1. The wait is over! Download the BeerAdvocate app on iTunes or Google Play now.
  2. Get 12 issues / year of BeerAdvocate magazine for only $9.99!

New Glarus Brewery founder on hand for State of the Union

Discussion in 'Beer News' started by apintofknowledge, Feb 12, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. No matter your political affiliation, it's pretty cool having Craft Beer represented at the State of the Union:

New Glarus Brewery founder on hand for State of the Union

By Associated Press

NEW GLARUS, Wis. (AP) -- The founder of the New Glarus Brewery has a special seat to view President Obama's State of the Union address.
    Deb Carey will be in first lady Michelle Obama's box for the speech Tuesday night. Carey was one of 15 small business owners who met with the president at the White House in November about the looming fiscal cliff.
    Carey brought along some New Glarus-brewer beer for the White House visit. WISC-TV says she took home three bottle of honey ale brewed in the basement of the executive residence.
    http://www.todaystmj4.com/news/local/190893601.html
  2. MeadGuyfromMD

MeadGuyfromMD Savant (260) Maryland May 23, 2007

3. BeerLover99

BeerLover99 Advocate (735) Illinois Dec 13, 2008

This is AMAZING NEWS!! Support local businesses.
  4. Look closely on TV to see if glasses of Wisconsin Belgian Red are being passed around on the balcony of the House Chamber during the speech tonight ;)
  5. futura123

futura123 Savant (340) California Jul 29, 2010

Best IP trade ever!!!! FT: New Glarus beers ISO: White House Honey Ale
    dvelcich, DBijnagte, Deltoro and 2 others like this.
  6. I'd tick that. WHHA.
  7. Cool, New Glarus, Ted Nugent and the POTUS all under the same roof!
  8. DanE

DanE Savant (400) Connecticut Feb 24, 2012

Sipping on some New Glarus as we speak here in CT. A colleague has family there and brings beer to family here in New England. I jump on that whenever possible. Cheers to local business getting a prominent voice.
  9. I'll make sure I never buy any thing from New Glarus ever again!:eek:
    teal likes this.
  10. pk18

pk18 Savant (290) Wisconsin Jun 12, 2012

I will buy whatever you choose not to.:D
    myspoonistoobig likes this.
  11. The fact that this is a brewer that happens to be a small business is inconsequential to Obama perspective on business. It is merely a smoke screen to manipulate public favor. If Obama cared about small businesses or any business regardless of size, many of the decisions of his administration would be very different.
  12. Todd

Todd Founder (1,430) Colorado Aug 23, 1996 Staff Member

Locking this down. Too many can't see any good in these things and would rather inject their personal politics.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.