1. The wait is over! Download the BeerAdvocate app on iTunes or Google Play now.
  2. Get 12 issues / year of BeerAdvocate magazine for only $9.99!

Nobi Public House Bottle Share

Discussion in 'US - Southwest' started by jbeezification, Feb 25, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DanzBorin

DanzBorin Initiate (0) Texas Apr 11, 2012

Funk Metal and RU-55 were the only interesting stuff I saw over the weekend.
  2. StArnoldFan

StArnoldFan Advocate (575) Texas Dec 28, 2012

Alright I'm in with a few goods. I updated the list, hope we get more people on it though or it might be weak.
  3. Ford

Ford Savant (470) Texas Sep 8, 2012

I'll know later in the week if I can go... though I'm not sure I have anything exciting at all. Everything I have was bought in Houston.
  4. Dajtai007

Dajtai007 Savant (390) Texas Jan 15, 2009

I think the Nobi tasting should be on the Fourth Sunday of every month. Not to clash with the second Sunday tasting that has been going on religiously for the past few years. On top of that, you may draw a lot more Houston BA's to attend Nobi that way. A tasting mid way. I'll be down for that now and then.
    rainerschuhsler likes this.
  5. jbeezification

jbeezification Savant (405) Texas Jun 6, 2012

I absolutely agree. Next time we do this it will be on a different weekend. I was not aware of the conflict and had I known I would have planned it differently.
  6. cfrobrew

cfrobrew Savant (300) Texas Oct 9, 2012

Yeah D&Q just got 512 double pecan porter aged in bourbon barrels, Im gonna miss out on that one since I cant get down there :( . He also has a bunch of JK and GI stuff, plenty of good sours to be had. Check out his twitter @TheBeerStation
  7. DanzBorin

He got it yesterday at 4:20. It was likely sold out by 7 or so.

Now I need to find it on tap.
  8. cfrobrew

9. BruceBruce

BruceBruce Initiate (0) Texas Dec 4, 2011

Yeah I would deff go down there and invite my clear lake friends, but cant cheat on the OGs when it's on another day I would be in for sure
    canadianghetto likes this.
  10. cfrobrew

FYI I know there are a couple of BA's coming that havnt filled out the sheet as well as some non BA's. Looking forward to hanging out with you guys on Sunday.
  11. SeaSparrow

SeaSparrow Aficionado (150) Texas Sep 4, 2010

I should be there. I will bring something good, but need to look in the cellar and will bring something not already posted on the google doc. It's mostly stouts listed...is the tasting becoming unintentionally themed?
  12. StArnoldFan

Cool, good to read the past couple posts. I was thinking it would be pretty weak with only 3 people on the sheet. Going back to the OP, do we have confirmation that this is ok? I have NEVER seen anyone bring a bottle into Nobi as many times as I've been. I'd hate for all of us to show up on Sunday and they look at us funny and say that its not allowed.
  13. SeaSparrow

I would also appreciate "official confirmation!"
    I was at Nobi last night, but didn't have a chance to talk to him at all...
  14. jbeezification

Channing is 100% on board. I was also at Nobis last night and we spoke about it the whole time I was there. He even said he was going to bring a bottle or two.
    Ford, StArnoldFan and boogercrack like this.
  15. SeaSparrow

Two strangers passing in the night...
    Cool, it will be good to put some faces to local BAs this weekend!
    jbeezification likes this.
  16. Ford

I'm hoping to swing by and say hello...
  17. jbeezification

Stop by and introduce yourself bro. It would be nice to put a face to the dude with the Astrodome avatar. If nothing else just bring a bottle of something you enjoy, it doesn't have to be from out of state.
  18. Ford

ah.. me and the Dome... we had a great relationship when we were kids... now we are both older and looking a bit run down...together we reminisce about Glory Days...

Cool.. I'll look around and see what I got... actually I have some 12 Pumpkinator still and maybe a Karbach Krunkin Pumpkin... hopefully I can make it...
  19. jbeezification

Bring the Pumpkinator and I'll be your best friend forever.
  20. Ford

Allright... I plan on being there and I'll bring those two to try.

Oh yeah.. do people bring a small tasting glass to use at these? Yeah.. I've never been to a bottle share.. I usually just share bottles at home with myself... selfish.. I know.;)
  21. jbeezification

You can bring a glass, I always do, and on second thought don't bring the Pumpkinator unless you really want to have it. It is going to be a small tasting and we already have a few stouts on deck. Krunkin Punkin is fine and any other kind of ales will do.

My buddy is bringing a bottle of North Coast Grand Cru and Monks Cafe.
  22. Ford

Sounds good! Thanks for the advice.
  23. StArnoldFan

Nobi just posted on Facebook about the bottle share and has a pic of Firestone Walker BA anniversary ale. See y'all there in a hour or so
  24. jbeezification

I just got here. I'm in the middle on a decent sized table with my bottles out.
  25. DanzBorin

Y'all have fun. Wish I could attend!
  26. StArnoldFan

Good time tonight. I appreciate all that was brought. I hope we can get something set up for the first Sunday of every month.
  27. Ford

Bottle share was a good time.. enjoyed meeting everyone.... look forward to more in the future.. as usual Nobi and the staff there were great.... no one laughed at the meager beers I brought so that was nice.
  28. Ford

Oh yeah.. which Firestone Walker did we have? I never saw the bottle up close...thanks!
  29. tjmodica

tjmodica Savant (335) Texas Oct 2, 2007

If this is changed to another Sunday(not the 2nd Sunday of the month) I would be willing to get in on this.

Cheers
    BruceBruce likes this.
  30. Ford

We are looking at the first Sunday of every month I believe from here on out.. subject to change of course...
  31. somethingfunny

somethingfunny Aspirant (30) Texas Mar 11, 2013

I'm on here now guys, it was nice meeting everyone, we need to do it again soon
    jbeezification, Ford and StArnoldFan like this.
  32. Ford

Dang... you actually found us...but really it was good meeting you today.
  33. StArnoldFan

BA 16th Anv Ale

[​IMG]
    acbe and Ford like this.
  34. SeaSparrow

Yep, great time and good to meet some of the local BAs in person! Thanks for sharing all the good beer guys!
    Ford likes this.
  35. cfrobrew

Good times, thanks again guys.
    Ford likes this.
  36. Texas_Speed

Texas_Speed Savant (315) Texas Aug 22, 2012

Glad to hear everyone had a good time. I wish I could have made this one but I'm currently offshore. Hopefully I will be able to make the next bottle share so I can meet everyone. I wouldn't have much to offer for rare or out of state beers, but I'm sure I can find something to bring.

Maybe, I'll run into someone next time I go to Nobi.
  37. mattchow

mattchow Savant (370) Texas Jun 24, 2012

I think I met the owner of Nobi out at the Southern Star 5th year Anniversary, I'll have to make my way down there someday.
    Ford likes this.
  38. Ford

If his name was Charles, then yes.. he is a super nice guy.. and runs a great gas station and craft bar.
  39. tasteslikefrog

tasteslikefrog Disciple (70) Texas Jun 14, 2012

damn, just saw this post! will try be at the next one. the first sunday next month should work for me!
  40. jbeezification

Man we had a good time. Next time we need to bring more sour beers for somethingfunny to try since he likes to experiment with new things. Also big thanks to whoever cleaned up, I felt like a dick all day for not staying and helping with that, apparently I drank a few too many ounces, must have been the Once in a Decade Ale. I really need to score a couple of more bottles of that.

Anyways gentlemen I appreciate all the beers and we definitely need to do this every month.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.