1. The wait is over! Download the BeerAdvocate app on iTunes or Google Play now.
  2. Get 12 issues / year of BeerAdvocate magazine for only $9.99!

Nugget Nectar

Discussion in 'US - Mid-Atlantic' started by Kadonny, Dec 27, 2012.

1. 1/28 is the listed date.. but we'll see if hunterdon has it together

sucks is hitting NJ this week though so get your sucks this week and NN next week. I'm hopeful to grab a case of NN next week!
  2. Not until next week, according to Troegs official announcement - altho' what "street date" mean is unclear. Hunterdon obviously can't deliver beer to every section of the state in one day.
  3. No. That is excessive, and a total dick move. For the past five or so years I've always been able to get a few cases throughout the "Nugget Season" without having to hoard it like some kind of juvenile craft beer newb. At most I probably went through about 5 cases in a season, with my distributor still having a case or two left in March that sat for a few weeks because everyone was tired of it by then. Plus he had a sixtel that lasted longer.
  4. But if people are going THAT insane over it, I might just have to swing by my distro for a case. I don't like having to buy two cases in a week (just bought Sucks yesterday), but this is a special and rare occasion.
  5. I really don't think you will have much trouble getting it in the next month or so at least but I would still go buy a case :D Nugget Nectar is too good to wait for!
  6. [​IMG]
    This was my local distributor last night. The whole pallet had been untouched all day and I ended up being the first to buy a case. Drank two last night. As good as ever.
  7. My ‘accounting’ of that picture is that your distributor received 28 cases of Nugget Nectar. At the beer distributor that I went to last Tuesday (1/22) over 40% of that pallet was already ‘out the door’ before I stepped in:

“I was at a local beer distributor today (1/22/13) to pick up a case of Lagunitas sucks. As I approached the door some guy was loading at least 12 cases of Nugget Nectar into the trunk of his big car.”

Cheers!
  8. Blanco

Blanco Savant (490) Pennsylvania Oct 11, 2008

Nugget Nectar is usually easy to find if you go to many of small distributors that barely cater to the craft beer crowd, but still carry some locals. They usually have plenty if your usual spot sells out.
    digdug1810 likes this.
  9. joeebbs

joeebbs Savant (360) Pennsylvania Apr 29, 2009

Picked up a couple of 12 ozs today. Can't wait to drink some Nugget this fresh!
  10. jiboo22

jiboo22 Aficionado (210) New Jersey May 24, 2005

FYI - Hunterdon just posted to their FB page that NN will be released the week of 2/4!? Not sure what changed from the original date that Troegs has been posting of 1/28 for the NJ market....
  11. if the street date of the 1/28 from troegs means that when it'll go out to Hunterdon then they'll release the next week.. that could be the way this is working, even if by that it means Troegs drives truck to hunterdon on the 28th.. hunterdon lets it sit in there warehouse till 2/4.. i mean i guess they could start the day after the 29th, but then that means when the do the stores that get stuff on Mondays they'll have to include their NN then, so maybe they are just avoiding that and going to start from the top of the week with Monday on 2/4 and push it all out by 2/8.

Anybody know if what hunterdon is getting is the same batch/bottle date as what is already out there? I hope it's a fresher batch at least : / Not that it's crucial but i like to get it as fresh as possible when buying a case
  12. artt313

artt313 Aspirant (35) Jan 19, 2013

Yea that's the one. None of the NJ locations I've seen it at discount for cases. I can try Freehold Shoprite or was maybe thinking Joe Canal's down in the Princeton area (close to work for me). *** Definitely a case if not more :)
  13. I'm guessing Pittsburgh won't be getting this for another week or two. I hate waiting.
  14. I gotta stop reading these posts. Now I'm jonesing for one.
    cavedave likes this.
  15. Not sure of the situation at Freehold ShopRite anymore (the "beer guy" I used to deal with is long gone) but Joe Canal's routinely has gotten NN in pallet quantities for the last few years - paid $40.99 a case in '11 (skipped last year).

Just down Quakerbridge Rd. a bit is Glendale Liquors - they don't carry a lot of craft but usually get a few cases of the best sellers/seasonals and will often be priced cheaper than even JC's.
  16. slentz

slentz Savant (310) Pennsylvania Mar 20, 2010

The bottles I have from 1/8/13 are not very good at all. Tastes like it is 6+ months old. Anyone else have the same bottling date? What did you think?
    skinsfan likes this.
  17. skinsfan

skinsfan Advocate (600) Maryland May 24, 2005

Uh oh. Has not hit down here in DC area yet, but this sounds eerily similar to last year. Very inconsistent taste amongst different batches. In years past I have gone through a couple cases each year, but after last year I am going to start with a 6 pack and see whats up first before I buy more.
  18. Not sure what the bottling date is on mine, but I drank two more last night and it was almost impossible not to crack another open.

