1. Extreme Beer Fest. March 20 & 21, 2015 in Boston, Mass. Join us!
  2. The wait is over! Download the BeerAdvocate app on iTunes or Google Play now.
  3. Get 12 issues / year of BeerAdvocate magazine for only $9.99!

Nostalgia KRS-2100 Cooling Issue

Discussion in 'Home Bar' started by aevans512, Mar 11, 2013.

1. aevans512

aevans512 Initiate (15) Mar 11, 2013

Hi all im new here..... I just bought a Nostalgia Electronics Krs-2100 kegerator and im having some cooling issues.... Its currently sitting at around 43F on max setting and I was hoping to get around 33-34 F.... Ive read some reviews on the same model but the one prior to 2009 and I was told the thermostat plate comes off and theres a screw to adjust but I see nothing about this in the directions.... I have the model that comes with the Dual gauge regulator.... So could anyone let me know if this is possible? If so how exactly do I do it? Any help greatly appreciated thanks

2. DougC123

DougC123 Savant (315) Connecticut Aug 21, 2012

I think for this issue you would do better over at the micromatic site where you started - as I mentioned over there, search the threads there are quite a few that talk about it.

3. Geno78

Geno78 Aficionado (215) Ohio Apr 1, 2010

I recently had a similar problem that I resolved without messing with the thermostat plate.

I'm assuming you've turned it all the way to MAX to get it colder. Doing that just seems to make the plate ice up too quickly right in the corner, which isn't good.

Before you mess with the screw, try turning it down low to let it cycle off and defrost, and then slowly move it up to 50-60% power. I did that, and it turned out much colder than when I had in on MAX. It also cycles on and off more often, which it wasn't doing before.