1. The wait is over! Download the BeerAdvocate app on iTunes or Google Play now.
  2. Get 12 issues / year of BeerAdvocate magazine for only $9.99!

No better way to celebrate your 500th beer review...

Discussion in 'Beer Talk' started by bubseymour, Feb 19, 2013.

1. bubseymour

bubseymour Advocate (625) Maryland Oct 30, 2010

...than doing a 10 beer sampling at a brewery to put me at 503!

Granted I "ticked" them as hads, and I'm now at 503 and enjoyed an incredible weekend with the wife doing wine/beer tour weekend down near Charlottesville VA, on route 151. 3 Breweries (Blue Mountain, Wild Wolf and Devils Backbone are all along that state highway about 5-10 miles separation from each, with plenty of incredible vineyards along the way to pitstop to keep the girls happy. And the scenery of the mountains an rural landscape was beautiful as well in that area. Just thought I'd share and brag about my milestone a little.

2. dbrauneis

dbrauneis Site Editor (950) North Carolina Dec 8, 2007 Staff Member

Nice! I really enjoyed Blue Mountain when I visited late last year...and it had good food as well.

3. JK4Stout

JK4Stout Aficionado (240) Virginia May 10, 2010

I love Blue Mountain. Mandelin was one of my first really great brews! I was going to say a nice sampling of Bud Ice. Now that would be some epic reviewing!

4. JK4Stout

JK4Stout Aficionado (240) Virginia May 10, 2010

Also The Blue Toad bar is a good experience. It is on the same stretch

5. bubseymour

bubseymour Advocate (625) Maryland Oct 30, 2010

Yeah I noticed the blue toad pub which looked really cool. A guy I was talking to at wild wolf recommended it. I just didn't have enough time (nor tolerance level as I was driving). All of the places out in that remote stretch of scenic rural Virginia were very crowded so its definitely a well know beer/wine destination.