1. Get 12 issues / year of BeerAdvocate magazine for only $9.99!
  2. The wait is over! Download the BeerAdvocate app on iTunes or Google Play now.

New stuff from West Sixth

Discussion in 'US - South' started by KYGunner, Jan 26, 2013.

1. KYGunner

KYGunner Savant (490) Kentucky Sep 16, 2012

I went to LB to find Hopslam, yes I got a six, and Joe from West Sixth was handing out samples. He actually recognized me from a tour, which was cool, and told me that they had a stout coming to the Taproom on Thursday. I believe it's the one they had before but I missed.

He also said that at halftime of the Super Bowl they are going to tap an Imperial stout that has been aging in a 20 year old bourbon barrel. He said the ABV was 13 percent. I'm hoping to be there for that!

BEERchitect likes this.
  2. drfabulous

drfabulous Savant (260) Kentucky Jul 23, 2005

I saw that on Facebook. Unfortunately, I won't be able to make it that night. I'm hoping enough will last a few days. They have the Triple on right now and Thursday for the firkin had the Amber with dates and figs. I liked it better than the regular Amber.

3. The Snake Eyes stout is probably the best beer I've had from them, and frankly, I'd pit it against some of the more viscous stouts out there (assuming it comes out the same this time). The BBA version should be incredible and I'm excited to try it because the stuff I've had from them lately has really left me wanting (Transy Tripel primarily).

4. drfabulous

drfabulous Savant (260) Kentucky Jul 23, 2005

Agreed on Snake Eyes. I also liked the Double a great deal.