1. Extreme Beer Fest. March 20 & 21, 2015 in Boston, Mass. Join us!
  2. The wait is over! Download the BeerAdvocate app on iTunes or Google Play now.
  3. Get 12 issues / year of BeerAdvocate magazine for only $9.99!

Nugget Nectar and Flower Power availability in Buffalo

Discussion in 'US - Mid-Atlantic' started by Moc513, Aug 22, 2012.

1. Moc513

Moc513 Savant (305) New York May 24, 2012

I cannot find either of these two beers in Buffalo at all. Has anyone else notice this and does anyone know why?

Thanks
    Mike

2. NN is a seasonal release and comes out in March... if you find any now it'll be a shell of what it was.. also not sure if they (Troegs) even distributes it up in Buffalo...

Flower Power i would figure you can find... but who knows with Ithaca and that brew sometimes they seem to have issues with supply and it'll be a month or two where you can't find it, think there is a thread in mid-atlantic section about flower power and how they are taking a month off from brewing it while they move to their new location or something along those lines

3. Moc513

Moc513 Savant (305) New York May 24, 2012

I never realized that Nugget Nectar was seasonal. I guess I have always lucked out and found it during the right times. There is even an empty slot at the bottle shop where it belongs so I have always assumed year round.

4. NN is out of season, Consumer's randomly puts kegs on for fills at strange times like late summer(no not this year yet). I think from what I've read hear that Ithaca is having issues keeping up with demand and their move to the bigger house. It was likely a month ago but the Consumer's in OP had a few cases of FP on the floor.

libbey likes this.
  5. benz08

benz08 Savant (355) New Jersey Nov 9, 2008

No new Flower Power until they transfer production to the new brewhouse is what i've been told. But yeah nugget nectar is out of season. They actually produced it late this year. Usually you can get it in PA late january and NJ a few weeks later but they produced new batches until April. I was actually just at Troegs Monday. Great new facility and a cool gift shop that sells the scratch beer series in bottles at $3 a bottle. Way better than having to invest in a case. Also usually 2-3 scratch beers on tap for growler fills.

6. Pucker Up with Nugget Nectar [​IMG]
    With The Mad Elf entering hibernation mode, now seems a fitting time to unleash our revered mid-winter seasonal, Nugget Nectar. With a heady collection of American hops, Nugget Nectar will rekindle your romance with the succulent humulus lupulus overload you’ve come to expect from this bold Imperial Amber Ale. “Nugget Nectar was inspired by fresh new hops rolling in from the harvest,” said John Trogner. Nugget Nectar is intensified with whole flower Nugget cones added to our hopback vessel and dry-hopped with our patented HopsCyclone™ technique. Keeping freshness in mind, we are shipping Nugget Nectar as fast as it is packaged. You can expect cases, six-packs, and bombers to start appearing in Central Pennsylvania in mid-January and expanding through our eight-state distribution area over the following four weeks. Draft Nugget Nectar will be released in mid-February and into early March.

7. FYI - The Nugget Nectar release is scheduled for the 3rd week of January this year.

8. ^yeah i saw the post above yours last night and was quite shocked. Maybe it was this early last year and just took Hunterdon in NJ till March to push it out to make sure they had enough to supply their accounts.. who knows... glad it will be out soon.. Hopslam too!