1. The wait is over! Download the BeerAdvocate app on iTunes or Google Play now.
  2. Get 12 issues / year of BeerAdvocate magazine for only $9.99!

No Sophomore Slumps Allowed BIF: Hints and Hauls

Discussion in 'Beer It Forward' started by Naugros, Apr 12, 2012.

1. Naugros

Naugros Savant (320) New Jersey Apr 24, 2010

This BIF is closed to new participants and is the second round to the Noob BIFs more-than-capably run by Cbeer and Biglobo. Once again, thanks guys!

As stated, these are the rules:
    - The minimum is set at $25 dollars and should include local beer. Like the previous BIFs , I will not limit the number of bottles as long as you send at least $25 on the beer. If the first BIFs were any indication, then this won't be a problem. We had some epic boxes!
    - You must also send one piece of swag which, for this BIF, should be a shirt from a local brewery.
    - Target ship date is April 27th. You MUST ship by this date!

Your targets should be waiting for you in your Inbox, unless you're really quick getting into this new thread. I have included, for your convenience, the hauls everyone had in the first BIF. Please avoid duplication from your target's first haul and also try to avoid duplicating breweries that your target's state already gets distribution for. Seekabrew.com is a great resource to help in this regard...be sure to look into it.

Also make sure to check your target's Wants. If you can't find their Wants list, go to yours and up in the URL, replace your name with theirs. If you can get them something on their Wants list that's not considered local, go for it. I doubt they'll complain.

I don't think I need to remind everyone that participation in giving hints and posting hauls is what makes these things FUN!!! You all did such a great job the first time, so again, no worries.

We do have two Noobs, but they read along with the first ones and know the drill.

Have fun guys and I can't wait to see the hauls this time around!
  2. Pelican5

Pelican5 Savant (310) California Feb 4, 2012

Annnnnd begin...
  3. I'll try to ick things off. There are 3 degrees of separation between my targets hometown and this guy[​IMG]
  4. duceswild

duceswild Advocate (740) Maryland Feb 8, 2010

i am not surprised that my target is south of me
  5. Pelican5

Will be shipping East and North of me...
  6. ReTag

ReTag Aficionado (155) Minnesota Apr 5, 2012

glad to see this get going so soon after the last one ended.
  7. Bjohnston

Bjohnston Aficionado (145) Kentucky Dec 24, 2011

Will be shipping north and west of me. Hopefully, I can get a good box together for my target.
  8. match1112

match1112 Initiate (0) Illinois Mar 2, 2011

i will be shipping to a state other than mine, hope that didnt give it away too soon.
  9. duceswild

i knew you were sending it my way...way to make it so easy ;)
  10. adamdd

adamdd Savant (330) Michigan May 9, 2011

Both east AND north of California? Imagine that!
  11. Naugros

And just like the NHL play-offs, they're off to a very entertaining start!
  12. match1112

dab gummit, how did you figure it out?
  13. Pelican5

Thought I would start out slow on this one. ;)

How bout more than 100 miles east does that help?
  14. adamdd

My target lives near a team involved in the NHL playoffs. If I wanted, I could drive to my targets house and it would take me more than 30 minutes.
  15. Pelican5

Had a unique beer tonight that I try and drink a couple times a year. Someone will be getting a bottle of it soon! It comes from a brewery near the same latitude line as my victim... I mean target.
  16. laxer8811

laxer8811 Savant (340) New York Sep 13, 2006

my box will be going south and west
    of me
  17. adamdd

Just going to throw this out there, but should the shipping deadline be pushed to Monday, April 30th? This way if someone waits for the deadline, the box won't sit in the hot FedEx/UPS warehouse all weekend. It would also give me a chance to pick up some nice extra bottles (possibly off my target's wants) while I am out of town at the end of that week.
  18. duceswild

I would be fine with that. However, I plan to send my box out sometime the week of the 23rd as I won't be able to get to fedex the latter part of the week/weekend.
  19. Pelican5

Im cool with that and Im sure your target will be as well!
  20. Naugros

The floor recognizes the gentleman from Michigan and puts his motion to the floor to move the cut-off to 4/30.

It appears to have been seconded and thirded.

Motion is passed.

The cut-off has been extended to April 30th, so say all of us.

[​IMG]
  21. ^^ Haha

My target's state is the home of my favorite brewery and beer (off the shelf) of all time. This brewery does not distribute to Tennessee but I can jump a border and grab their offerings with ease. I also plan to knock off at least 4-5 of my targets wants as well as sending a delicious box of locals and maybeeee a tasty growler.
  22. Bjohnston

Bjohnston Aficionado (145) Kentucky Dec 24, 2011

My target's state is home to some breweries whose beer I would like to try. Unfortunately, our shared distribution lines up more closely than my first round target so I'm going to have to get creative to fill out the box. Should be fun tracking down beers for this round.
  23. laxer8811

Someone famous is from where my box is going...
  24. duceswild

I believe there is also one or two famous people from where my box is going as well, but one of them is not me ;)
  25. Pelican5

There are many famous people from the state I am sending to.
  26. My target may or may not know a Colonel.
  27. adamdd

My target's zip code is less than mine. I'm concerned about the number of beers that may fall into this box before it is shipped.
  28. Is it Colonel Sanders? I hear he has a secret recipe
  29. Pelican5

Thats what I was thinking... :p
  30. laxer8811

my target and l share a good amount of distribution but will get them a want from a shared brewery
  31. match1112

i am shipping to a place where people like to bicycle to work.
  32. Pelican5

Shipping East of the Mississippi River
  33. match1112

shipping to a place that has a university that was built in the late 1800's. also i went thru my targets wants and have ten of them in my cellar, that will make shopping for the other twelve alot cheaper.
  34. Pelican5

Hmmmmm....
  35. laxer8811

Was hoping to get my mark some le bleu but after few hours in line I got shut out, but they will be getting some very local beers with hardly any distribution..
  36. Pelican5

37. laxer8811

so happy I have always been a NY Giants fan :)
  38. duceswild

my targets zip code contains my favorite two digit #
  39. laxer8811

My target has removed a want from their list