1. Don't miss our 7th annual American Craft Beer Fest featuring 640+ beers from 140+ brewers this May 30 & 31 in Boston, MA! Buy your tickets now!
  2. BeerAdvocate on your phone?! True story. Try the beta now.

New England Brewing Co lookout thread

Discussion in 'US - New England' started by DrWangerBanger, Oct 17, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. drewj23

drewj23 Member

On tap sea hag, g-bot, 668 and coup beans
    smutty33 likes this.
  2. slangtruth

slangtruth Member

Oh, I know where to buy it in New London. And Cromwell, and Manchester and such. The question is has any been shipped out to these areas. Seems like cans have mainly been staying around New Haven and South for a while.
  3. LambAndTunaPhish

LambAndTunaPhish Member

Gotcha. I'll be out by Mohegan Sun Sat/Sunday, so that's New London-ish and I'll let you know if I find anything. They also posted on Facebook that the Hartford area would get some of the latest Gandhi Bot batch, but I'm not sure where.
  4. drewj23

drewj23 Member

They shipped out to Fairfield, new haven and Hartford counties last week
  5. pjs234

pjs234 Member

From talking with the folks at Harvest in West Hartford, it sounds like they are expecting some in the next week or so.
  6. codasnap52

codasnap52 Member

How's that Coffee Stout tasting for those who have had it? I'm considering a quick trip up after work or tomorrow to get some.
  7. Pahn

Pahn Member

i'll post some quick notes in a few hours for what it's worth (and ask if batch is big enough to grab tomorrow).

every time i come back to CT from NYC via new haven (train) for a party, NEBCO has some crazy growler fill beer on. they're the fucking best.
  8. DrWangerBanger

DrWangerBanger Member

I'll first say that it is not bad by any stretch of the imagination, but it leaves me with the same feeling ghost pigeon porter did, which is that it just doesn't have enough body to it. I know it's a normal strength ABV beer, but even normal ABV beers can have more body than this does. My only insight is that I used to make porters and stouts that just didn't have the body they needed because I mashed too low - that's what it reminds me of.

Maybe that's what they were going for, I shouldn't just assume everyone wants a really heavy bodied dark beer. That's just my 2 cents.
  9. Pahn

Pahn Member

I dont need heavy just silky. i'll see in 20 min or so (shrug).
  10. Pahn

Pahn Member

one last post for today:

1) like the oatmeal stout a lot. not silky, very coffee forward, pretty "crisp" and carbonated. probably smooths out a bit with warmth. think it will be an awesome complement to gandhi bot growler at tomorrow's party (filled 64oz growlers of both).

2) they apparently made a ton of the oatmeal stout so going tomorrow is no problem if you want to try it (place also was very relaxed, maybe 7 ppl there when i went in).

3) hello if you saw me with my little tote bag of growlers. i know i am a pretty ridiculous person.

hitting willibrew tonight. CT has good local beer.

final notes, mosaic should be up in 2 weeks and rum barrel aged premed murder is apparently shaping up to be the best beer to come out of NEBCO according to rob. i will make sure to acquire this beer.
    smutty33 and Bizoneill like this.
  11. codasnap52

codasnap52 Member

Thanks for the update and review Pahn, I'll definitely look to get my hands on a growler ASAP. Enjoy your trip.

Also for all you NEBCO guys closer to NY. Coalhouse in Stamford is doing their $9 CT pitcher deal tonight and Saturday. IST, 668 and Gold Stock are included. I went last week and it was awesome and a ridiculous deal. Have at it!
    Bizoneill likes this.
  12. tehzachatak

tehzachatak Member

i want more Gold Stock
    woosterbill likes this.
  13. woosterbill

woosterbill Member

I would have to disagree with those saying Coup Beans is too thin - I was pleasantly surprised by the amount of body it had for a mere 5.2%. Obviously it's not going to be a bit like BCBS or anything, but if you go into it expecting an average non-imperial stout then you won't be disappointed at all.

It delivers a terrific balance of intensity (esp. the aroma) and drinkability (I enjoyed a 32oz growler by myself last night, and could have easily had another). I'm looking forward to having at least one more growler while it's on.

Cheers!
  14. blckout20

blckout20 Member

I would agree with the comments made by woosterbill. While certainly a bit thin, I'd simply consider it a more sessionable stout. This brew is loaded with coffee aroma and flavor and it somewhat reminded me of a FBS but a bit thinner. I picked up a growler yesterday and have highly considered making the trip for a refill this weekend.

