it down the drain, those Citra hops are neither cheap nor easy to find (at least from a homebrew perspective)

25. Thread win.RAR

stearns16 likes this.
  26. I recall someone saying that they only had enough Citra for 2 FBD batches this year. Hopefully they can source more, cause it would suck if there's only 1 now :[

27. As a disclaimer, I know nothing about professional hop contracts or anything professional brewing related. However, I would venture a guess that additional citra hops would be pretty difficult to find after the initial harvest season. Combining the fact that citra is a proprietary hop (and thus grown on a smaller scale than other hops) with how insanely popular citra has become would make for a hard time finding more, I imagine.

28. EDNOSE

EDNOSE Savant (280) Connecticut Oct 27, 2007

Yeah, the short supply and the numerous times I've seen people mention they didn't have an endless supply at NEBCO makes me wonder how they are rebrewing it ...

Very glad to see them stick to their guns on quality standards.

29. Pahn

Pahn Advocate (715) New York Dec 2, 2009

glad they dumped instead of releasing an inferior batch. hopefully next one is as amazing as the first.

also, hopefully citra hops will somehow become plentiful in the next few years.

30. I saw at least 6 at Premier wine and spirits in Fairfield. Give them a ring.

31. yeah, you guys should probably all just stay home ;)

32. Gmr75

Cool. thanks! I tried the place in Cromwell mentioned early in the thread. Didn't have any, but it was a great little store to visit... got a bottle of 2007 Oak Aged Rodenbach, and a bomber of the Schmatlz/Terrapin colab. This stop led me on a hour long loop of 3 other stores in the area. No PM, but I did come home with 6 bottles of Stout Trooper...

33. NJOssie

do you know something that we should know???

man, I didn't get any regular IST or PMM

34. anybody know when Attempted Murder will be ready? (this is actually a serious post)

35. CTBeerPope

36. Like any barrel-aged beer, it will be ready when it's ready. Speculation would suggest somewhere between 6 months and a year after it went into barrels (which was when exactly? October?), but it would be nothing more than speculation.

sandman3479 and Knifestyles like this.
  37. CTBeerPope

Extremely sorry about the PM not being there. Thought they had some still. I worked there until December 29 and when I left there was 2 rows of PM left. It's def a good little store n next time u go there tell Chris(owner) the pope says hi!

38. Regular IST is still pretty well stocked in south-eastern CT

39. Gmr75

No worries. I would have just called if I wanted to know for sure, but I was looking forward to a new shop - I appricate hearing about it! It's a nice little place, and I hit a couple of other stores on the way back to North Haven - so it worked out perfect.

40. Ninety 9 bottles in Norwalk had a couple bottles on the shelf Wednesday.

IST was at Bev max -Norwarlk. Quite a few (maybe 20) bottles.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.