1. The wait is over! Download the BeerAdvocate app on iTunes or Google Play now.
  2. Get 12 issues / year of BeerAdvocate magazine for only $9.99!

Nimbus Bistro now open in Scottsdale

Discussion in 'US - Southwest' started by yemenmocha, Mar 23, 2012.

1. yemenmocha

yemenmocha Poobah (1,005) Arizona Jun 18, 2002

Phoenix area folks, Nimbus opened their new bistro in Scottsdale on Scottsdale road at Indian Bend (NE corner shops, not viewable from street).

On my visit they had 5-6 house taps, and 14 guest taps with about 3 not being used currently. Giving them some slack since they just opened, but all beers including imperial stout were served in cold nonic pint glasses. I thought it was a nice shopping area for the location, white collar sort of customer base, and not an abundance of TV's so it should have a nice balanced vibe compared to many beer places in the valley. I was happy to get some of the Monkey Burn jalapenos that I enjoyed in Tucscon.
    FriarTuckInLuck likes this.
  2. arizcards

arizcards Advocate (530) Arizona Jun 11, 2003

Good to hear as Da Boss and i have some close friends in the area. My favorite brew is the oatmeal stout so i look forward to trying it fresh! Thanks for the heads up!
  3. bennetj17

bennetj17 Advocate (625) Arizona Oct 30, 2005

Don't bet on it improving. I don't care much for the Bistro here in Tucson. I prefer going to the actual brewery if I had a choice. Glad to see Arizona craft brewers growing, but still waiting for some really good beer to be brewed around here. The Address Brewing (1702) is actually pretty promising though.
  4. yemenmocha

yemenmocha Poobah (1,005) Arizona Jun 18, 2002

Thanks for the heads up. They had Racer 5, some Odell taps, and I liked what I ate so I'll probably try them again... but most likely Four Peaks N.Scottsdale is going to be preferred when I'm out in N. Scottsdale.