19. I have had bottles form 1/12-1/19-1/03 and all were awesome.

Either you got a bad batch or you just dont like Nugget Nectar anymore because IMO this year blows last year out of the water
    FatBoyGotSwagger and jiboo22 like this.
  20. I have a case from 1/17 and it's definitely off, similar to what Slentz experienced above. Contacted Troegs and they are swapping out the case for me. Great customer service.
  21. joeebbs

The bottle date on mine was not very readable but it did have a 13 in the year and it tasted awesome.
  22. sideshowe

sideshowe Savant (365) Pennsylvania Jun 20, 2008

Grabbed a case yesterday. Appears to have been bottled on 1/4, but it's hard to tell as the ink was half rubbed off. Gotta admit, I was expecting to be blown away from the reports I have been reading regarding this years batch, and I wasn't. Still ultimately a very good beer, and I wouldn't go as far as to say the bottle tasted 6+ months old, but the nose was rather weak and the hops weren't as vibrant. :( I'll have to open another one tonight in hopes that my palate was off last night.
  23. jiboo22

jiboo22 Aficionado (210) New Jersey May 24, 2005

If it's the same as in year's past, the bottled on date should be on the case and on the individual bottles themselves. I believe the case date was a "best by" date so just subtract the months back to January.
  24. DaGrizz

DaGrizz Savant (250) New Jersey Feb 22, 2012

What's everyone paying for a case in SEPA?
  25. I havent bought a case but if you buy 4-6 packs at Whole foods its only 44.
  26. sideshowe

$55 plus tax at Bella Vista
  27. DaGrizz

Damn and I thought the 50.99 I saw it for was bad. Haha. I was quoted prices between 50.99-46.99. Found a place in NE Philly that had it for 43.99. Little place called Beer Boyz. They had two cases. I grabbed one for me and one for a friend.
  28. sideshowe

Ah...Beer Boyz off Woodhaven. Pass by all the time, but never stop in. May have to now. I knew it was on the higher end, but they are literally around the corner from me. Bella Vista is usually a little more expensive for brands that they don't bring in.
  29. DaGrizz

I don't think that was that high. 43.99 seemed reasonable to me. Especially when quoted 50.99 from other places.
  30. sideshowe

I was referring to it being hgih at BV (around the corner from me).
  31. DaGrizz

Ahh.. I see I see...
  32. Last year at a shop that will go un-named so as to keep my NN honey hole alive I paid ~$38-39. If they got more than 3 cases i'd let the cat out of the bag, but it's my NN Ace up my sleeve as many places in NJ last year were only doing a single 6 pack a person or maybe even worse.. crazy i know. $44-50 range is what a case should go for, something tells me Troegs doesn't charge much more than $30.. that is pure speculation but I can't be too far off can I?
  33. Paid ~$48 at Frosty Caps in Willow Grove yesterday. Better than the $60/case i've been hearing elsewhere
  34. $43.99 per case at good ol' Tanczos in Bethlehem.
  35. joeebbs

It sounds like the price of a case may have gone done from previous years since they can pump out more? I remember a buddy of mine getting one for $60 before their move to Hershey.
  36. Troegs Nugget Nectar Ale Bottles, have arrived. They run $45.99 + tax for 24/12oz Bottles.
    dborginis likes this.
  37. ESHBG

ESHBG Aficionado (195) Pennsylvania Jul 30, 2011

Whole Foods in Plymouth Meeting has a ton at $10.99, Wegmans in KOP has a lot at $12.99, and it looks like Capone's has a few cases on hand but only had a few sixers out when I stopped by, and I think the price was $13.75 (it was $13.something). I grabbed just a single one because I haven't had it in years and wanted to give it another shot. Much like Sierra Nevada Celebration (not making a style comparison here, just using a comparable seasonal and well sought after release), I think NN is a great beer and good for what it is, but I don't quite get the hype and hysteria this beer can sometimes cause. :confused:
  38. Mcooly

Mcooly Savant (275) New Jersey Feb 19, 2011

I picked up a case yesterday at Bell Beverage and it was 46 and some change.
  39. Zaffa

Zaffa Disciple (65) Delaware Nov 16, 2008

$45 + change, incl tax at Waywood Beverage in Kennett Sq.
  40. Is this in DC anywhere (Logan Square area)?