1. Extreme Beer Fest. March 20 & 21, 2015 in Boston, Mass. Join us!
  2. The wait is over! Download the BeerAdvocate app on iTunes or Google Play now.
  3. Get 12 issues / year of BeerAdvocate magazine for only $9.99!

New Odell Cellar Series Peach IIPA

Discussion in 'Beer Releases' started by buffs9, Feb 19, 2013.

1. buffs9

buffs9 Savant (450) Colorado Apr 28, 2008

Sounds amazing:
    Odell Brewing (Ft. Collins) - As the Steve Miller Band once sang "really love your peaches, wanna shake your tree". Odell Brewing must have really embraced that song as they are planning to release a new beer soon called "Tree Shaker Imperial Peach IPA". This beer will be bottle conditioned in cage-n-corked 750ml bottles. The beer will weigh in at 9.7% ABV and is made with over 3000 pounds of pureed Colorado peaches. It's a sweet citrusy hoppy brew. Look for this to debut in the near future as part of Odell's Cellar Series.

2. Robtobfest

Robtobfest Savant (385) Connecticut Oct 21, 2009

Wish odells came to CT. Sounds great.

smutty33, SalukiAlum and blckout20 like this.
  3. If done right I can see this being a top 25 type beer.

4. gibby

gibby Aficionado (230) Pennsylvania Jul 25, 2008

ISO, I am in PA and I would love to work out a trade with someone. Thanks

5. This sounds super tasty.

6. ArrogantB

ArrogantB Advocate (700) Colorado Jun 9, 2006

OMGPEACHES11!!1!!!!1!!

Too bad it will be $15 and most likely a substandard DIPA.

:rolleyes:

I'd be a lot more interested if this was a four pack, their 750's have been a real disappointment for years.

7. they make awesome ipas though

8. ArrogantB

ArrogantB Advocate (700) Colorado Jun 9, 2006

Not $15 a 750ml awesome.

9. Knapp85

Knapp85 Advocate (700) Pennsylvania Dec 25, 2009

^^ What he said!

10. I'm movin' to the country, I'm gonna drink me a lot of peaches
    Thousands of peaches, peaches for me

11. Geuzedad

Geuzedad Savant (485) Arizona Nov 14, 2010

Sounds like a must try. Odell has moved into my top 5 and climbing. Just had Amuste and Lugene on tap at Papagos in Scottsdale AZ last night and they both were outstanding. And I do love peaches....

12. I trust Odell to make a solid DIPA. Adding peaches just makes it even better. Officially lurking the trade forums for this one.

13. crusian

crusian Advocate (620) Oregon May 14, 2010

Cellar series? iipa? um...

Beerontwowheels likes this.
  14. Moose90

Moose90 Savant (430) Colorado Nov 25, 2012

I'm close to the brewery and the store usually gets these releases rather quickly. I may have to grab some extras if anyone wants to trade. Odell and IPA go hand in hand, this one should be phenomenal.

15. DelMontiac

DelMontiac Advocate (640) Oklahoma Oct 22, 2010

I'm all over that like fruit flies on peaches.

antlerwrestler19 likes this.
  16. Kopfschuss

Kopfschuss Advocate (540) Oregon Aug 19, 2009

I recently brought Odell's Avant Peche to a tasting. Granted it was from 2009, but it wasn't all that good. I figured the Brett would have been a saving grace for this beer. Hopefully this peach beer does better for them, but I think I safely say I don't enjoy this brewery that much. Everything I have had of theirs, which isn't much, has been "Meh".

17. Odell makes crazy good Hop beverages. IPA and Myrcenary are amazing. This should be great. There is nothing wrong about perfectly balanced and hopped ipas

DelMontiac likes this.
  18. This sounds awesome. Man Odells you guys are making some stellar beers these days! Keep up the good work!

19. buffs9

buffs9 Savant (450) Colorado Apr 28, 2008

It's just what they call their large format releases, not a suggestions to cellar...

20. If the quality of this hopped up brew match that of their IPA & Myrcenary DIPA it will be excellent - add peaches and it should be a thing of beauty. I can't wait to try it! They announced their release of Footprint around this time last year & I was lucky enough to try it before its official retail release at Omaha's Extreme Beerfest. I'll be on the hunt come Saturday at this year's Extreme.....will keep you's all posted.

21. Mealhouse

Mealhouse Savant (365) Minnesota Feb 19, 2012

Mercenary base brewed with peaches sounds amazing to me, would definitely grab one even if the price is high (given their caged and corked prices it likely will be).

