1. The wait is over! Download the BeerAdvocate app on iTunes or Google Play now.
  2. Get 12 issues / year of BeerAdvocate magazine for only $9.99!

New England Brewing Co lookout thread

Discussion in 'US - New England' started by DrWangerBanger, Oct 17, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CM's always gets Gold Stock. Delaney's too.
    smutty33 likes this.
  2. CTBeerPope

CTBeerPope Savant (280) Connecticut Jan 30, 2012

I don't know about that my friend. Is that an (IMO) statement lol. All good either way. I personally think Coriolis, albeit a DIPA, is superior.
    CTJman likes this.
  3. The only question now is which growler do I open tonight, FBD or Gold Stock... Talk about a hard decision.
  4. bigedct

bigedct Savant (405) Connecticut Jun 23, 2011

Brought my wife, picked up 3 FBD and a Gold Stock. Dropped one FBD off to a beer geek friend who's lady friend is also beer geek and was flying in today from Cali to visit. The rest are for the Superbowl tomorrow.
    smutty33 and NJOssie like this.
  5. bigedct

IYO. Wasn't a fan of Coriolis. FBD is much better. IMO. LOL
  6. bigedct

I did hear an someone say that the Attempted Murder was very close to being ready.
    naloxone and NJOssie like this.
  7. NJOssie

NJOssie Savant (265) New Jersey Feb 28, 2012

Great seeing you man.
    bigedct likes this.
  8. May be a name change.....Premeditated Redrum
    naloxone and bigedct like this.
  9. Look for pr soon. But pm is on tap for growlers
  10. what????? did that go on after FBD kicked? shit, I should have come back. still regretting buying only 2 PMM bottles. that beer is amazing.
  11. CTBeerPope

(IMO) Your palette probably needs some maturing Ed. (IMO) Hah. No, but in all seriousness there's no right or wrong on this. To me Nelson adds a little more complexity to the brew. Like I said before tho one is an IPA and the other is a DIPA. In the end, its all personal preference. And my personal preference is much better than that of well....anyone. (IMO) of course.
  12. Yeah, Coriolis definitely got A LOT less interest last time around when compared to FBD, I wouldn't worry too much about it. Citra hops are just so crazy hyped right now, that's an absolutely huge factor in why this is so popular (the beer is great, don't get me wrong!)
  13. CTBeerPope

I truly believe when it comes time for Coriolis this year that there will be a similar scene to what I witnessed the past 2 days. Not on BA, but at Nebco. Looking forward to this year at Nebco and hope I can get out of work early a shitload of days.
  14. Yes pm came on after fbd kicked.
  15. I actually think they went through about 6 kegs of Coriolis the day it was released last year. The difference was just that there was a larger batch of it made than FBD.
  16. And just wait until they offer growlers of a full batch of Mosaic. They might have to start doing silent releases for growlers as well as bottles...
    smutty33 and tehzachatak like this.
  17. bigedct

I'm sure it won't be the last time.
  18. Just had some Fuzzy Baby Ducks and Bourbon IST at New York Pizza in Plainfield. Hurry, before it's gone!
    naloxone likes this.
  19. Gold Stock is on at New Haven Meatball House for those who can't wait for it to arrive at more familiar locations.
    tehzachatak likes this.
  20. codasnap52

codasnap52 Savant (305) Connecticut Jan 24, 2008

Finished my 2nd (and last) growler of FBD during the Super Bowl tonight. Good lord that is an amazing beer. I noticed people were responding in this thread about whether FBD or Coralis is the better brew. It may be subjective but I have to give the nod to FBD, and its really not even close. I had a bottle share last night, that included Heady and Piliny, and by the end the growler of FBD we included had become the biggest hit among the IPA's. I'm not going to say FBD is better than those brews, but it holds up very well among them in a tasting. Heck, I had one friend who works at a local and very large brewery who claimed that FBD just turned her into a Citra convert. That beer is legit! Can't wait for the future Mosaic release, and many, MANY more releases of FBD.
    smutty33 and pjs234 like this.
  21. smutty33

smutty33 Advocate (650) Connecticut Jun 12, 2009

I agree w/ ya man,
    Two other BA's and I had 2 growlers of FBD for the super bowl and we were just loving the brew,staring at it and smelling the aroma...lol.It was as if we had it for the 1st time...lol.I have had some of the best in the ipa world,and for sure FBD can compete all day,any day w/ the big boys.

Shout out to Matt @ NEBCo....killin it man!

