1. The wait is over! Download the BeerAdvocate app on iTunes or Google Play now.
  2. Get 12 issues / year of BeerAdvocate magazine for only $9.99!

OB Gubna

Discussion in 'Beer Talk' started by MVP09, Dec 22, 2012.

?

An

1. Yes

22 vote(s)
    81.5%
  2. No

5 vote(s)
    18.5%
  1. MVP09

MVP09 Savant (365) Massachusetts Oct 19, 2012

Just had my first it was canned in July 2012. It's Dec 21. 10abv am I missing anything vs a fresh can. It tasted like a less hot devil dancer. So I thought it was good.
  2. joakley

joakley Zealot (85) North Carolina Aug 17, 2009

Love the gubna one of my favorites. I think gubna, dales and g'knight are all excellent. I believe the cans really help preserve the taste.
    BigGriff likes this.
  3. If you got alot of onions and weed, then it's probably a fair representation.
  4. Loved it the 1st time i tried it and just ok the next few times. Will drink it again but won't go out of my way to get it.
  5. Derranged

Derranged Advocate (500) New York Mar 7, 2010

When I had it there was no onion flavor whatsoever. Twas very malty and enjoyable.
    hardy008 likes this.
  6. Its a good beer, but as usual, way overpriced, theres better stuff out there. If its not over the top hoppy, and pretty hot/alcohol, it might be a bit old.
  7. lsummers

lsummers Advocate (535) California Jun 21, 2010

I liked it and thought about how it was great to have a good imperial stout in a can. It was pretty fantastic but narwhal might prevent me from buying more
  8. You're thinking of Ten Fiddy.
  9. vthippie

vthippie Aficionado (180) Vermont Dec 18, 2012

Tried when I was out in CO last year, I enjoyed it and found it refreshing to have a big beer that wasn't the typical DIPA/RIS/Barleywine styles.
  10. vthippie

vthippie Aficionado (180) Vermont Dec 18, 2012

Also just an aside, not sure if you can edit a thread title but I think people are reading "OB" as 08, I almost responded as such before giving it a second glance.
  11. Derranged

Derranged Advocate (500) New York Mar 7, 2010

Some places think its cute to charge $17.99 for it, without labeling the price so you wont know until its scanned. Cheapest ive seen it in lower NY is 14.99, which is still too much.
  12. nc41

nc41 Advocate (650) North Carolina Sep 25, 2008

13. Never got any liver and onions or anything along those lines. I always got a good amount of pineapple. Always enjoyed it fresh or aged.
  14. lsummers

lsummers Advocate (535) California Jun 21, 2010

That's right! Gubna I don't remember how it tastes, off to try it bbl!
  15. rubicat

rubicat Aficionado (120) Ohio Nov 22, 2012

I like summit, but Gubna is summit overload IMO. Deviant is about right.
  16. Gubna is just too overpriced to buy regularly. The only time I drink it is at a nearby taco bar that sells it for $4 a can and they're always fresh. Can't justify spending $15 for a four pack, even if it is a better value. Plus my local liquor store had cans that were a year old recently. Blech
  17. Pelican5

Pelican5 Savant (310) California Feb 4, 2012

Onion Bomb
  18. A big no from me due to the onions and garlic presence the hops have in this one.
    SaigonDaze likes this.