New Orleans from Colorado

Discussion in 'South' started by nolimitnsb, Jan 16, 2013.

1. I'm headed to New Orleans next month for a trip with my wife to celebrate our anniversary. While I'm there I'm hoping to find some good beer I can't get back home in Colorado. Any tips on bottle shops/liquor stores/etc that some of you New Orleans BAs wouldn't mind sharing?

Also I may have the ability to bring some Colorado stuff out to New Orleans for an in-person trade. My availability to meet up might be hard but I'm willing to give it a try. If there's something I get in Colorado that you'd like send me a message and we'll see if we can work it out.

Cheers and thanks for the help!

2. Everybody's gonna say the same thing: Stein's.

His website has a generally accurate stock list. Given our terrible distribution, don't expect much in the way of novel American stuff. St. Arnold Endeavour and NOLA Hopitoulas are worth a go, and he's got plenty of Jolly Pumpkin and some Anchorage.

The Belgian situation is quite good. Tilquin, Drie Fonteinen, several De Ranke varieties...

Finally, definitely don't miss the Avenue Pub. Happy anniversary and enjoy New Orleans.

3. Thanks Zeth! I'm not expecting Wales to fall from the sky...just highly regarded/rated stuff I can't get in Colorado. As far as what I can bring out for an in-person trade I've got these currently available (and might get others before I take the trip):

-RR sours (Temptation, Supplication, Consecration, maybe a Sanctification)
    -Pliny (if it gets released here before I come out which it likely will)
    -FW16
    -Bligh's
    -Avery Odio Equum
    -Founders Breakfast Stout
    -'12 Eclipses (Evan Williams and EC12 but can get other variations)
    -Cantillon Classic Geuze
    -BB Angel's Share
    -Ghost Face Killah (might have that there in LA)
    -Crooked Stave L'Brett D'or
    -Crooked Stave Nightmare on Brett
    -'12 Abyss
    -Stone Collab Mint Chocolate (might have this one too)
    -Any local stuff (Avery, Odells, Left Hand, Oskar Blues, Dry Dock, Great Divide, CS, etc.)

Shoot me a message if you're interested in an in-person trade for some of the things listed above.

4. It's inevitable that you'll end up on Decatur street to check out Jackson Square and the French Market, while there stop by Sidney's Liquor to grab a single of craft beer to go. They'll pour it in a red solo cup for you or you can brown bag while strolling through the area. Paying $2 to $3 for a nice craft beer makes a lot more sense than paying $5 - $8 for a draft Bud light poured through lines that haven't been cleaned since Archie Manning was QB for the Saints.

Next door to Sidney's is a deli that is well known for being the "Home of the Muffuletta".

Casedogg43 likes this.
  5. Thanks Slatetupelo. I'll have to check it out.