1. The wait is over! Download the BeerAdvocate app on iTunes or Google Play now.
  2. Get 12 issues / year of BeerAdvocate magazine for only $9.99!

Next Jackie O's release

Discussion in 'US - Great Lakes' started by vrbulldog22, Nov 14, 2012.

1. JStax

JStax Disciple (70) Ohio Aug 29, 2010

I think beace is taking it from here. Just waiting on the details now. Hopefully we can do the same thing as last time.
  2. beace

beace Savant (300) Ohio Jan 18, 2007

It is set for Bagel St. Deli. Friday December 13th 8 till 11pm
    NABS and JStax like this.
  3. beace

Mandala Simcoe through a randall of whole leaf simcoe is confirmed for draft Friday/ Saturday
    NABS, normyk, BorisKarloff and 3 others like this.
  4. NABS

NABS Aficionado (185) Ohio May 11, 2011

Brad,

Sorry to bother, but I was wondering if you guys got those bostons for the release. I have a feeling I'll be bringing home more than just the bottles from this release.

Super excited about the Mandala Simcoe through the randall of more Simcoe. Cannot wait for this event!
  5. beace

Bostons are ordered and are scheduled to arrive before the release. Draft list coming at the end of the week! Lots of Imperial Stouts, DIPAs, sours, and some other solid brews to round out the 40 beer tap list.
    NABS, BorisKarloff, normyk and 2 others like this.
  6. tat2dhllblly

tat2dhllblly Savant (350) Ohio Apr 10, 2010

Sorry brother. I will save you some for sure, to many beer events and not enough time.
    CoopBen and crxy49 like this.
  7. BorisKarloff

BorisKarloff Savant (315) Ohio Apr 29, 2013

Pardon my ignorance, but what's a "boston?"
    Stigs likes this.
  8. beace

32oz growler
    BorisKarloff and Stigs like this.
  9. NABS

Awesome! Thanks for the speedy reply, Brad.

Can't wait to see the final taplist!
  10. beace

11. zbodnar1

zbodnar1 Savant (345) West Virginia Sep 30, 2013

Brad, awesome list! Really pumped for this event! Appreciate the heads up on what will be on tap and for growler fills. Now I just have to figure out how many growlers to bring.....
  12. pinatax

pinatax Aspirant (40) Illinois Sep 10, 2013

Looking to do an in person trade at the release party. ISO Oaky Golden Pucker FT FFF's Baller Stout or I have DL's 2011 and 2112 some older Jackie O's releases. If interested please let me know if we can work something out.
  13. NABS

So as not to be sacrilegious, I'll just say "I read that tap list and I wept."
    zbodnar1 likes this.
  14. scubastza

scubastza Disciple (70) Ohio Sep 10, 2013

Been lurking this thread for a month or two and I have a few questions... Myself and 4-5 buddies are traveling down early on Saturday for the party. Is there any sort of bottle trade going on? Also wondering if flights or smaller pours will be offered. 42 pints or 10oz pours is gonna make for a tough bus ride home!
  15. They always have tasters of everything. You get a sheet to write down the tasters you want as well as a full menu of the beers on draft. There are still a lot of strong beers, so you (or at least I do) have to choose somewhat carefully. The good news is that you have two days over which to sample the goods. There is no formal bottle trade, unless you set up a trade with someone. Their is a bottle release highlighted earlier in this thread. This is one of the best releases/brewery parties you will ever take part in. Enjoy!
  16. scubastza

We can't make it down Friday but we are arriving around 9am Saturday morning and plan to head to grab calendar pages for the bottle release. Really glad to hear they will have tasters. I'm still having trouble figuring out what to sample from that giant draft list. I'd love to hear some favorites from others on this thread. Aside from the canned stuff distributed in Columbus, I've only had Dynamo Hum, Dirty Water, and Barking Pumpkin. Any recommendations would be greatly appreciated. Can't wait for next weekend.
  17. scubastza

18. zbodnar1

Dude, you are the man!
  19. normyk

normyk Savant (260) Ohio Dec 10, 2007

So..... What's the word?
    I think I'm down Friday, but not sure I'm doing the bottle share.
    Who's going, when, and whatchya birnging?
    Inquiring idiots and whatnot.
  20. zbodnar1

