1. The wait is over! Download the BeerAdvocate app on iTunes or Google Play now.
  2. Get 12 issues / year of BeerAdvocate magazine for only $9.99!

NOOB STOUT FEST BIF Hints and Hauls

Discussion in 'Beer It Forward' started by smonice, Mar 9, 2013.

1. smonice

smonice Initiate (0) New Jersey Aug 10, 2012

Ok everyone. Targets have been assigned. If anyone has any issues or questions, let me know. Remember send what you would want to get and no shelf turds!

Ok Haywire.....annnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnd GO!

Rules for the Boxes
    1. At least 100oz of stouts, maximum of 200oz
    2. At least 1 Russian Imperial Stout
    3. At least 1 Barrel Aged Stout
    4. At least 1 Stout Rated 90+ on BA
    5. At least 1 Flavored Stout (Cherry, Chocolate, etc)
    6. At least 1 Local Stout
    7. At least one piece of brewery swag (Bottle Opener, Tulip, Shirt... etc)

Timeframe
    Boxes must be shipped by: April 5th (unless I spoke to you otherwise)
  2. roon

roon Aficionado (160) Minnesota Mar 1, 2013

Hint - my target lives in a state where it is illegal to have more than 16 women living together in a house.
  3. Roger85

Roger85 Savant (490) Illinois Aug 24, 2012

That should be illegal in every state.
  4. smonice

Just to clarify, Rule 4 and Rule 3 can be satisfied by 1 bottle. For example:

.[​IMG]
  5. Roger85

If someone wanted to send me that I'd be cool with it.
  6. Roger85

I'm shipping to a place that is over 500 miles away from me. And an initial perusing of my targets wants says I should be able to hit quite a few of them. Looking forward to this one!
  7. My target enjoys The Shining for some strange reason o_O
  8. This urinal is in my target's state (and this is also the exact spot I realized I effin love this wonderful world of beer).

[​IMG]
  9. Jeremy6566

Jeremy6566 Savant (270) Arizona Jan 10, 2013

Looks like I'll fo sho hit two on my targets wants, and maybe another one or two.

Hint: If I was to strut all the all the way over to my targets porch and hand deliver some devastation, resting for 8 hours a day, it would take me more than a month.
  10. smonice

Let's start off easy...

Hint #1 My target is West of me
  11. My target is west of me too...
  12. FEUO

FEUO Initiate (0) Ontario (Canada) Jul 24, 2012

Not partaking, just want to see Haywire's hints.
  13. Boilerfood

Boilerfood Savant (425) Indiana Jun 5, 2012

Hint #1 My target lives in a state with at least one professional sports team.

I will also be using this BIF as an excuse to go on a beer trip.
  14. Let the games begin!
    I have at least 3 of my targets wants in the beer fridge right now--too bad none are stouts.
    Target is west of me in a state that I've never visited.
  15. I hope Haywire can handle the pressure.
    He set the bar pretty high last time.
  16. RustyP

RustyP Savant (315) Texas Dec 22, 2008

My box will land in a coastal state. Already have 5-6 bottles in my fridge that aren't distributed to my target's area, including 2 small-format wants. A brewery from the capitol of my state makes a delicious chile-stout that I'm hoping to send a growler of if I can find it locally.
  17. Easy clue to start for me too, my target lives east of me.
  18. My target lives to the south of me
  19. Hint: My target lives in a city that has a total of 16 championships amongst their collective professional sports teams.
  20. roon

That rules me out....hell I dont think our State has more than 4.
  21. I'm in Philly---nuff said
  22. Not necessarily... I'm going back to 1883, and of coarse not limited to the four major sports (football, baseball, basketball, and hockey).
  23. roon

אָנצוהערעניש - די פירמע איך אַרבעט פֿאַר אָונז אַ ספּאָרט מאַנשאַפֿט אין מיין טאַרגאַץ שטאַט.
  24. Haywire

Haywire Savant (410) New Jersey Sep 25, 2012

Okay, so to live up to my infamous hints, I've spent the last hour coming up with a riddle of sorts. I'm actually not even going to give hints that lead up to the actual destination. If you figure out this riddle, you will know exactly where my target lives.

Before you read this, know that I suck at poetry so don't judge me. And, it is a bit dark at the end but only because as I was writing it, it seemed like a senseless poem so I tried turning it into an actual story of sorts.

Let me start of with a hint for the riddle. There are 20 stanzas (if you count the last line as a stanza). Of the 20, less than half of them provide hints. The other half are to throw you off. The ones that do mean something, it's up to you to determine what they mean or represent. Good luck ;)

I'll provide other hints in the coming days that will provide clues as to destination or target. However, solving this one will determine target or destination right off the bat.

Have fun!
  25. My state's MLB team(s) had a 4-2 record against my target state's MLB team(s)
  26. Hint #1: I'm not shipping to NJ. Also, my box will include some stouts.
  27. vonnegut21

vonnegut21 Advocate (545) New York Apr 27, 2012

My target is from a state with at least one professional sports teams I wouldn't be ashamed to root for.
  28. Boilerfood

I fully plan to take Haywire's riddle to work and make the entire staff try and crack it. Is this considered cheating?
  29. Haywire is already living up to the hype and expectations with his one clue haha
  30. Haywire

Haywire Savant (410) New Jersey Sep 25, 2012

Go for it! This might be my best one to date. On Monday, I'll give a regular hint plus a hint towards unlocking the riddle.
  31. The population of my current home town is > 100x that of my target's home town.
  32. Does your staff have access to the Bat-computer? Where's Adam West when you need him
  33. Boilerfood

After doing some organizing of my sell and picking up a few things in town I feel it is time for another hint. My box will be headed over 500 miles to reach its destination.
  34. Any Clerks reference deserves a like - snoogins

Just read Kevin Smith is writing Clerks 3. Hope it's better than 2
  35. smonice

Hint #2: My target has a swimming pool
  36. ijaap

ijaap Aficionado (190) Washington Jan 5, 2013

My target lives on the opposite side of the country. His states NCAA tourney runs are frequently deeper then my home states team :/
  37. My target lives east of me. So far east that you might drown if your not careful!
  38. roon

Hint - My targets porch had better bite the pillow because I am going in dry and I dont even feel bad about it.
  39. I just got an e-mail from my favorite bar/bottle shop. They just got in a couple of stouts that I think my target would be very happy to receive.
    They are having a PtY event tomorrow, but maybe I'll brave the crowds and pick up some gems.
  40. smonice

Hint #4: My target has less "hads", "wants", and "gots" than me.