22. BrettHead

BrettHead Advocate (535) Nebraska Sep 18, 2010

From early 2011 :)

Unless they are bringing it without telling us, it will not be there unfortunately. Looking forward to trying this.

23. This probably won't hit shelves until March. If it's anything like 'Myrcenary with peaches', it should be amazeballs.

24. Douggo

Douggo Savant (270) Minnesota Oct 24, 2009

Since MN and MO are the easternmost states in Odell's distribution "Footprint", you east coast seekers should hook yourselves up with a trader from MN, to save on shipping.

Hi.

dougfur, Gatch and claspada like this.
  25. denver10

denver10 Champion (900) Kentucky Nov 17, 2010

Tried a Peach IPA from Odell in their taproom last summer/fall and thought it was good, so I imagine this will be delicious. I do have some concern about the cost though, as I have never had to spend more than $8/$9 for a single bottle of an IIPA before. Not a style that ever seemed to justify being anymore expensive than that, IMO. If this wasn't Odell, I would have no desire to make this exception. But since it is...

..and I agree, this should be in 4 pack format.

26. this sounds awesome. reminds me of the shaddock IPA from widmer brothers, while this isn't really considered a top shelf beer its still really well done (also about 9$ for a 6pack by me), the taste of grapefruit peels is fantastic ! taste even better on tap. i've always been a fan of the rotator series http://beeradvocate.com/beer/profile/8/60507

i can definitely see this beer being awesome, peaches are gooooooood :D

27. SFACRKnight

SFACRKnight Advocate (595) Colorado Jan 20, 2012

Could be worse, could be woodcut prices.....

denver10 likes this.
  28. penniwisdom

penniwisdom Initiate (0) California Sep 10, 2010

Who says its definitely going to be $15? I can see this retailing around $8-10.

Sounds like it could be amazing. Will they execute? We'll see.

buffs9 likes this.
  29. Kopfschuss

I thought I may have been wrong. It was indeed 2011. I brought a 2009 Piraat in addition that was also not that good :(

BrettHead likes this.
  30. whiskey

whiskey Savant (350) California Feb 25, 2012

I think Myrecenary is way under-hyped. It's as good as Pliny all day long...IMHO.

31. Ricelikesbeer

Ricelikesbeer Savant (350) Colorado Nov 29, 2006

Sounds like it will be a huge hit or a huge miss. I like the idea but it might be hard to pull off. I love most Odell's stuff but really wasn't impressed with Lugene recently. I thought it was bland and the milk sugar took away from the overall experience for me.

32. Ricelikesbeer

I think Mountain Standard is equally as good! I think both of them should get all the buzz that Heady, Pliny, and some of the other ones get. Not to mention Odell IPa

creepinjeeper likes this.
  33. Gatch

Gatch Savant (450) Massachusetts Nov 29, 2006

I'd say St. Lupulin is very under-hyped, as well. Nearly everything Odell makes is fantastic. I lived in Arizona from 2005-2012 and the brewery I miss most far and above any other is Odell because of their quality, consistency, and range of offerings. Actually, Deschutes is up there, too. But that's expected. I even stopped by their brewery in Ft. Collins, just down the street from New Belgium, as I was driving back to MA but arrived just as they were closing. Really cool facility and town that I would love to visit again to experience in full.

denver10 likes this.
  34. I think the story is that Colorado grows peaches! Who knew.

Beerontwowheels and Gatch like this.
  35. Ricelikesbeer

Yeah it's nice being spoiled in Colorado. I wasn't very impressed with the Odell tour and experience when I was there, but I really enjoy all of their beer. Ft. Collins is turning out some great breweries, including funkwerks, which I really love now, and they did excellent at this years' gabf.

36. FATC1TY

FATC1TY Moderator (655) Georgia Feb 12, 2012 Staff Member

Sounds pretty good, not sure if we get ODell in GA.. I think we do...

37. Geuzedad

Geuzedad Savant (485) Arizona Nov 14, 2010

Meh? OMG This is one of the better brewers out there. Their hops offerings are tier 1 stuff. They go out there creating over the top outside the box offerings and all you can say is meh? Wow brother you need to get the old palate checked...Of course you say you hve not tried much. So grab a six of Myrcenary Double IPA if you like IPAs or try the Lugene Stout if darker is your thing. Or try the Woodcut series or their Footprint or Meddler or the Friek to get a good idea of how they step outside the normal boundaries. These guys are awesome IMO.

38. Kopfschuss

I had a Myrcenary and I think I must have had an old bottle because it was quite malty. I picked these beers up while on a road trip through Arizona. I think the Myrcenary I had was from BevMo, so who know's how old it may have been. If there is an offer for sending a bottle shoot me a BM ;)