1. The wait is over! Download the BeerAdvocate app on iTunes or Google Play now.
  2. Get 12 issues / year of BeerAdvocate magazine for only $9.99!

NPR story on Westvleteren 12

Discussion in 'Beer News' started by Pete0714, Dec 12, 2012.

1. Pete0714

Pete0714 Aficionado (150) Indiana May 18, 2011

mikeburd1128 and headyhopzhead like this.
  2. Retsinis

Retsinis Advocate (520) California Sep 25, 2009

Yep, heard that this morning, and a friend, whose is not on BA even heard it, cool stuff. They also had a story this week about the 160% beer tax increase being considered in France, as well as the proposed re-taliation tax on wine in Beligium if they pass it. The correspondent even talked about how while it comes down to just a $0.06 per glass increase, that the big brewers could absorb, that the craft brewers would struggle with it. Great stuff.
  3. Pete0714

Pete0714 Aficionado (150) Indiana May 18, 2011

And to top it off, this evening they were talking about nanobrewers.
  4. GeoJames

GeoJames Initiate (20) Dec 13, 2012

I had a few non-beer friends send me links to that story this morning.
  5. NPR is good shit (and that praise is coming from a neo-con). This ain't the first time they've done a really cool beer story, nor will it be the last.
  6. foobula

foobula Savant (330) Illinois Dec 14, 2009

I heard it too. Morning Edition is my alarm clock, and it was awesome hearing that story on a morning that I was getting up 2 hours early for a Westy trip. Yet another reason to pledge.
  7. broodog

broodog Savant (335) Illinois Jul 18, 2009

Thanks for listening. Don't forget to donate to your local NPR station.
    Ranbot, zencigar, YogiBeer and 8 others like this.
  8. So, was it sold out country wide by the end of business hours yesterday or do you think there is still a few here and there today?
  9. Zerric

Zerric Aficionado (125) California Jun 30, 2010

10. This story was starting on my NPR station as I pulled into the Total Wine parking lot to buy Westlveteren yesterday
  11. Someone should brew a beer for NPR.
    BedetheVenerable likes this.
  12. ao125

ao125 Savant (335) Virginia Dec 1, 2010

All Malts Considered? Bar Talk? Wait, Wait, Don't Card Me?
  13. Thads324

Thads324 Savant (390) Connecticut Jan 21, 2010

Wait wait don't tell me is crazy funny. I love NPR, didn't catch this story though so glad to see it here
  14. smcolw

smcolw Advocate (675) Massachusetts Jan 16, 2004

Fascinating to see which states even received it. Alabama got some, but not Georgia or Mississippi. Plenty in Oregon, but none in Washington. Texas got none, but Florida had it available in several places. Kentucky yes, Tennessee no. Et cetera... I'm sure it was by distributor, but I find it interesting who got lucky and who didn't.
  15. Thanks for posting!
  16. Ranbot

Ranbot Savant (400) Pennsylvania Nov 27, 2006

Someone should send Terry Gross a Fresh Beer.