1. The wait is over! Download the BeerAdvocate app on iTunes or Google Play now.
  2. Get 12 issues / year of BeerAdvocate magazine for only $9.99!

New England Brewing Co lookout thread

Discussion in 'US - New England' started by DrWangerBanger, Oct 17, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. codasnap52

codasnap52 Savant (305) Connecticut Jan 24, 2008

I went to Prime 16 the night after the tap takeover (aka last night) and was pumped to see as many as 10 NEBCO offerings still on draft. The Gold Stock was awesome and I got the last pour of the Premeditated Murder. The specials were long gone, but I plan on getting a growler fill of FBD after work tomorrow at the brewery (if it lasts that long) for the Super Bowl.
    xanok likes this.
  2. xanok

xanok Savant (395) Connecticut Aug 13, 2009

Oh man, I didn't even think about that! Great idea!
  3. Anyone that has or can pick up some of those last few bottles of IST going to the day session of EBF? BM me I really would like a few.
  4. This thread is surprisingly quiet considering the pending FBD release...
  5. Everyone is hoping that everyone else isn't aware of it...ha.
  6. NJOssie

NJOssie Savant (265) New Jersey Feb 28, 2012

they said there'd be enough to last at least through tomorrow... so I don't think that's needed
    smutty33 and sandman3479 like this.
  7. Especially since they said it's not available until after 3pm today and they're only open until 6pm...so...yeah, I think they'll have some left tomorrow.
  8. I'm heading down for 3 today, can't make it work for tomorrow, I'm def looking forward to filling a few growlers, just finished my last Gold Stock last night
    sandman3479 likes this.
  9. thegerm87

thegerm87 Savant (430) Connecticut Aug 26, 2011

How much for the actual growlers there? (Not including the beer)
  10. $4
  11. pjs234

pjs234 Advocate (670) Connecticut Jun 29, 2008

if you need to buy one, i would call them first to make sure they have some on hand. I have personnally been in the area, but could not buy beer because I forgot my growlers and they were either out of caps and/or growlers. Not sure where you are coming from, but it would suck to get there and they can't sell you one.
  12. I was there on Wednesday, and *** at that time*** they did have growlers and caps. That could have changed. I'd call ahead to confirm.
  13. thegerm87

Thanks for the help guys! I'm only coming from Trumbull and planned on stopping in after work this afternoon. Worse comes to worst, I drive down tomorrow. Love being close to NEBCO.
  14. Plenty of growlers and people are waiting for the fbd
    sandman3479 and NJOssie like this.
  15. NJOssie

hope to make it tomorrow...
  16. Just picked up my FBD for the Super Bowl. Hope everyone has a good weekend.
  17. How's the scene? When you say a lot, do you mean a lot, or do you mean a lot for NEBCO? :p
  18. thegerm87

Waiting in line. Two growler limit on FBD I think. Should help with those coming tomorrow.
  19. Last keg of Gold Stock just got tapped.
  20. :(
  21. oh noooooooooooooooooooooooo
  22. Do you think they will have enough for the weekend? They open on Monday?
  23. RMoeNay

RMoeNay Savant (490) Connecticut Sep 22, 2010

Not sure this was the most insane I have ever seen it down there. They had two lines for FBD and it was going fast.
  24. blckout20

blckout20 Savant (270) Connecticut May 24, 2012

How much is a growler of FBD?
  25. I think they said $10 on facebook.
    I wish I could leave work now and make it down there tonight before they close. Otherwise I'll be there first thing tomorrow morning.
  26. $10. I was down there at about 4:30 and it wasn't as bad as I expected - two lines with about 4 people in each. The batch itself smells and tastes great
  27. codasnap52

codasnap52 Savant (305) Connecticut Jan 24, 2008

I was there about 4:45 as well. Not bad at all. They are filling from the canning line area in the back and I walked right up and got my fill. $10 a growler is a STEAL! They said they made a 15 BBL batch, so unless it got crazy after I left there should be some left at opening tomorrow.
    smutty33 likes this.
  28. I was in there at 315 or so and it was pretty busy, after I got in there the line grew to close to 25 or so people and they ran around and set up the second FBD filling station on the canning line, I tried two samples while I was there an it was excellent
    sandman3479 likes this.
  29. One keg of goldstock left. Fbd 2 growler limit and elm city tommorow
  30. smutty33

smutty33 Advocate (650) Connecticut Jun 12, 2009

I was there the same time as you till close.There was a steady stream of people comin through.I was amazed when I learned that people were eating lunch across the street at the Winchester waiting for NEBCo. to open the doors @3.Then I hear a line was going around the corner of the brewery...lol.Insane.
    And the FBD is tasting lovely.

Cheers
  31. Just got my FBD right at opening this morning. Decent amount of people there already and they are filling FBD only in the back.
  32. NJOssie

Yup... just left myself and they had two filling lines again. Tasting great again. They said in 2.5 hours yesterday they went through 7 barrels.
  33. Gold Stock gone as of like 11:30, FYI. 668 on to replace it, Elm City also on.
  34. blckout20

blckout20 Savant (270) Connecticut May 24, 2012

Mmmm...Got my fbd growler this morning, gonna be an excellent weekend.
  35. Just got my FBD!!! Woo! Wonderful guys working there.

Does anyone know of a place that has Gold Stock on draft for sure? Really wanted to try that and they ran out at the brewery this morning. I called a few places and they didn't have it on. When I called Prime 16 the girl didn't sound too sure of herself about what was on. Any help would be appreciated. Cheers!
  36. Based on the Prime 16 taplist they tweeted out this morning, Gold Stock's gone. Maybe check The Winchester (right across from NEBCO)? They often have NEBCO releases. Was not on at Cask Republic last night nor at Mikro, which are usually the best two bets after Prime 16.. Best of luck finding some!
  37. If u are here now too late on fbd. Last keg going
  38. CTBeerPope

CTBeerPope Savant (280) Connecticut Jan 30, 2012

I'm psyched NEBCO is doing so well but Damn I hope this doesnt happen with every draft only release. Can only imagine how quick Coriolis will go.
    RMoeNay, smutty33 and CTJman like this.
  39. 7.5bbl yesterday and the last 4bbl tapped out in barely more than 2hr today.

If you missed out on a growler, look for it on draft in the usual spots.
  40. Pahn

Pahn Advocate (695) New York Dec 2, 2009

coriolis not quite as beloved, but pretty much just as good.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.