1. The wait is over! Download the BeerAdvocate app on iTunes or Google Play now.
  2. Get 12 issues / year of BeerAdvocate magazine for only $9.99!

New Orleans Bottle Share

Discussion in 'US - South' started by Beerbuddha, Jul 12, 2012.

1. Beerbuddha

Beerbuddha Savant (420) Louisiana Feb 17, 2007

Anybody interested in another get together over some awesome brews? I will post this on FB and Twitter as well to see if I can get more response.
    joeleaux likes this.
  2. BRoss242

BRoss242 Savant (305) Louisiana Mar 13, 2005

If you plan on having the tasting mid September, or anytime after that me and Jo would love to get together for a New Orleans tasting. We will be moving back to the city at the beginning of September, and love going to tastings and sharing beers.
    avenuepub likes this.
  3. I'd love to do this. I've got some cool stuff to bring as well.
  4. LSUPT

LSUPT Initiate (0) California Feb 3, 2011

Moving to San Diego at the end of the month, and I have too many beers and not enough space. So, if it's before then I would definitely be interested.
  5. jstassi

jstassi Aficionado (105) Louisiana Dec 18, 2008

I'm down!
  6. nolabrew

nolabrew Aficionado (160) Louisiana Apr 20, 2010

I'm in but I don't have anything too interesting, unless you count the homebrew.
  7. Beerbuddha

Homebrew is always interesting. And it looks like we secured a location with NOLA Brewing. We just need to figure out a date.
  8. avenuepub

avenuepub Savant (295) Louisiana Apr 23, 2009

Wait! You are moving back! Hip hip hooray!
  9. Moved back to New Orleans in June. I'm down for whenever.
    Beerbuddha likes this.
  10. I'm down. Many beers and homebrews have been acquired/brewed in the last 6 months.
    Beerbuddha likes this.
  11. Just got back from great lakes brewery tour. Loaded fridge/closet/cabinet/living room. This needs to happen soon! (sorry billy, you know we will have a few together regardless) my wife is going apeshit and I can't drink them fast enough! My vote is before lsupt leaves! Vasu should be back in the game soon enough as well. ( so he said, for a little while)
  12. Any updates on possible dates?
  13. vasu

vasu Aficionado (140) Louisiana Oct 8, 2003

Just to get the dates discussion going, how does the weekend of September 7/8/9 sound?

I out of commission this month, and am booked up all weekends in august, although august 4/5 *might* work
  14. Sept 6-9 is emerald coast beer festival, myself and a few other local BAs will be in fla that weekend. The aug date would work for me though. As a side note- some of us (tweidman/lsupt/and a few others) will be having a tasting tonight at my house if anyone is interested...
  15. Bueller..... Bueller.... Bueller..... Bueller .....
  16. Beerbuddha

Okay how about we do it Sept 15th? If this is okay I will talk with NOLA Brewing.
    lionoa7x likes this.
  17. BRoss242

Sounds good with me, I'll make sure I save some good beers to bring.
  18. nolabrew

nolabrew Aficionado (160) Louisiana Apr 20, 2010

I'll bring some home brew. FOR SCIENCE!
    Beerbuddha likes this.
  19. I'm in for the 15th.
  20. Beerbuddha

I spoke to Buck and he said Sept 15th is fine. Is a 630pm start time okay?
  21. Beerbuddha

I'm announcing it on FB for those people who don't come to BA very much. I am not sure about announcing the location on there though. I kind of want to keep out the riff raff who just want free beer out of the event. Maybe do a password kind of like a speakeasy. Am I being an ass here?
  22. avenuepub

Don't know the password idea will work if you post it publically. What about asking people to say what they are brining in advance?
    Beerbuddha likes this.
  23. Beerbuddha

Yeah I just want something in place. We have too many instances where people just bring nothing and that isn't fair to the rest of us.
  24. Just be coy about it. Announce when, but don't say where. Maybe say for more details go to BeerAdvocate dot com. If they're in the know, they'll know how to find out, or they should know someone who knows. We can make it like one of those secret New York clubs with no signs and an entrance in a back alley.
    Beerbuddha likes this.
  25. avenuepub

Depending on how determined you are you could put a volunteer at the door who wristbands those who come in with beer. You could allow a pass for food too for those that don't have a cellar if you wanted to.
    Beerbuddha likes this.
  26. So.... What ya bringing?

I've got some

Pineapple cilantro ipa (tweidman and I are brewing tomorrow)
    Weird Saison and Brett blend dry hopped and possibly oaked (if I get around to it)
    Bruery stouts/sours
    Jester king stuff (thanks ken)
  27. Beerbuddha

I have some Hardywood stuff and Jester King as well.
  28. I was thinking about bringing a bottle of Life and Limb 2 that I've had in my cellar for about a year now. Also have some Surly stuff.
  29. I may be able to make it.
  30. I'll bring some Sierra Nevada Oatmeal Stouts from Beer Camp and some Good People cans.
  31. BRoss242

I'll be bringing:
    Foothills Jade IPA Growler
    NoDA NoDajito Growler
    Green Man Porter Growler
    Cigar City various bottles
    Olde Hickory various bottles
    Dogfish Head various bottles
    Foothills '11 Sexual Chocolate
    New Belgium Tart Lychee
    New Belgium La Folie
    homebrewed Sour Sop Berliner Weisse
    homebrewed Citra Amber Ale
    Maybe a couple other bottle depending on what I get before I head down that way.
    LSUPT and ZethOfTheNorth like this.
  32. Beerbuddha

Would everyone be okay with a possible date switch to Sept 22nd? If not thats fine. I would still have to run it by NOLA Brewing anyways.
  33. BRoss242

Either date would be good with us.
  34. Either date is fine with me
  35. Might I tag along?
  36. Beerbuddha

Anyone can tag along. Especially if they are BA members. We also need to discuss food options. We MAY have some people willing to cook but I don't want them doing it for free. Would people be willing to pay an entrance fee? Discuss.
  37. Beerbuddha

Okay NOLA Brewing is actually happier with the 22nd than the 15th so let's make it official. Date changes to September 22nd.
  38. BRoss242

I might be able to talk JoEllen into making her famous "among tasting's we have brought it to" Bourbon Bacon Sweet Potato Cheese Cake and candied bacon. If anyone would be interested in something like that.
    avenuepub and Beerbuddha like this.