Cheers
  22. jmarce

jmarce Savant (320) Connecticut May 15, 2011

@NewEnglandBrew I'm excited about our next few months of brewing. We'll be brewing 2 saisons, a coffee oatmeal stout, another single hop IPA, and GalaxyPale

[​IMG]

I can't decide which of those I'm most excited about.
  23. ...alll of them???? but, yeah, Galaxy Pale Ale is my favorite session beer ever. made the mistake of only getting one growler last time. think I need like 4 at next release.
    smutty33 likes this.
  24. A NEBCO Coffee Oatmeal Stout!?!?!? I can't even describe how excited I am; I've been begging Matt and Rob to brew that exact style of beer for years now. Can't wait!
    naloxone likes this.
  25. davey101

davey101 Initiate (0) Connecticut Apr 14, 2009

Hasn't it been on the "on deck" board at some point? I remember seeing it up, or maybe Matt talking about it over the summer....

Sounds soooo good though.
  26. If I'd heard anything about it I've forgotten entirely. I know they did the coffee/chai/chipotle casks of Ghost Pigeon, but this is the first official word I've heard about them doing a stout other than IST.
  27. CTBeerPope

Why don't we wait and see when Coriolis hits. It's easy to say fbd is better when a) its really good and fresh and b) its in your possession at the moment. We definitely need to revisit this in the future. All in all, its a friggin great thing to have access to NEBCO and to be able to partake of and debate over their world class brews. Cheers dudes.
    cheers55 and davey101 like this.
  28. Pahn

Pahn Advocate (695) New York Dec 2, 2009

not that it matters, but i wasn't saying that FBD is better than coriolis, i was saying that it seemed to be more desired. maybe not though, who knows?

myself, i'd wait in line for any experimental NEBCO hoppy beer.
    pjs234 likes this.
  29. CTBeerPope

It's all good man, while I love both beers, I was just having fun. No worries man.
  30. Just saw the mention of Coffee Oatmeal Stout brewed with CT roasted coffee in Feb/Mar edition of Yankee Brew News
  31. I have some deja vu regarding an oatmeal stout on the board as well. Glad to hear, that coffee IST was fantastic.

For that matter, I'd love to see more coffee IST.
  32. Naterobsnyk4

Naterobsnyk4 Savant (330) New York Jan 25, 2012

So this might be a stupid question, but I'll be stoping at NEBCO this weekend and was curious if bottles of Imperial Stout Trooper are readily available. Is it a limited release situation, did they run out quick at the brewery but it still is lingering on shelves? Is it produced seasonally? year round?

Is it at least on draft there?

What are usual bottle offerings for take away?

Any and all help is appreciated.
  33. xanok

xanok Savant (395) Connecticut Aug 13, 2009

You're probably out of luck with Stout Trooper. Unfortunately its long gone. You might get lucky and find it in a store somewhere, but unlikely.
  34. 1. Yes, it's a limited release. They make it once a year. A few bottles are sold at the brewery, a few kegs are sold for growlers at the brewery, most of it goes into distro. As far as I know, both are gone now at the brewery, although sometimes they hold back random kegs and release them randomly, usually unannounced, for growler fills (but I wouldn't bet on it). I'm sure there are bottles of IST on the shelf somewhere, but I doubt they'll be easy to find.

2. If you check this thread, people typically update it with what's on draft at NEBCO - I think this weekend, you're likely to only see the year-round beers (Sea Hag, Elm City Pilsner, 668 the Neighbor of the Beast), and maybe Premeditated Murder Barleywine (and maybe Gandhi-Bot? I think there was a batch going). Those are what will likely be available for growler fills - typically there's not stuff available for takeaway in bottles or cans, although Amity Wine, pretty much right across the street, usually has any packaged NEBCO products currently available has to offer.
  35. EDNOSE

EDNOSE Aficionado (245) Connecticut Oct 27, 2007

I admittedly have not been out this week to shop for beer but last week there was IST in Fairfield County.
  36. i bite my tongue.

37. Keep in mind that the area is about to be hit by a big blizzard, so traveling this weekend might not be a great idea. If the storm is as bad as they say it's going to be, there's a possibility they won't even be open.
    sandman3479 likes this.
  38. blckout20

blckout20 Savant (270) Connecticut May 24, 2012

IST on draft for growler fills today.
  39. xanok

xanok Savant (395) Connecticut Aug 13, 2009

Ya looks like I spoke too soon about IST. Miss Xanok grabbed some today.
  40. FBD back on at Prime and Cask.
    averagjoe3 and ILOVESTOUTS like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.