1. The wait is over! Download the BeerAdvocate app on iTunes or Google Play now.
  2. Get 12 issues / year of BeerAdvocate magazine for only $9.99!

Next Jackie O's release

Discussion in 'US - Great Lakes' started by vrbulldog22, Nov 14, 2012.

1. vrbulldog22

vrbulldog22 Savant (395) Ohio Sep 5, 2010

Haven't seen a post about this yet,
    Saturday 12/15
    40 drafts
    7 bottles:
    BB Brick Kiln,
    RB Brick Kiln,
    RB Oil of Aphrodite,
    BB Skipping Stone,
    BB Dark Appirition,
    Thorogood,
    Oakey Golden Pucker (46 month aged sour!)

So excited my time off was approved!
    gpawned, MarkIntihar and MarcatGSB like this.
  2. MarcatGSB

MarcatGSB Initiate (0) Michigan Jan 8, 2011

Looks like this Yooper will be making his first stop at Jackie O's. Have been wanting to make the trip for a few years now, and I will be in the LP for 4 Elf the prior week, might as well stick around for this shin dig with you Ohio kids.
    MarkIntihar likes this.
  3. tat2dhllblly

tat2dhllblly Savant (350) Ohio Apr 10, 2010

Going to be hitting 4Elf myself then Jackie O's........ gonna be a Merry Frickin Christmas for sure!
  4. MarkIntihar

MarkIntihar Initiate (0) Michigan Mar 17, 2010

I had to choose between 4Elf and Jackie O's or Winter Solstice and Jackie O's... Winter Solstice won. Either way, 'twas bound to be a broke Christmas. Hopefully my family will appreciate the beer stocking stuffers...
    cosmicevan, gpawned and eyeenjoybeer like this.
  5. I think I am going for the trifecta. So I guess I will see you sooner than later.
    gpawned and MarkIntihar like this.
  6. MarcatGSB

MarcatGSB Initiate (0) Michigan Jan 8, 2011

Seeing how I've yet to attend these Jackie O's events, how do the tap beers usually go over? Do they have the stuff they are selling in bottles usually on tap? I think I can afford the party, but can't afford to walk away with $100 worth of bottles again.
  7. MarkIntihar

Yes, they typically have everything on tap that they are offering in bottles. Last release there was an exception as Brad decided to bottle all of the Dynamo Hum so that he could make the limit 2 bottles instead of 1, but other than that they have always offered the stuff in bottles on tap. Honestly, the tap list alone is practically worth the trip, even from the UP ;)
    gpawned and eyeenjoybeer like this.
  8. jampics2

jampics2 Advocate (685) Ohio Dec 19, 2008

Hotel booked, can't wait!!
    dtx00, RyanMcFly1985 and MarkIntihar like this.
  9. gpawned

gpawned Initiate (0) Illinois Jun 5, 2012

Look forward to seeing you all there! I'll be happy to organize a bottle share again if anyone is interested. The last one went swimmingly.
    eyeenjoybeer likes this.
  10. pest

pest Savant (365) Ohio Sep 2, 2007

Sad that this will be the first release I missed in the last couple years. Have fun guys and be safe driving back home. Any one know if brad allows proxies for staff bottles?
  11. MarkIntihar

Yes, you have to reply to the email that was sent for the bottles with who is going to proxy for you. I would offer, but I'm already trusteeing for at least three people, and possibly up to six.
  12. pest

pest Savant (365) Ohio Sep 2, 2007

No worries I've got buddies heading down for the party. I'm going to go down and grab my 3 staff bottles when they are ready, it's just the pappy skipping stone that I won't be able to pick up. I'll just talk to brad when I get down there (or email if he isn't there).
  13. NABS

NABS Aficionado (185) Ohio May 11, 2011

I just blocked Friday and Saturday off from work that weekend, so now it's just booking a room. I'm going to try to use some miles, so where should I look that's near Jackie O's. I know it's been answered in a million threads before, but if you happen to be one of the rare folks that wouldn't mind taking a few seconds out of your life to just list the few places near, from your experience, I'd GREATLY appreciate it as I'd like to book tonight/soon.

(As the couple quick searches I tried proved fruitless. I know I just didn't use the right terms, but I bet there'll be at least one person that can post the hotels without a "look it up, noob douche!" post. ;) )
  14. RyanMcFly1985

RyanMcFly1985 Aficionado (235) Ohio Oct 20, 2007

The Baymont has always been my go-to place. A 20-25 minute walk or a cheap cab ride. Very well-priced too! Cheers and see you there!
    MarkIntihar, vrbulldog22 and NABS like this.
  15. NABS

Thanks muchly! I'll start looking in to that one.

