1. Extreme Beer Fest. March 20 & 21, 2015 in Boston, Mass. Join us!
  2. The wait is over! Download the BeerAdvocate app on iTunes or Google Play now.
  3. Get 12 issues / year of BeerAdvocate magazine for only $9.99!

New Orleans Bottle Share

Discussion in 'US - South' started by Beerbuddha, Jul 12, 2012.

1. Beerbuddha

Beerbuddha Savant (445) Louisiana Feb 17, 2007

The J'anitas crew had shown interest in cooking but I don't want them to not make any money. We COULD do a potluck style maybe

2. You definitely don't want me trying to cook something... But, I would be down for contributing for compensation for those that would. If there is a catering company that does cheese, breads, fruits, fingerfoods, ect., I'd also be down for contributing to that.

PS: What time of day would this be happening?

3. 22nd is good with me....that bacon concoction looks awesome, too

I'm also down to pay for or contribute food.

4. Beerbuddha

Awesome. Okay so we have a date of September 22nd start time at 6pm. NOLA Brewing.

5. Beerbuddha

It appears that we may have some BBQ food truck style peeps out there. Would people feel comfortable paying an "entrance" fee to get in which would go straight to pay for the food? Any other ideas?

6. sounds fine with me

7. nolabrew

nolabrew Aficionado (160) Louisiana Apr 20, 2010

BBQ and good beer with fellow beer geeks? Who would be willing to pay for that?

(I am)

8. Beerbuddha

Okay so I spoke with NOLA Brewing today and we decided to do a taco truck style food option where you pay them for your food. That way there is no charge to get in other than your beer. This will also help us avoid legal issues as well. Sounds like NOLA Smokehouse is on board for sure. I will need to get a list going of who is coming and the beers you are bringing. If you are on Facebook you can sign up here: https://www.facebook.com/events/149759101828466/ Please let us know the beers you will bringing as well as any guests. We may need to put a cap on the amount of people that are coming.

9. i will be there. bring beers i already posted. maybe some jackie o's stuff too. so count me in (no facebook for me though)
    i like the idea of just paying for food and making beer the only required entrance fee. (some people might not want to eat) i know of three other people who are ba's but never log on who should be coming (dave/ken/matt) ill try to find out what they are bringing.
    are there any MS folks coming? (ken? jason?) i will give them a call and make sure they are informed of details. i know they usually try to be there.

10. Beerbuddha

Jason knows about it and Ken is not on FB. If you wouldn't mind getting in touch with them and then posting back on here their names I will write them on the list. I will also create an event on here if I can still do that.

11. wyatt

wyatt Savant (290) Louisiana Nov 18, 2009

If I can get off work I'll come to this for sure. I have a few different things I could bring.

12. animal69

animal69 Advocate (590) Louisiana Sep 21, 2007

U know i'm there, got rogue john john ale so far, don know how rare it is but 1st time i seen it at aquistipaces the other day, btw u should enter this as an "event" here on ba, la needs more of em !

13. Beerbuddha

Yeah I will add it.

14. So for those of us not on Facebook...

What ya bringing?

15. Beerbuddha

I created an Event Schedule here on BA so as soon as it is approved I will put the link.

16. nolabrew

I'm bringing:

SCIENCE! - The barley wine
    Drop the Beet - Beet and raisin Belgian
    Unnamed Traditional Bavarian Weizen
    Unnamed Traditional Bavarian American Wheat beer
    Maybe some other stuff, I'll see what I have lying around

Beerbuddha likes this.
  17. Beerbuddha

18. BRoss242

BRoss242 Savant (305) Louisiana Mar 13, 2005

I'll be bringing some NC goodies:
    Foothill's 2011 Sexual Chocolate
    Foothill's Jade IPA growler
    Foothill's BA Peoples Porter
    NoDa CocoLoco growler
    NoDa Triumphant Trippel
    Mother Earth Silent Night
    Olde Hickory Saison Gee
    Founder's Frangelic Mountain Brown
    New Glarus Raspberry Tart
    Cigar City Bohr
    Cigar City Dirac
    Cigar City Hunahpu's
    Homebrewed Hunahpu's clone Tsar Pedro
    Homebrew Papaya- Passionfruit Mead

I'm interested in seeing what other's on here are bringing.

19. I'll be bringing, for sure, these:

homebrewed Pineapple Cilantro IPA
    homebrewed Watermelon Blonde
    homebrewed Prima Pils clone

I still have to sort out the commercial beers I will bring, and I may have some more homebrew lying around that I can bring.

Beerbuddha likes this.
  20. Beerbuddha

Okay it looks like no food options. Eat before you come or hit Avenue Pub after! Probably around 30-40 people total.

21. nolabrew

I'll bring some NOLA Blonde!

wyatt likes this.
  22. wyatt

wyatt Savant (290) Louisiana Nov 18, 2009

Oh man this is during the LSU game. I might come by at half time. I have a few Bruery RS offerings.

23. nolabrew

From what I remember and the pictures I took, this was awesome. Thanks for setting this up and thanks to everyone for being so generous with their beer!

24. joeleaux

joeleaux Disciple (50) Louisiana Sep 26, 2012

How did it go?

25. +1. Naw'lins?

joeleaux likes this.
  26. deliciously... T25, white choc, and foothills jade were my favs. though the end of the night went a little rough