1. Extreme Beer Fest. March 20 & 21, 2015 in Boston, Mass. Join us!
  2. The wait is over! Download the BeerAdvocate app on iTunes or Google Play now.
  3. Get 12 issues / year of BeerAdvocate magazine for only $9.99!

No One Wants to See A BA Naked Hints/Hauls

Discussion in 'Beer It Forward' started by biglobo8971, May 22, 2012.

1. I'm stoked to see the pics of everyone's t-shirts. Especially you Gene!

2. BigGene

BigGene Initiate (0) Florida Oct 30, 2010

Great someone is making a Shirt for me out of a Brewery Flag.

3. Mine will be going pretty far to the west.

4. buffs9

buffs9 Savant (450) Colorado Apr 28, 2008

My target's wants list is quite different from my own, but I'll do my best. I checked other wants lists to make sure this wasn't too obvious and there are some people I need to trade with.

5. The worst aspect of this hints thread is I'm not sending mine until the very end bc I need to visit a certain brewery for the growlers...so, sorry to my target now BUT you'll good things come to those who wait ;)

6. Sender

Sender Initiate (0) Minnesota Sep 19, 2010

Thanks for the update Josh. ;)

7. Did you go to the same school as me? ;)

8. huadog

huadog Savant (350) California May 13, 2009

WHY AM I NOT IN THIS BIF?! :oops:

9. I think sender was trying to make a joke since we were led to believe there was a male Kelly in here.

10. Ahh, ok. No, a female Kelly. That would've been confusing for some when the pics are posted.

11. funkyaudio

funkyaudio Savant (465) Illinois Feb 14, 2009

Hint #2 my target is about a 15 hour drive from me

12. It's not the wisest of ideas to shop for a BIF after consuming copious amounts of Parabola "tastings". This box got significantly heavier.

Hint #4 my target has a wide variety of styles in their has/had/wants which makes bottle choices easy. However, their state has nearly the same distribution as California, which makes it hard to choose bottles.

13. Since there's delayed gratification going on all over this BIF- us anyone doing anything exciting this weekend? I'm going out on a limb that everyone here will be drinking something interesting...

14. BigGene

Heading to the Cigar City Brewery..... to well Drink and pick up some Brewery only love for my box. Oh and a Growler....

15. Hint 7: the box will contain a math principle and the road to saint hood

16. There aren't any "tion"s at the end of your beer names, are there?

17. leschkie

leschkie Savant (495) California Jan 30, 2011

Hint #2:

Six degress of separation hint:
    leschkie --> MarkIntihar --> Kaydogg --> Alewatcher --> ________ --> ________ --> target

And in honour of the upcoming Memorial Day holiday, my target lives in a Union state or Union-controlled territory.

I will be trekking down south the weekend after next to pick up some bottles and a growler that are on my target's wants list that isn't distro'd where I live (another hint maybe?), so most likely I will be sending out in ~2 weeks.

18. Kern River Brewing for beer and dinner tonight, and then spending the next three days avoiding the work phone and doing as little as possible around the house (or until the tamed house dragon gives me a todo list).

19. Starting here for lunch tomorrow and then drinking anything I want from his cellar (except three bottles he's hidden from us like a jerk) until we run out of beer/ die. Sunday-Monday will be spent in the country throwing sticks into the pond for the dogs to fight over. I need to find canned beers for that.

I've got my shirt situation figured out, all I have to say is YOU better like 3 Floyds!

20. Are you going to send out your box ahead of time, in case it's the latter option of "run out of beer/die"? You don't want to leave someone hanging.

21. morimech

morimech Advocate (700) Minnesota Nov 6, 2006

Being a previous participant in this great BIF, I feel kind of hurt that I was not notified of its renewal. But it does look like the MN BAs will absolutely kill it!

22. BigGene

I am soooo bummed..... At Cigar City today I got growlers for this BIF and a Gallon of FLorida Cracker white ale for myself. Well the all 4 32 oz growlers made it home safe. The Gallon broke/exploded now my truck smells like beer. Guess Im spending Sunday shampooing the rug in my truck. Dam it.

23. Sorry BigGene, that's a bummer. However, I'm sure a cop would totally believe you when you say the smell of beer is from the Cigar City car freshener you bought.

24. I'm not going to pull hte "I posted a looking for interest thread" excuse, so I will say "I wil fo sho do another one of these, and will send you the message when I do.

25. Ungertaker

Ungertaker Savant (460) Minnesota Apr 30, 2010

another hint:

My target has King Henry on his wants.

26. Hint # 2

My target has been in at least one other BIF/LIF with me....

27. morimech

morimech Advocate (700) Minnesota Nov 6, 2006

No worries. Actively looking how this turns out and looking forward to the next installment. I seldom look into trading threads anymore and I blame myself for missing this one.

28. Ungertaker

And, thanks to a good buddy, said target will be receiving said beer!

29. Thats not much of a hint. Considering nearly everyone who doesnt have a bottle already has it on their wants. ;)

30. Hint #1: Assuming my target is a fan of his/her local MLB team, (s)he's having an unhappier baseball season than I am, at least to this point.

31. Ungertaker

Lol, I know. There were a couple that didn't have it, though. ;)

32. Ungertaker

All four of us MN BAs could definitely be in this category.

33. This could be me...especially since die hard Sox fans don't even like them right now. I'm more of a football fan, but you can't deny a day at Fenway is a good time.

34. BigGene

box packed and ready to go.... But have to get it double boxed. it Is bursting at the seams. will deliver to UPS/ Fedex at lunch tomorrow.

35. Axic10

Axic10 Savant (425) New Jersey Mar 15, 2008

Can't wait to start seeing some of these hauls!

36. biggene, thats awesome. Mine will go out on Monday, being the fact I had most of my targets wants in my cellar, cant decide if I should pull the trigger ont the 3 mo old top want of his signigicant other. Decisions, decisions.

37. Axic10

Axic10 Savant (425) New Jersey Mar 15, 2008

I was all ready to send out a shipper of beer, with the growler and swag following shortly. I then noticed that my target is provisional, d'oh!

38. please follow the guidelines set if your target is provisional. It seems like a pain in the ass, but it is a much needed tool to help introduce new BA's to the world of Bifdom. If you must send that growler out tomorrow, send it to me and I will send one back.