New Sports Bar Williston Vermont

Discussion in 'New England' started by youbrewidrink, Nov 11, 2012.

1. youbrewidrink

youbrewidrink Advocate (720) Vermont Apr 9, 2009 Verified

McGillicudy's in Maple Tree Place.

I went for the first time last night, 28 draft lines with plenty of local & regional craft brews. Burger was good and all the big college games were on. The atmosphere was strip mall, excellent service.

We will return, especially on Sunday after 5 for 1/2 price burgers.

2. skivtjerry

skivtjerry Advocate (585) Vermont Mar 10, 2006

Any relation to McGillicuddy's in Montpelier? If not, I foreseee lawyers circling.

3. jamesewelch

jamesewelch Savant (365) Vermont May 11, 2012

4. franklinn

franklinn Savant (440) Vermont May 29, 2012

I accidentally ended up there for lunch the first or second weekend they were open. Pretty decent place, tap list was pretty good, food was decent, service was good for a place that literally JUST opened. I'm not rushing out to Williston to visit again, but I'll definitely drop in the next time I'm looking for food in that area.

5. Brad007

Brad007 Advocate (680) Vermont Mar 28, 2007 Verified

I generally consider Williston to be a retail cesspool but if the tap list and food are excellent, then it definitely will be considered in the near future.

6. celfan

celfan Advocate (560) Vermont Jul 4, 2004

you realize you live in South Burlington, right?

7. skivtjerry

No need to rub it in. And there are worse places to be... besides, SB has Cheese Traders.

iwantmorehops and franklinn like this.
  8. skivtjerry

Williston is a bit schizophrenic; the east half of town is mostly semi-rural and nice. Not sure how long it will stay that way...

9. celfan

celfan Advocate (560) Vermont Jul 4, 2004

really, except for the half mile or so between the highway and rt 2, it's pretty rural

10. Flashy

Flashy Advocate (665) Vermont Oct 22, 2003 Verified

Vermont has a retail cesspool?