1. The wait is over! Download the BeerAdvocate app on iTunes or Google Play now.
  2. Get 12 issues / year of BeerAdvocate magazine for only $9.99!

Nominate 20 craft beers to remove and add from Dannos product list

Discussion in 'Australia & New Zealand' started by GrahamYallop, Jun 4, 2012.

1. GrahamYallop

GrahamYallop Aspirant (35) May 26, 2012

As title suggest, if you can nominate to remove:
    10 local craft brews

and replace these with

5 local craft brew and
    5 foreign craft brews

at Dan Murphys, what would they be?
  2. MrKennedy

MrKennedy Advocate (575) Australia Dec 29, 2006

C'mon, kick us off
  3. GrahamYallop

1. feral white
    2. lord nelson
    3. coopers green
    4. beez neez
    5. all imported english bitters and pale ales. ok cheating. maybe should be 5 local and 5 foreign to remove

add
    1. prima pils
    2. storm king
    3. bigfoot when it's available or yeti
    4. racer 5

1. big dipper - make it permanent
    2. spartacus
    3. best extra porter murrays
  4. MrKennedy

MrKennedy Advocate (575) Australia Dec 29, 2006

So do you want us to include only breweries that are distributed here, or any from overseas?
  5. GrahamYallop

Distributed here or overseas. If it's from overseas there must be some realistic basis that they can be distributed here. Thus, don't nominate Pliny guys. I think those I listed as foreign brews enjoy mass distribution enough in US to realistically get distribution to Dannos/Australia.
  6. GrahamYallop

3. bigfoot when it's available or yeti edit: i mean old ruffian, got those mixed up
  7. Do what you can!!
  8. danieelol

danieelol Advocate (510) Australia Jun 15, 2010

does bigfoot really need to be available any cheaper than it already is? I mean c'mon now
  9. GrahamYallop

My point is not really on cheap price but retail availability via Dannos.

It'd be nice if barleywine can be made readily available to the public just as Torpedo, Punk IPA and now Big Eye is making American IPA style pretty common to the public.

Let the people realise that there's such a style as barleywine. Also, because $40 Murray's Anniversary Ale :p
  10. Is there?
  11. In terms of removals

All English ales with 'funny' names - having difficulty typing this as I am laughing so much as I remember the 'Fart' style jokes.
    Monteiths
    Stoke
    Wingwalker
    certain small Craft brewers in Aus that struggle to get a 3 rating across their range let alone a solid 3.5 or 4

Adders

Extra Brewdogs
    More Murrays - say P&J to start with
    Bridge Roads
    More Fullers
    Sam Smiths
  12. Definitely the English "funny" name ales. Won't go near them. I suppose it'll be nice if they carried Hop Hog, Samuel Smith's RIS and Guinness' Special Export. Hop Hog for the convenience when I'm outside of Melbourne (Purvis/Slowbeer is where I buy it) and the others as (particuarly Special Export) they can be hard to get my hands on.