Northbound Brewpub Thoughts

Discussion in 'US - Midwest' started by KarlHungus, Oct 4, 2012.

1. KarlHungus

KarlHungus Champion (810) Minnesota Feb 19, 2005

What are everyone's thoughts so far on Northbound Brewpub? I stopped by a few days ago for lunch, and was very impressed. The food was really good, and the onion rings were some of the best I've ever had. I drank a both of their seasonals (a wild rice amber, and a columbus pale ale), and can say that they were both of the same quality as anything I've had from Town Hall (which is to say top quality). I will be going back sooner rather than later.

2. jera1350

jera1350 Champion (750) Minnesota Dec 15, 2007

Really want to try their smoked porter as I'm a big smoked beer fan. Hope to get there soon.

3. I like 'em.

4. lit202

lit202 Zealot (95) Minnesota Feb 8, 2011

Just went there last night. Highly enjoyed their Columbus pale ale and their smoked turkey

5. kbutler1

kbutler1 Advocate (510) Minnesota Aug 20, 2008

Nice set up. Ordered the sampler but the IPA was out. Colombus Pale was pretty good but thought all the others were just ok. No growler fills yet which was also a bummer. Buddy of mine had a really bad experience on Saturday night when their food took over an hour to come out.
    I'll go back though. Seems like they were still working out some kinks in the system.

6. Really enjoyed the Columbus Pale Ale (their flight was delicious all around, mind you) and the food was awesome

7. went there today for lunch had big jim ipa it was fantastic very topical forward ipa also had the wild rice amber very good food was good and place was packed ,waitress told us they can not keep up with demand as 3 of there brewa were sold out,also had a nice local guest tap list, will most definatley go back

8. going in a little bit here, pretty excited.

9. Jamie(owner and brewer) is one hell of a good guy, and one hell of a great brewer. His porter was one of the best porters I've had in years, the food was great, and the service kind. My understanding is the demand is higher than anybody expected and the tap room is packed with people all the time. Go there, drink untill you can't handle anymore, and have some smoked fish.

10. really enjoyed the porter, ipa was pretty good too. Food was excellent too.

Also while waiting outside, saw a drunk driver go 40/50 around the corner and hit a parked car and then keep going with someone chasing them, so that was exciting.