They also put a new batch of gandhi bot on draft for growlers today, so if you do go to the brewery I'd get one of those too. Especially while they have plenty of growlers in stock.
    smutty33 likes this.
  15. MVP09

MVP09 Member

In search of fresh G Bot. Gonna be near CT boarder I heard NEBCo might distribute to Danielson, Putnam, or Mystic. Just wanted to know if I had any chance finding any 15 or 30min into CT
  16. slangtruth

slangtruth Member

So, canned G-Bot in Hartford County (says above was shipped there last week), has anyone seen any? I'm looking for the fastest reasonable detour between Springfield, MA and New London to get some.
  17. ILOVESTOUTS

ILOVESTOUTS Member

$9 growlers of Gold Stock is how i read this. Bathroom fill bro!
    blckout20 and davey101 like this.
  18. davey101

davey101 Member

So is coup beans a hot rod reference or something? (cool beans!)
  19. HarleyRider

HarleyRider Member

I thought I drank that entire keg myself in 2 days. Good beer. Pies and Pints is right up the road from me. Saves me from having to drive to New Haven for a good tap. Or 26 good taps I should say.

Anyone know when Fuzzy Ducks will be brewed again?
  20. drewj23

drewj23 Member

Unless someone has citrus hops available anytime soon, it will be awhile.
  21. DrWangerBanger

DrWangerBanger Member

I've got about half a pound in my freezer, I'm sure that will be enough, right?
  22. Zbyler

Zbyler Member

New haven county will be getting g-bot in the next two weeks from what the distributor told me.
  23. LambAndTunaPhish

LambAndTunaPhish Member

smutty33, woosterbill and sandman3479 like this.
  24. EDNOSE

EDNOSE Member

Great news on the Supernaut! Any sense on how much was made compared to FBD?

Anyone seen G Bot in Fairfield County this week? Last shipment did not make it up Ridgefield / Danbury way. I will be down Norwalk way tomorrow and curious if any is around down there.
  25. mltobin

mltobin Member

Ed, others; saw & purchased the most recent batch at 99 bottles recently. I did not see any at TW, although they have 668. (and it`s always nice to spend $ at a great independent shop) :)
    sandman3479 likes this.
  26. DrWangerBanger

DrWangerBanger Member

Supernaut is, what, the all Mosaic IPA?
  27. woosterbill

woosterbill Member

It's all Mosaic, but a slightly different beer than the Mosaic IPA they poured at the tap takeover. They toned down the ABV a bit (5.8% maybe?) so it should be somewhere in between Galaxy Pale Ale and FBD in terms of intensity. Based on the handful of Mosaic-hopped beers I've had (not to mention the magic that NEBCO regular works with hops in general), I'm sure it'll be outstanding.
    sandman3479, seplo and Bizoneill like this.
  28. DrWangerBanger

DrWangerBanger Member

So what are we thinking, are we waiting until Friday or has anyone heard it will be out earlier than that?
  29. Timmush

Timmush Member

What time do they open on Friday? I'm on my way up to Boston and will be in that area around 11.
  30. xanok

xanok Member

Yes.
  31. DrWangerBanger

DrWangerBanger Member

Weekdays they're usually open 11 - 6, I think.
  32. drewj23

drewj23 Member

Yes that is correct. I would call to see what they have on tap
  33. bigedct

bigedct Member

Called today. 668, sea hag, coup beans. Tomorrow after 4 supernaut. Forgot to ask about Chardoneighbor and REDRUM.
  34. CTJman

CTJman Member

Was just there. They said supernaut Thurs! So who knows
  35. bigedct

bigedct Member

You really never do.
  36. pjs234

pjs234 Member

So is Supernaut available today?
  37. JLoPMac

JLoPMac Member

That's what their twitter says as of 15 min ago. Anyone know how much they made? Do we expect this to last to the weekend?
  38. RMoeNay

RMoeNay Member

Yep per their twitter feed:

"Available for growler fills today. Coup Beans coffee oatmeal stout, 668, Sea Hag, Supernaut IPA."

I think it should last till the weekend and im guessing a price point of $10 a growler...
  39. tehzachatak

tehzachatak Member

twice as much as FBD, i think
  40. thegerm87

thegerm87 Member

Saw scrumtrulescent saison on the schedule when I went a week or two ago. Haven't heard much since. Anybody have any info?
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.