Getting pretty excited about the release this weekend. I feel like a little kid before Christmas. Just wanted to see what everyone's thought on what the allotments might be? Here is my guess

Berliner Weisse, 22oz $14 (X3)
    Funky South Paw, 22oz $16 (X2)
    Barrel Aged Providence, 22oz $18 (X2)
    Rum Barrel Oil Of Aphrodite, 22oz $20 (X1, but hoping for X2)
    Naja, 22oz $14 (X2-3, not sure about this one)

What do you guys think?
  21. JStax

JStax Disciple (70) Ohio Aug 29, 2010

Definitely doing the bottle share. I'll get to athens around 4to get my calendar page and have dinner and beers.

For the share I'm thinking an Upland Kiwi, some Catador offerings, Blue Lobster Port Barrel Scotch Ale, probably some other items. We'll see how it goes. I look forward to seeing you guys and meeting some of you for the first time.
  22. scubastza

Won't be able to make it down for the bottle share on Friday, but I'm not opposed to setting up a trade on Saturday if anyone is interested: http://www.cellarhq.com/cellar/scubastza

Loons are off the table :)
  23. zbodnar1

If you have a Hoppin Frong BVW I would trade a beer from my Allotment (excluding Rum Oil) or buy a growler refill...
  24. scubastza

I wasn't able to make the trip to Akron for the release so the BVW has eluded me so far...
  25. normyk

I'm bringing a few bottles and only three are claimed already. I like BA barleywines and stouts.
  26. CoopBen

CoopBen Aficionado (105) Ohio May 30, 2012

Kyle and I plan on attending the bottle share and bringing some nice whales to enjoy - let's open some good stuff - bring your A game people!
    tat2dhllblly, Photekut and JStax like this.
  27. Stigs

Stigs Advocate (575) Pennsylvania Jun 3, 2005

Official tap/growler list for non-facebookers:
    [​IMG]
    Cynic-ale and MajorBuckeye like this.
  28. normyk

Finally back in Athens!
  29. BorisKarloff

Arriving in a couple hours - if you see someone wearing a T-shirt for The Black Cat say hello!
  30. scubastza

I really, really, really, really hope they still have bombers for sale tomorrow...
  31. normyk

Why ever would they not?
    They don't go on sale until 11am tomorrow.

You should be more worried about beers on draft. I aim to hurt the Brick Kiln Reserve keg as soon as the brewpub opens. And growler the hell out of bourbon coffee dark app.
  32. jisom123

jisom123 Savant (330) Indiana Aug 21, 2008

On my way! 2 hours out. Bringing a growler of bourbon barrel teddy bear kisses from upland. And I think I grabbed a 1997 Sam Adams triple bock if anyone has yet to experience the deliciousness... Pairs well with Chinese food, when poured on top of the Chinese food. Nom nom
  33. jefeld

jefeld Aficionado (185) Illinois Mar 31, 2010

ok no offense to you or to upland (i really like their sours) but i had BB teddy bear kisses at fobab, and . . . well . . . uhhhm . . . bleh.
  34. scubastza

I was under the impression that the bombers were sold to those who grabbed a calendar page. Those were up for grabs starting at 5pm tonight (Friday). I haven't seen any information about bottle counts or allotments yet. I hope I have nothing to worry about. I'd like to leave with more bombers than I can carry.
  35. RyanMcFly1985

RyanMcFly1985 Aficionado (235) Ohio Oct 20, 2007

If any STAFF members wanna swap a Bourbon coffee Oil for another Brick Kiln Reserve, let me know. Not sticking around too long after getting bottles. Gotta beat the weather.
  36. Keffa

Keffa Savant (475) Ohio Jan 8, 2009

Thank you again, Normy.

Cheers.
  37. BorisKarloff

Any STAFF members interested in trading some of their bottles? All the STAFF selections were fantastic!
  38. Great meeting a bunch of you guys! Big thanks to Art, Brad, Sean and everyone working their asses of to make this fantastic experience happen.
  39. RyanMcFly1985

RyanMcFly1985 Aficionado (235) Ohio Oct 20, 2007

Another world-class event by a world-class operation.
  40. normyk

Thank you sir!