1. Don't miss our 7th annual American Craft Beer Fest featuring 640+ beers from 140+ brewers this May 30 & 31 in Boston, MA! Buy your tickets now!
  2. BeerAdvocate on your phone?! True story. Try the beta now.

New Odell Cellar Series Peach IIPA

Discussion in 'Beer Releases' started by buffs9, Feb 19, 2013.

1. ImJ2x

ImJ2x Member

I lived in Littleton and Highlands Ranch for 23 years (and all my family still lives there), so i REALLY wanna like CO beer. But, unfortunately, their IPAs are "meh" at best. Ska is very over-rated. Odell's base IPA is equally underwhelming. Myrcenary is serviceable, but NOT amazing. (The only CO beer that impresses me is Dry Dock DIPA.) I will definitely try this peach thingy, but my pessimism is nearly insurmountable...
  2. smutty33

smutty33 Member

This sounds delicious.

I have to put up an ISO for some Odell's.Pronto.
    Just seems like you can't go wrong w/this brewery.

Cheers All......
  3. antlerwrestler19

antlerwrestler19 Member

Let me know, I'll hook it up.
    smutty33 likes this.
  4. Moose90

Moose90 Member

SMH, you are either taking CO IPA's for granted or are not a big west coast IPA fan. I feel seriously spoiled with most of Colorado's IPA's, it is nice living here, so much variety.

Just curious, what are some of your favorite IPA's?
  5. Moose90

Moose90 Member

It's all very accessible, BM me if you wanna deal.
    smutty33 likes this.
  6. hardy008

hardy008 Member

I can't wait to try this. Odell makes some of my favorite beers, especially their IPAs and IIPAs.
  7. kvgomps

kvgomps Member

They are a fantastic brewery. However, the Woodcuts, Footprint, Friek and Meddler are nothing special. Different, but not something I'd buy twice - especially at their ridiculous price points. Everything they make in 4/6 packs is above average to stellar though. I wouldn't be surprised if this new brew sells for $12+. If you could take the mass distribution beers from Odell and combine them with the specialty bombers from Deschutes, you'd have the perfect brewery.
  8. HopsMatt

HopsMatt Member

They distribute to the St Louis are, correct? I may have to drive there just to get some of this. (Unless someone wants to work out a trade once it comes out.)
  9. SFACRKnight

SFACRKnight Member

So has there been any release date for this?
  10. Bitterbill

Bitterbill Member

Early April is what I've read.
  11. rawfish

rawfish Member

Odell Brewing website has the release party dated April 6th.
  12. kpanter

kpanter Member

I'd love to trade some Cigar City or other FL brews for this. BM me if you have access to Odell, definitely want to try this Peach IIPA. Cheers!
  13. ImJ2x

ImJ2x Member

Well, here's my Top 5:
    1. Stone Ruination 10th Anniversary
    2. Alpine Bad Boy
    3. Kern Citra
    4. Alpine Nelson
    5. Stone EnjoyBy

So, I obviously love west coast IPAs. I simply don't think CO makes any. (Other than Dry Dock DIPA, which IS delicious.)
    BTW, probably the most popular CO IPA is Maharaja- a beer I detest. It's not "west coast" in any way. It's way too sweet/syrupy/icky. It could be a DFH...
  14. SalukiAlum

SalukiAlum Member

#1 Odell IPA #2 Dry Dock DIPA #3 Myrcenary #4 Maharaja #5 Renegade Elevation or Ryetous #6 Oskar Blues G'Knight or Deviant #7 New Belgium Super IPA to name a few. Looking forward to the Tree Shaker! Plenty of good IPA options in Colorado.
    whiskey and denver10 like this.
  15. denver10

denver10 Member

As long as Colorado has Odell's IPA, I am pretty much set on that front.

Looking super forward to trying this Tree Shaker but still haven't come to terms with the idea that a IIPA is going to cost $13-$15 dollars for a bottle. I still see tons of Pond Hoppers on the local shelves, so I assume I am not the only who won't pay those prices for a (II)Pale Ale. Going to stick with Tree Shaker on tap unless it blows me away and I have to have a bottle to accompany me while watching some Rockies baseball.
  16. CaseyB23

CaseyB23 Member

"I could eat a peach for hours."