1. The wait is over! Download the BeerAdvocate app on iTunes or Google Play now.
  2. Get 12 issues / year of BeerAdvocate magazine for only $9.99!

Notes on the 2012 Brick Store HMOG

Discussion in 'US - South-Atlantic' started by ontherocks, Dec 6, 2012.

1. I have been lucky enough to attend the last three editions of the Brick Store HMOG and I try to keep a list of the fine-quality adult beverages that I am lucky enough to try.

Looking at this year's "field notes", it seems that my handwriting got worse as the day went on. Wonder why? With all of the wonderful cacophany, when offered something, I ask "What is this?" and when told, then I need to find a flat surface so I can write down the name. Aside from partial hearing loss and short-term memory loss (It can't be the 65 beers I tried!), sometimes I don't get the names right.

If possible, is anyone able to make anything of these cryptic partial names?

"Kind of Blue"; "Coltrane & Davis"; "American Splendor"; "The Old Fashioned"; "Peace..."

A BA search yielded Zero Gravity Kind of Blue - did someone bring that one?

Many Thanks to Lee and the other folks at the Brick Store.
  2. A quick look on the spreadsheet gave me no results. However, I assume you have already done this. I had assumed Coltrane & Davis is Bitches Brew, but you're the one that brought that so I guess not. Really, I am of no help here.

Spreadsheet
  3. Thanks for the reply. I had already tried Bitch's Brew and my list was new stuff.
  4. pghlee

pghlee Savant (255) Georgia Feb 24, 2006

Zero Gravity is our local homebrewers club so i bet it was one of theirs which wouldnt show up on BA
  5. The mystery beers could have been in growlers. I did a quick BA search and it showed a listing for a Kind of Blue from Zero Gravity. It really ain't important.