1. Extreme Beer Fest. March 20 & 21, 2015 in Boston, Mass. Join us!
  2. The wait is over! Download the BeerAdvocate app on iTunes or Google Play now.
  3. Get 12 issues / year of BeerAdvocate magazine for only $9.99!

New Glarus Is Adding A Dedicated Lambic Cellar

Discussion in 'Beer News' started by JohnnyTightLips, Jun 9, 2012.

1. syrupjoe, pschul4, gigaknight and 2 others like this.
  2. HomeBrewed

HomeBrewed Savant (380) Minnesota Dec 10, 2006

ISO: New Glarus Lambics!!

3. I just got a ton of New Glarus from one of my blog readers. I've never had them before, so Im pretty excited!

4. I really want to try something from them other than blacktop.

5. Just got a bunch myself. The IIPA is fantastic.

6. More ENIGMA!!!!

KAF likes this.
  7. maximum12

maximum12 Champion (755) Minnesota Jan 21, 2008

One more reason to stop at the brewery when in the neighborhood!

8. Agold

Agold Advocate (510) Pennsylvania Mar 13, 2010

Holycrapballs. Can't wait to try some of the stuff that comes out of those beauties.

9. Ungertaker

Ungertaker Savant (460) Minnesota Apr 30, 2010

WOW! I cannot wait to put a lot more miles on my car driving to the brewery.

KAF likes this.
  10. This is their cherry stout. How the fuck is this a stout? im getting lambic all day

[​IMG]

11. litheum94

litheum94 Initiate (0) California Dec 29, 2008

Wow. Even more reason to pay them a visit. Yet another beer trip to plan....

12. It's not. Certainly a "fruit beer," which it's correctly categorized on here, IMO. I wouldn't say a Wild Ale, and certainly it isn't a stout. I assume it comes from perhaps a stout-like base they use before the fruit additions and spontaneous fermentation. Either way, I thought it was damn delicious.

13. Best possible thing that could have happened to the WI brewing scene. I cannot wait. Thank you New Glarus!

14. I believe it's simply a stout (though nearly a brown ale IMO) with sour cherries.

15. cnez138

cnez138 Aspirant (45) Michigan Mar 1, 2011

A buddy of mine brought some back from Wisconsin. I was impressed with everything I tried, especially Road Slush stout and Fat Squirrel ale. I would be nice if they distributed in Michigan.

16. I really wish they would expand distribution to Chicago. I am a BIG fan of pretty much all of their product.

17. I love breweries that only distribute within their own State. It gives you an excuse to go on vacation!

JohnnyTightLips and jpbebeau like this.
  18. Reinbeck11

Reinbeck11 Savant (350) Iowa Aug 15, 2012

Yep, Slamminson it gives my brother a reason to travel to WI twice a year, and for me to go to go to his place and check the contents of his basement fridge.

The Blacktop is safe from my pilfering...... not a fan. The Cherry stout was good although it almost made me think I was in the wine cellar.