1. The wait is over! Download the BeerAdvocate app on iTunes or Google Play now.
  2. Get 12 issues / year of BeerAdvocate magazine for only $9.99!

New England Brewing Co lookout thread

Discussion in 'US - New England' started by DrWangerBanger, Oct 17, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. davey101

davey101 Initiate (0) Connecticut Apr 14, 2009

Oh, fuck me sideways!!!

FrankLloydMike and ILOVESTOUTS like this.
  2. let's recap: IST, BB IST, Chardonneighbor, Fuzzy Baby Ducks promised in 1st half 2012? I suppose the Chardonneighbor may not go for sale right away. Anyhow MOTHER OF GOD.

davey101 likes this.
  3. davey101

If Coriolis gets a rebrew I will ask for nothing else!

4. NJOssie

NJOssie Savant (265) New Jersey Feb 28, 2012

mad wins coming out of NEBCO

5. Can anyone find out if they are bottling the fuzzy wuzzys this time?

6. Or canning.

7. i would be very, very surprised if they did either. i don't know, obviously, but i don't believe NEBCO's ever bottled a special Pale/IPA/DIPA besides Zapata Bot which was barreled. if they ever did, i would have to imagine them going can to preserve freshness, and i doubt they could get enough Citra to make a batch big enough to can... but who knows.

i would think Galaxy Pale Ale's a much more likely can candidate sometime in the future, and i, for one, look forward to the day when that's an option. in fact going to have to beg Rob to make 30 racks of it based on how much of it i'll likely drink.

8. Last time I filled growlers, I was told if Coriolis is rebrewed, expect summer. The hop varietals used are available in May-June.

davey101 likes this.
  9. davey101

Agreed! I like galaxy more than seahag. Crazy sessionable at 4.8%. Would love to see cans.

10. @NewEnglandBrew
    Been getting questions about the availability of Coriolis DIPA next year. It'll def be brewed again in July.

davey101 likes this.
  11. NJOssie

love that they are starting to use twitter

12. NJOssie

@NewEnglandBrew and will be brewed more than just once.

sandman3479 likes this.
  13. ? i do not see this tweet

14. NJOssie

Interesting... they removed.it.

15. well, i would assume this means they at least want to! i'm sure all of the special hoppy brews are entirely limited by hop availability anyway.

16. NJOssie

True...

17. NJOssie

all it means is more Coriolis! Now if they can promise more FBD's I'll be even happier

18. RMoeNay

RMoeNay Advocate (505) Connecticut Sep 22, 2010

Well its coming out in mid Jan and in talking with Matt he hinted it may be coming out a few more times along with new hop varieties of FBD and Coriolis

19. NJOssie

yeah, I saw he was releasing in Jan... but I loved the beer so much that I'd like to see it multiple times

20. On tap today sea hag, 668, elm city and ghandhi bot

RMoeNay likes this.
  21. wet willy bottles also! got a couple. yum.

22. Patrick

Patrick Initiate (0) Massachusetts Aug 13, 2007

Wow, picked up some Sea Hag yesterday and it is quite a bit better than the last time I had it maybe 2 years ago.

23. RMoeNay

RMoeNay Advocate (505) Connecticut Sep 22, 2010

Yeah sea hag direct from the brewery has become one of my favorite Ipas. Its vastly better/different than before.

phorestfreak likes this.
  24. Pahn

Pahn Advocate (695) New York Dec 2, 2009

they definitely changed the recipe in the last year or so. at present, it's pretty much unbeatable for store-bought IPAs in my opinion. i have a soft spot for celebration, but i think sea hag is the best not-boozebomb IPA i can get outside of farmhouses in vermont.

25. Errto

Errto Savant (305) Connecticut Oct 20, 2009

Speaking of which, did the recipe for Elm City change? I'm sort of indifferent on the branding change, but I tried the beer again recently and it seems to have a bit of extra kick (not meaning more alcohol necessarily) that it didn't have before. In a good way.

26. NJOssie

yum...

27. Available for fills today 12/17/12 Elm City, Sea Hag and Gandhi-Bot

28. For Dec 18, growler fills of Sea Hag, Elm City, Handhi-Bot and 2012 Imperial Stout Trooper! Bummed I won't be able to make it for an IST.

tehzachatak and gamanley like this.
  29. If anyone stops by today could you find out when they will be selling IST bottles. I ended up missing when they did last year and got gouged at Amity.

30. These aren't the growlers you're looking for...

dennho and Fluke828 like this.
  31. I figured i wouldn't post my knowledge of IST growlers starting today :p. But it looks like it leaked anyway! Dumb of me to think that it wouldn't.

How long do you think it will last on draft?

32. I'm driving up on Saturday -- anyone else going? Was it this thread where someone else mentioned bringing/sharing bottles with the Nebco guys?

33. Hopefully until tomorrow when my girlfriend can get one filled for me ;)

34. How long before they release the BA IST? They're not gonna bottle condition this time right?

35. NJOssie

from their twitter

Trevdawg likes this.
  36. Any word on when we can expect it in bottles? All this talk of it is for draft, right?

37. smutty33

smutty33 Advocate (650) Connecticut Jun 12, 2009

Rob told me a few weeks ago that they "kinda" went back to the 2006 recipe.
    Cask version was awesome,looking 4ward to the bottled batch for sure.

Cheers

NJOssie likes this.
  38. They are bottling as I type and was told they expected to be bottling again tomorrow. Not sure the time it takes to go from brewery to distributor to store

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.