New NBB Lips of Faith Beers Info

Discussion in 'US - Mountain' started by Andwoo, Jan 3, 2013.

1. Andwoo

Andwoo Aficionado (150) Texas Sep 21, 2010

Hey party people,

Our next round of Lips of Faith beers are almost finished and will be hitting the Denver market around Feb. 1st. I'm pretty darn stoked for these two. Here's what I know so far:

- Cascara Quad: Big 10% Belgian Strong Dark Quad. Huge malt bill (Munich, biscuit, black, special B). We also used the Rochefort yeast strain in this! Also, this was brewed with cascara. Don't know what that is? Neither did I. It's the dried fruit of a coffee cherry (it surrounds the bean inside). Kinda looks like a grape. Gonna give it a sweet, plum, pipe tobacco note.

- Heavenly Feijoa Tripel (collab with Dieu du Ciel!): First off, if you haven't tried a beer from Dieu du Ciel!, I highly recommend you do (Lukas Liquor usually has some in stock). They're out of Montreal, Canada. Feijoa (pronounced FEE-JOAH) is also known as the pineapple guava. Like most trips, this has an easy malt and hop bill, but an increadible focus on the yeast (Bastogne Belgian Ale yeast) and the fruit and spices (Feijoa and Hibiscus flowers). Gonna be 9%. So stoked.

Cheers!

Andwoo

b0rderman, MarkyMOD, Domingo and 2 others like this.
  2. mazerock

mazerock Aficionado (100) Colorado Jun 13, 2012

Sounds pretty tasty...

3. alexipa

alexipa Savant (420) Colorado Oct 7, 2011

Excellent. Love me some Belgians and NB does them right. Very interested to try the cascara, I've never heard of such a thing.

4. Bay01

Bay01 Savant (445) Illinois Nov 19, 2008

These both sound worth a try, looking forward to them.

5. Andwoo

Andwoo Aficionado (150) Texas Sep 21, 2010

Right? Honestly had no idea coffee beans were actually seeds inside of fruit. Weird. But I'm also an idiot.

6. Cinderbike

Cinderbike Savant (280) Nevada Jan 16, 2011

Having eaten both feijoas and coffee berries fresh, I'm curious to try these...

7. narayan

narayan Aficionado (170) Georgia Jun 28, 2007

Sounds interesting, will give both a taste for sure.