(Is it the Baymont Athens or Baymont Logan?)
  16. howopeeps

howopeeps Aficionado (175) Ohio Mar 7, 2011

Athens.
    MarkIntihar and NABS like this.
  17. Keffa

Keffa Savant (475) Ohio Jan 8, 2009

Hoping to make this.
  18. miketd

miketd Savant (485) Ohio Mar 2, 2006

The last few times I have stayed at the Super 8. It's a little farther than Baymont, but it's cheaper and clean. Plus, every time there, the room has had a fridge.
  19. Envelopes

Envelopes Initiate (0) Ohio Aug 26, 2012

Based on past events, how early should I plan on arriving at the bar on Friday? Do people line up for the (assuming like last) 5pm ticket handout? Or could I just show up at 5 and plan on getting a decent spot in line?
  20. Urbancaver

Urbancaver Advocate (520) Ohio Nov 13, 2009

No one will be lined up at 5... In fact, arrive by 10am Saturday and you should be fine :)
    Unless you want to be first in line... In which case you should arrive Thursday

But seriously. No need to fret over getting in line early
  21. Jparkanzky

Jparkanzky Initiate (0) Ohio Apr 5, 2011

Or cheap limo ride.....
    crxy49 likes this.
  22. beace

beace Savant (300) Ohio Jan 18, 2007

Gotta love those vintage limo rides.
    crxy49, MarkIntihar and RyanMcFly1985 like this.
  23. Envelopes

Thanks but I thought I had read though that you need to be there Friday night when they pass out tickets that determines your spot in line Saturday?
  24. beace

When the bar closes at 2am, there is a 3 hour period when tickets are not available. They are then available outside the door at 5am on Saturday. You can get tickets (calendar pages) all night long friday at the bar on the brewpub side.
  25. ColdPoncho

ColdPoncho Savant (455) Ohio Jan 9, 2009

They hand out tickets basically up until the bottle sale begins. You could probably get one during the sale, even. If you get there Friday night, you'll just be able to buy bottles sooner, but every release I've been to (maybe 5?), they have never run out of full allotments by the time they have gone through all the tickets (calendar pages)
  26. radio2525

radio2525 Savant (255) Ohio Feb 14, 2012

That were i will be at as well
  27. RyanMcFly1985

RyanMcFly1985 Aficionado (235) Ohio Oct 20, 2007

How could I ever forget?!?!
  28. InebriatedJoker

InebriatedJoker Champion (800) Ohio Sep 16, 2010

I'm booked at The Hampton Inn , Can't wait !!
  29. NABS

Because of rewards points and stuff, I'm actually looking at the Holiday Inn Express. Is that too far out of the way?
  30. That is actually fairly close - a 25-30 minute walk or a short ride.
  31. beace

Rides are 8 bucks, FYI
  32. Envelopes

Thanks Beace & Coldponcho! I'll probably try to just show up Saturday morning and save myself the hotel costs so I can spend more on beer!
  33. NABS

I'm guessing my mid-December, this will be very pertinent information/an necessary and attractive option.
  34. Corbet

Corbet Savant (330) Michigan Nov 7, 2010

Really disappointed I can't make this, if anybody wants to trade me some Jackie O's for Dark Horse Bourbon Barrel Plead the 5th (or some of their other beers being released at the 4Elf Party) or some beers from the Kuhnhenn Winter Solstice (BB4D), PM me.
  35. Looks like I'll be piling in with the rest of you guys. The first of what I hope will be many more Jackie O's releases!
    MarkIntihar and gpawned like this.
  36. NABS

Just found out an event I had committed to prior will happen on THAT weekend. Isn't that just perfect? So, looking like I'll have to hope for another release at Jackie O's. But thanks all for the info/recommendations... I'll keep that in mind for next time.
  37. radio2525

radio2525 Savant (255) Ohio Feb 14, 2012

That sucks will miss you
  38. NABS

^ Thanks. I've been talking about it for a while now. One of these times...
  39. joshrosborne

joshrosborne Savant (290) Michigan Jun 14, 2010

I'll be there, rolling with the rest of the Cincinnati folks. I probably won't be buying many bottles, so if anyone can't make it, let me know.
  40. Unfortunately I won't make it to the release, but really looking forward to stopping in for my STAFF bottles after Christmas
    Really bummed about missing these (and the others, but these 2 sting the most):
    RB Oil of Aphrodite,
    Oakey Golden Pucker (46 month aged sour!)