1. Extreme Beer Fest. March 20 & 21, 2015 in Boston, Mass. Join us!
  2. The wait is over! Download the BeerAdvocate app on iTunes or Google Play now.
  3. Get 12 issues / year of BeerAdvocate magazine for only $9.99!

New Year's Craft Conversions

Discussion in 'Beer Talk' started by Bugs318, Jan 1, 2013.

1. What did you turn a non-craft drinker onto this new year's? Myself, I got a few standard BMC lager drinkers into St. Bernardus Abt 12 (aged a year). One asked me to pick him up some of that and a few other surprises for him to try! Any luck for anyone else?

2. Robtobfest

Robtobfest Savant (360) Connecticut Oct 21, 2009

My best friend since kindergarten ontp founders centenial and breakfast stout.

3. Dennoman

Dennoman Advocate (505) Belgium Aug 20, 2011

No real conversions here, but I cracked some nice bottles for my buddy who's open for all kinds of beer.

4. theCoder

theCoder Savant (330) Minnesota Oct 24, 2011

Proved Surly isn't the only brewery in the area and many of them make better beer. Also onto Sours (same guy), then broke him with a list of craft beers he should hunt down...that week he visited 20 different liquor stores and spent over $300 on something like 2 Abyss, 8 BCBS, 1 BCBCS, Westy 6 pack, 2009 Plead the 5th, KBS, Commander, Various Stone releases, 8 Backwoods Bastards, at least 8 Abrasive, Darkness, Pumpking oh and so many more. I was so happy and sad for his every paycheck now because I knew what I had done.

Schwantz and mcrago like this.
  5. Schwantz

Schwantz Savant (390) Florida Dec 16, 2012

Took my dog in 5 pm New Year's Eve for an emergency surgery on his paw (cut chasing geese through the bushes) my vet (thank you Michael) met me at his office and spent 2 hrs taking care of my pup. I had a couple of BCBCS and Abyss in the car for a party I blew off ...gave him one of each. He called today giddy from the goodies! Happy New Year.