Odell's Appreciation Thread

Discussion in 'Beer Talk' started by denver10, May 9, 2012.

1. denver10

denver10 Champion (900) Kentucky Nov 17, 2010

My apologies to all who don't fall into Odell's distribution region.

Pahn, Stwinchy, Domingo and 7 others like this.
  2. Bitterbill

Bitterbill Poobah (1,145) Wyoming Sep 14, 2002

I feel the same way. Sorry....for your damn luck.

3. I love Odell's! Unfortunately I don't fall into there distro. Probably my second favorite brewery just behind FFF.

4. one of my favorite breweries that came to MN, drinking a St Lupulin 2night

5. Aint that the truth! I picked up a sixxer of their IPA at an Albertson's while I was in Phoenix last month. Was definitely not expecting such a great beer to come out of that bottle, even for bottle drinking it. Its on the must get list every time I head that direction. Thankfully thats a few times a year.

Geuzedad likes this.
  6. denver10

denver10 Champion (900) Kentucky Nov 17, 2010

That was the beer the beer that inspired this thread. Been enjoying that one a ton lately.

7. I love Odell and their art work. I bought a ton of their regular line up on my drive across country and wish I always had access. Although the infected BB Porter I had the other night :/. But no worries because it happens to the best of them.

8. elshaggy

elshaggy Aficionado (205) Minnesota Jul 12, 2009

Excited for some St. Lupulin this summer! Spring's Red ale is really tasty too! I'm mixed on their large bottle offerings, I most enjoyed Footprint.

9. Bitterbill

Bourbon Barrel Stout?

10. Shenanigans was good, want to find a few more and age them and let the bret go nuts.

11. csano

csano Initiate (0) Washington Sep 21, 2010

I don't, but my mule-in-law does. Does that count?

AnotherImperial likes this.
  12. Bitterbill

Damn. I forgot to review it. I hope I can find some more in town.

13. I am both glad I opened mine and bummed to not have more.

14. Kinsman

Kinsman Advocate (600) California Aug 26, 2009

Just has my first Odell beer last week. A friend brought back a bottle of the Red Ale for me on his way back east recently. That one beer put the the brewery high on my list of beers to try whenever I find myself out west.

15. Steimie

Steimie Initiate (0) Michigan Jan 7, 2012

Myrcenary. If I could pick another beer to add to the Michigan beer population, I think this would be it.

16. They are not in my disto either but am glad I have a regular trade partner in Colorado that takes care of me. They are definitely in my top 5!

17. yemenmocha

yemenmocha Poobah (1,135) Arizona Jun 18, 2002

Arguably one of the best breweries available in Phoenix area.

Love Odell IPA, St.Lupulin...

Zimbo likes this.
  18. had a taste of St Lupulin tonight at my local beer store, their rep was pouring stuff, that beer is excellent, perfect summer beer.

19. myersk27

myersk27 Savant (410) Indiana Oct 21, 2011

love Myrcenary, wish i could get my hands on it more often....

20. Good brewery. Cutthroat Porter is top notch.

21. SalukiAlum

SalukiAlum Advocate (550) Colorado Dec 19, 2010

Double Pilsner just won a medal at WBC, Mountain Standard is a very good black IPA, great regular, sorta session type beers like 5 Barrel and 90 Schilling! Then IPA, Myrcenary and Red; what more can you say? Great pilots constantly on tap at the brewery as well. (also enjoyed the non infected BBS, Friek, Avant Peche, Footprints, Sabotuer, etc.) Nice living 4 miles from the brewery!

22. :(

Maybe someday...

23. Jason

Jason Founder (1,365) Massachusetts Aug 23, 1996 Staff Member

I'm lucky enough to try most ... have not pushed one away. Will be visiting them during GABF week in October. Can't wait!

creepinjeeper and goosewhisperer like this.
  24. SalukiAlum

especially on nitro!!!

25. I cannot say enough about Odell Brewing Company.

Their beers are exceptional, their charity is impressive, and the staff is such a class act. Odell has grown over the years, and unlike some breweries; still feels like the brewery I used to come to almost ten years ago. They hand craft their beer, don't use short cuts, and put some love into every product.

Any brewery can do well and look good when they succeed, but the test is in the challenge of stumbling. When they have something go a bit wrong, they take care of the customer and make things right.

Luckily Odell hits them out of the park 99% of the time. They love they get is well deserved.

26. alexipa

alexipa Savant (420) Colorado Oct 7, 2011

I love Odell. Awesome brewery!

Hopefully with their new brewery and expanded distro, Avery will enjoy the same fame one day.

27. Bmilla

Bmilla Zealot (90) Illinois Aug 10, 2010

Odell is amazing. We don't get them in Chicago, but whenever I go with my wife to visit her family in Nebraska, I head straight for the beer store and pick up some Odell IPA and Myrcenary. The IPA is insanely aromatic and delicious for a single IPA. One thing that I love is the clearly visible "best before" date. I would trade out availability of ANY Chicago-area brewery for regular access to Odell (and that includes FFF).

creepinjeeper likes this.
  28. Just killed a Myrcenary. Absolutely love everything about Odell.

Zimbo likes this.
  29. Got to try a lot of their lineup when I was in AZ in 2010. IPA, Pale, Saboteur, and Woodcut #3 were great. I'm in their distro area in CA if I want to drive 300 miles.

30. djsmith1174

djsmith1174 Savant (480) Minnesota Aug 21, 2005

Lotsa love for Odell. I think Myrcenary might be my favorite DIPA. Love the tropical fruit note I get in it. Everything that I've had from them I would buy again without hesitation.

31. So glad we get their stuff here in New Mexico. 90 Schillings, and their IPA are staples in my fridge. Their seasonals are fantastic as well, probably killed a case and a half of Mountain Standard this year. And got 2 four packs of their Imperial Pilsner.

32. for those that have had saboteur, should I open mine or let the bret progress more?

33. HopsMatt

HopsMatt Savant (470) Kentucky Dec 1, 2011

[​IMG]

Just got this the other day from doodler. I was blown away! I was hooked on Odells from my first bottle of Woodcut #2. Amazing stuff. That Myrcenary is no joke. Im in love with it!

34. their barrel aging program is no joke. one of their employees was doing a tasting and he was saying that they have a big temperature controlled room for all their barrel aged beers. that is dedication.

35. I've only been able to try a few brews from Odell's: IPA, Saboteur, and Bourbon Barrel Stout. Saboteur has been my favorite thus far- a great wild, IMO. Their IPA is legit, and I even found the infected Bourbon Barrel Stout to be decent for what it was. Great artwork/labels as well. Look forward to trying more from this brewery...

36. The Bourbon Barrel Stout on tap is quite a thing of beauty, as are Sabateur and Shenanigans. Enjoyed Footprint and Coconut Porter on cask during AZ beer week. It is safe to say that I feel spoiled by Odell. I can't say that for any other brewerys that distribute in AZ (besides Firestone Walker ;) )

37. I thought it was very tasty. Certainly would be fantastic with a little more age. Good thing I can just drive over to the store and pick up more. Also Shenanigans is still on the store shelves. Mercynary is always in my fridge. I've been adding it as an extra to almost all trades. I always have some Odell's in the fridge.

38. SalukiAlum

prefer it fresh, but that's just me

39. you can make it up to me by shipping me a six pack each of Myrcenary, 90 schilling ale and Odells Red.

40. crusian

crusian Advocate (620) Oregon May 14, 2010

Thought it was pretty boring. The St. Lupulins was decent on tap, but expected way more from shenanigans... then looked at the reviews... wish I looked at them before I bought it.

Mercenary is 4-packs...