1. The wait is over! Download the BeerAdvocate app on iTunes or Google Play now.
  2. Get 12 issues / year of BeerAdvocate magazine for only $9.99!

Comment New Member Forum

Discussion in 'Site' started by rvajohn, Dec 26, 2012.

1. rvajohn

rvajohn Aficionado (245) Virginia Nov 22, 2012

I just wanted to say hello. I'm a new member and hope to be very active. I didn't see a spot for new members to introduce themselves, so I'm doing it here. Might be cool to have a spot for such introductions. I'm in Virginia and love all things beer. Cheers
  2. Cenosillicaphobe

Cenosillicaphobe Savant (360) Maine Jul 24, 2011

Hello there! I'm not that new to the site...but I'm quite new to the forums myself...not sure what made me make the jump...but I'm glad I did.
  3. afrokaze

afrokaze Advocate (620) California Jun 12, 2009

A beginner's thread or just some stickies would probably be a good idea actually. Cheers and merry xmas!
  4. Welcome and enjoy !!!
  5. rvajohn

'thread' was the terminology that was eluding me
  6. I haven't even figured out how to start a thread yet! Merry Christmas!!
    afrokaze likes this.
  7. afrokaze

afrokaze Advocate (620) California Jun 12, 2009

8. luwak

luwak Savant (305) Arizona Mar 2, 2010

Welcome. I lurked for thee years before posting and I feel like just reading changed my worldview about beer.. This place is filled with knowledgeable and generous people. Of course it changes constantly.
    We're glad to have you.

Cheers!
    gkatsoris, skinsfan and cyrushire like this.
  9. lsummers

lsummers Advocate (535) California Jun 21, 2010

Hey there! Good to see you on here! Can't wait to see your opinions in the forums!

!
  10. skinsfan

skinsfan Advocate (600) Maryland May 24, 2005

Welcome aboard! I agree that it would be good to have a beginner's thread. I have been a member for a number of years and really only withing the last year started posting and finally figured out how to post pics within the last 2 months or so. Overall, this is a great place to learn a lot about all things related to beer. Cheers!
  11. Welcome to the show my friend. If you haven't seen the sworn blood oath section, I would definitely check it out. My only word of advice is take some things on this site with a grain of salt. Other than that, enjoy! This place is really boss and awesome to be a part of. Cheers!
  12. Welcome! I've been a member for almost two months now and it's the place to expand your horizons in the beer world!
  13. exitmusic00

exitmusic00 Savant (265) Oregon Mar 15, 2010

Awesome avatar! I dig the choice of the original logo. ;) A big welcome to you and to the OP!!!
  14. Lutter

Lutter Advocate (650) Texas Jun 30, 2010

I'd be all for an entire "beginners" FAQ section for each region with various breweries in each state... just to cut down on the "Where to find Pliny the Younger in Texas"-type threads and confusion.
  15. SStein

SStein Savant (315) Belgium Dec 26, 2012

I am another noob here, and can't wait to really get going. I am currently living in Belgium and enjoying all the beers this country has to offer. Though I can't wait to get back Stateside and start finding some more of these great beers.
  16. Tick everything.
    beertunes likes this.
  17. Welcome rvajohn...... It's a great place and I've made many friends here through trading, beer tasting and events. Feel free to ask your questions and just ignore the snarky replies... You'll definitely get the answers you seek. Reading the forums and reviews of beers is a wonderful way to explan your horizon. One word of caution, despite the enthusiasm of every new member, you will not have the opportunity to drink every highly prized beer in the next six months. Don't frustrate yourself trying. It's the journey that's the most fun... not a mythical destination... Cheers and welcome!!
    luwak and rvajohn like this.
  18. rvajohn

Thanks to all!
  19. Hanzo

Hanzo Champion (955) Virginia Feb 27, 2012

Welcome aboard! I assume RVA stands for Richmond, VA?
  20. rvajohn

Richmond, VA, correct!
  21. Hanzo

Hanzo Champion (955) Virginia Feb 27, 2012

I go up there from time to time for Hardywood releases and Mekong, you're lucky to be close to those places.
  22. Schwantz

Schwantz Savant (390) Florida Dec 16, 2012

Hello new dude.....I'm noobin.
  23. Avangion

Avangion Aficionado (110) New York Dec 14, 2012

Hello. I am also a long time lurker, first time poster. Still waiting to figure out how long it takes to get new threads approved or to earn enough cred that they don't have to be?
  24. Avangion

Fill your suitcase!
  25. SStein

SStein Savant (315) Belgium Dec 26, 2012

I have close to another 3 years here. I am trying to figure out how I get the movers to do the hard work for me.
  26. Avangion

Lol, I can help you no problem!
  27. Welcome. Most noobs start out by posting ridiculous trade offers or saying something like, "Pliny the Elder sucks" so you're already good in my book.
    rvajohn likes this.
  28. Rin

Rin Initiate (0) Ohio Mar 22, 2012

Hey everyone! I'm not new to the site really but just starting to post and hopefully get some of my reviews up soon. I'm a huge craft beer enthusiast and run a beer and wine shop in Columbus, OH. I'm looking forward to meeting some new people and talking about all things beer :].