1. Extreme Beer Fest. March 20 & 21, 2015 in Boston, Mass. Join us!
  2. The wait is over! Download the BeerAdvocate app on iTunes or Google Play now.
  3. Get 12 issues / year of BeerAdvocate magazine for only $9.99!

NFL BIF Hints & Hauls Yo!

Discussion in 'Beer It Forward' started by gkatsoris, Feb 6, 2013.

1. gkatsoris

gkatsoris Initiate (0) Jun 27, 2007

Well brooklynbrews & McNuts are our 2 winners.

So make sure you put your BA handle in/on the box somewhere so they can post in here.

(I can't even begin to say how thankful I am New England didn't win. Sorry WBanter :))

2. Some early hauls, thanks to george for running this, the Chiefs for being turrible, and all the participants. It's been a fun season and gave me something to root for while trying to ignore the Jets.

[​IMG]
    Libbey makes it rain Pac West style.

[​IMG]
    EHammond1 dropping the SoCal flava.

[​IMG]
    pschul and robbiemoy crushing it from the Windy City.

3. gkatsoris

God I hate Andy Ried and Mike Vick and Jeff Lurie and Howie Roseman and the white defensive end that went to Jacksonville. Eff!!!!

4. Take some deep breaths and just repeat "Chip Kelly will make it all ok".
    [​IMG]

5. [​IMG]
    Jose2412 comes through just before the storm. Enjoying a Backwoods Bastard and watching the snow fall. Thanks dude!!!

6. gkatsoris

my packages should go out this week. fyi.

7. ehammond1

ehammond1 Initiate (0) Jul 4, 2008

Super Bowl Box should land today. Enjoy!

8. gkatsoris

I can't believe you're not going to join the MLB BIF. You'd better still talk some shite tho!

9. ehammond1

ehammond1 Initiate (0) Jul 4, 2008

Where dem hauls at?

10. First haul from robbiemoy13 and pschul4 from Chitown. A couple of those were for a local buddy but awesome box! Thanks fellas!

[​IMG]

11. Two boxes today. First from Ehammond1. Right on man, love both of these!

[​IMG]

12. Another from Damngoode with one of my favorites. Thanks!

[​IMG]

13. Sweet trio of boxes. Well done gentlemen!

14. gkatsoris

Yoooooooooo Everyone,
    Just a heads up: I know I put a deadline of March 10th for everyone to ship to McNuts and brooklynbrews. And I know it has been brutally freezing for most of; and is going to continue to be. So I am changing the ship-by date to March 17th.

Thanks all.

If you ship sooner, or when you ship, please shoot me a BM (and with the tracking info if possible), so I can fill the spread sheet in.

Again..thanks!

15. Big thanks to Nick Bock, OneBeertoRTA maybe? Regardless, killer box and I thank you! Cheers!

[​IMG]

16. Another on from BrooklynBrews. Big wants, thank you sir!

[​IMG]

17. gkatsoris

For those of you who didn't know; McNuts is graciously sharing his booty. Keith picked 2 BAer's from each conference to ship there bottle(s) to me.

So a monster thanks to Keith for his generosity!!! When he posted in the BM, I actually blushed hahah. Seriously, thanks Keith. You honestly didn't have to do this, but I'm glad you did :D.

Here is a pic from the first box:
    From CarolinaKevin:
    [​IMG]

Thanks Kev!!!!!! I love me some sours yo! And since the abv is so high on both of them, I'll be able to cellar them for a few/several years.

18. Ok dudes, way behind on posting haul photos so here a they are! Thanks to all you guys for some amazing boxes! Represented here are boxes from gkatsoris, Duffman929, Durb777, CarolinaKevin, and I believe OneBeertoRTA (no note, but killer box!).
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Apologies if I missed anyone who sent to me, I got a bunch of boxes all in a few days and didn't do the best job of cataloging everything :( Post here if I forgot ya!

Cheers!

19. gkatsoris

FYI, the Expeition Stout is a 2011 and the Morke PP is prob 2010 (maybe 2011). Enjoy!

20. gkatsoris

Hey everyone, just wanted to send a heads up....everyone has 2 weeks to ship to Mcnuts and/or brooklynbrews. The deadline to ship is March 14th.

these are the BAer's who still need to ship:
    WitteBanter: to both
    VtBeerRun: to both
    libbey: to McNuts
    WagonCircler: to both
    DavoleBomb: to both
    hmph: to both
    3Hops: to both
    BruceBruce (got your message): to both
    Gehrig13: to both
    Jose2412: to McNuts
    osubuckeye99: to both
    martin123012: to both
    Evan: to both
    Rymar9: to both
    Marti403: to both
    bigaltemple: to both
    OsNJCB: to both
    Msquared2: to both
    damngoode: to both
    Durb777: to McNuts

When you ship, please send me the tracking info so I can fill the spreadsheet in, also. Thanks everyone.

Prost!

21. gkatsoris

there is a correction on the above list....
    damngoode has shipped to both Mcnuts & brooklynbrews.

Sorry about the mistake D, it was my bad.

22. Box arrived from Shrek806, thanks man! Looking forward to my first Hopslam of the season!

[​IMG]

23. shrek806

shrek806 Savant (275) New York Mar 1, 2010

I SHIPPED TO BOTH AS WELL, MCNUTS BOX SHOULD ARRIVE FRIDAY

24. gkatsoris

crazy aweseom box!

25. shrek806

shrek806 Savant (275) New York Mar 1, 2010

Box #2 is on the truck out for delivery.

26. Another haul yesterday from G13. Thanks bud, slinging dem BA stouts and crushing wants!

[​IMG]

27. Another box landed today from Shrek806. Thanks for the New York goodness!

[​IMG]

28. shipping that shit monday sorry guys for my tardiness

29. gkatsoris

damn

30. Fuckin sweet! Beautiful man.

31. Sweet box landed Friday from G13. Awesome box, thank you!

[​IMG]

32. More arrivals! From Marti403. Permawants in the 2012 Blackout and 2012 BA Plead the 5th. A new one from Short's that sounds awesome. Thanks so much!

[​IMG]

33. Box from Evan arrived as well. Excited to get into these, I assume the unlabeled bottle is a homebrew? Would love some info on it, unless you prefer I taste it blind? Cheers!

[​IMG]

34. Received a few boxes this week.

First is a mystery box as I chopped the label opening the box and there wasn't a name listed. I love Big Bad Baptist and the massive Black IPA (14.5%, 156 IBU) sounds bother interesting and a little scary.

[​IMG]

35. BigLobo came strong with a perma-want and one of my all-time favorite brews. Also have never had the non-BA CW Barleywine. Thanks man!

[​IMG]

36. Evan hooked up Retribution and others. I would also be interested in info on the homebrew. Thanks for the brews.

[​IMG]

37. Box from Morgan as well with a homebrew and a Raleigh local. This bottle traveled from Raleigh, NC to wherever Morgan lives back to Raleigh, NC to me. I'm sure this bottle has a story to tell, thanks!

[​IMG]

38. Marti403

Marti403 Savant (470) Michigan Jul 23, 2011

This is from me. My apologies for not including name.

39. Damn! I didn't even think about you being back home! I'm from Charlotte but live in GA and picked it up when I visoted my folks a few weeks ago! I just love that beer and was stoked to see it being bottled! I apologize for the lack of common sense!

40. gkatsoris

I see Oz posting tons of pics on FB, but nothing from him in here......Slacker McSlackerson.