1. The wait is over! Download the BeerAdvocate app on iTunes or Google Play now.
  2. Get 12 issues / year of BeerAdvocate magazine for only $9.99!

Odell Lugene Chocolate Milk Stout

Discussion in 'US - Mountain' started by imperialbeerdude, Jan 3, 2013.

1. I know this has appeared in Ft. Collins, has anyone see it near Denver?

2. bigaltemple

bigaltemple Savant (270) Colorado May 2, 2011

Thought I read a post or thread stating the release was the 6th. Would expect it to really start hitting shelves next week sometime.

3. drumrboy22

drumrboy22 Savant (460) Colorado Jul 22, 2005

Yep, release party at the brewery on Sunday. 4-packs should be hitting the area soon after that. Looking forward to trying this one.

4. Dtapeski

Dtapeski Aficionado (185) Colorado Oct 26, 2012

I am not there, but Euclid Hall Facebook page states it was going to tap it tonight at 7pmalong with FW XVI, Double DBA and Parabola

drumrboy22 likes this.
  5. CK21

CK21 Aficionado (200) Colorado Feb 6, 2011

4-packs should start hitting tomorrow along with the Red

denver10 likes this.
  6. denver10

denver10 Champion (890) Kentucky Nov 17, 2010

Lugene AND Red released together...happy days.

SalukiAlum likes this.
  7. Hindsight

Hindsight Aficionado (245) Ohio Oct 8, 2011

I am going to be in Greeley, CO starting on Monday. Can anyone tell me if 1) I will still have a pretty good chance of picking up some of this? 2) If there has been any word from your local shops if there will be a limit to this or is this going to be a pretty large distro?

8. SFACRKnight

SFACRKnight Advocate (595) Colorado Jan 20, 2012

just got a four pack at parker payless.

ssteigerwald likes this.
  9. I'll be heading over there shortly then

10. Steve_0

Steve_0 Savant (265) Colorado Mar 14, 2012

I am sure you will be able to grab some if it has already hit Greeley.

11. SFACRKnight

no limit, looks like they have a ton. It's in the cooler, and on the shelves. They had it sitting with 12X of 90 shilling with a sticker for 17$ a 12 pack. I thought it was for the stout. Unfortunately I was very wrong. 10.99 a 4x.

12. HoldenDurden

HoldenDurden Savant (280) Illinois Nov 27, 2011

Was the Red available too?

13. $17 for a 12 pack would be fantastic...but the $10.99/4 is what I was expecting.

Very curious to try it later tonight

14. Dtapeski

Dtapeski Aficionado (185) Colorado Oct 26, 2012

Just got this from Tipsy's in Littleton; they also had Red. Also grabbed a 6pack of GD Orabelle; Belgian Style trippel. I follow GD pretty closely and was completely unaware of this beer. Not to hijack the thread, but has anyone had it?

15. Had it on draft a few times, it's a decent trippel. Nice to see a reasonably priced one in 6 packs. Same for Collette, not many good farmhouse ales available at that price

16. I really hope the Odell Red has hit metro Denver today, been waiting all year for more of this

denver10 likes this.
  17. tacosandbeer

tacosandbeer Savant (420) Colorado Sep 24, 2010

Stopped by Lukas. "Won't get it til next week".

18. SFACRKnight

I heard orabelle is the new hades, and hades is going, well, to hades. Its a shame too, hades was my go to beer this summer.

19. SFACRKnight

Drive the extra ten minutes to parker.

sir-knifes-alot likes this.
  20. tacosandbeer

tacosandbeer Savant (420) Colorado Sep 24, 2010

Next time I'll start at Parker ;-)

sir-knifes-alot likes this.
  21. denver10

Just got back from the store and picked up a 4 pack of Lugene and a six pack of Red. Sipping on this Lugene right now and its damn tasty, like an adults chocolate milk. Can't wait to check the most recent batch of Red next, possibly my favorite beer from Odell (probably a tie between it and their IPA).

SalukiAlum likes this.
  22. Hugo's on 13th has both Lugene and Red on shelves according to their facebook page. And if you buy it all before I get there I will cut you.

23. denver10

This is a seasonal release not a limited release so I don't see why you would not be able to find it or that there should be any limits to how much of it you could buy.

24. Thanks for the heads up, now I don't have to drive all over the place looking. Don't worry I'll save you some.

Or maybe not, come at me bro

25. SFACRKnight

You should. I still have two abyss in the shop fridge. Thank god nobody here knows WTF abyss is.

tacosandbeer likes this.
  26. ArrogantB

ArrogantB Advocate (700) Colorado Jun 9, 2006

Thanks for the heads up, just bought the last five four-packs. Cheers!

27. FarmerTed

FarmerTed Savant (310) Colorado May 31, 2011

In other news, Lagunitas Sucks is finally frickin in Colorado. Can't wait to try that shit, it better not suck ass.

chicano4craft likes this.
  28. I'm very excited to try it too...but ive olny heard of Mile High having it, so I'll wait til it makes it further south

29. Fitshaced

Fitshaced Aficionado (220) Colorado Feb 29, 2012

$10.99 a 4 pack WTF??? That's more than i paid for Narwhal...

30. heyduke

heyduke Aficionado (170) Colorado Jan 14, 2011

Where did you see sucks?

31. Picked up a sixer of Odell Red and Lagunitas Sucks tonight, the latter is delicious, the former is next

32. FarmerTed

FarmerTed Savant (310) Colorado May 31, 2011

Mile High's newsletter said it came in today. I figure it will be all over in a few days. MH has a 4 six pack limit, lol.

33. Mile High had it, my girlfriend picked it up for me tonight but said she took the last six pack in the cooler, not sure if there was more in back

34. knucks999

knucks999 Aficionado (180) Colorado Sep 30, 2008

I'm sure there was, they can only fit so much on the shelf.

35. joshclauss

joshclauss Savant (305) Colorado Oct 31, 2010

I was thinking Lugene might be a little sweeter, like a Southern Tier-level special release sweetness. However, it's definitely not that level. It has enough carbonation to cut the sweetness and ends up being pretty much just what it says on the label. Much more roasty than bitter chocolate malt character.

36. Domingo

Domingo Champion (945) Colorado Apr 23, 2005

Odell's stuff is usually pretty dry when it comes to sweetness, so I'm not too surprised.

37. joshclauss

joshclauss Savant (305) Colorado Oct 31, 2010

Haha...quote of the year.

38. [​IMG]