Dismiss Notice
Subscribe to BeerAdvocate magazine and get 12 issues / year of fresh beer content delivered to your door each month.

Already subscribe? to manage your subscription.

Next Odell's Cellar Series Release

Discussion in 'Mountain' started by denver10, Jan 27, 2013.

1. denver10

denver10 Poobah (1,020) Colorado Nov 17, 2010

Anyone know what and when the next Cellar Series release will be? Seems like it these releases are every 2-3 months and with Friek having been released in Novemeber, the next one should be due soon.

2. FishPondManager

FishPondManager Advocate (520) Colorado Feb 28, 2012 Verified

denver10 likes this.
  3. denver10

Bottle art looks cool.

Look forward to trying that....sounds interesting, though not quite as exciting as some of their other Cellar Series releases.

4. Bitterbill

Bitterbill Poobah (1,345) Wyoming Sep 14, 2002 Verified

I find it pretty exciting though the bottom line will tell all. The taste.

denver10 likes this.
  5. denver10

I have not been a huge fan of fruity flavors in my stouts or porters*, but grapes will be new for me. So interested and curious but a bit of a victim of a little bias from past experiences and my taste buds (that, I guess, might not be that accurate).

*Got to admit, that Peach Porter Odell released a while back, which I never did try, does intrigue me.

6. Mebuzzard

Mebuzzard Poobah (1,100) Colorado May 19, 2005 Verified

Ska's new one has Malbec grape juice added.

7. denver10

Yeah, I saw that and the grapes are kind of why I have yet to give it a try (even when I found my local store offering singles of it).

8. kmank

kmank Aficionado (130) Colorado Aug 1, 2009

The Peach Porter was excellent. I am excited to try Amuste as well as the DFH 61 Minute to see how the grapes taste.

9. denver10

Starting to warm up to the idea of the grape component. Much more excited about this one now.

10. denver10

Anyone get a chance to try this one yet?

11. coreymcafee

coreymcafee Savant (360) Colorado May 30, 2006

Anyone have word on release timeline to Denver market?

12. SkeeterBoganski

SkeeterBoganski Advocate (665) Colorado Feb 25, 2012 Verified

This should hit most shelves at some point this week locally. Their tap room parties for new releases usually preclude distribution along the front range the weekend prior.

coreymcafee likes this.
  13. Mebuzzard

Mebuzzard Poobah (1,100) Colorado May 19, 2005 Verified

Had the Amuste yesterday. It's a big bottle and probably best to share. Of course, eff that, I drank it myself. It's an interesting beer. I think the grape juice adds some spice and smoothness, yet also diminishes the "dark" flavors. Easy drinking for 9.3%

denver10 and SkeeterBoganski like this.