1. The wait is over! Download the BeerAdvocate app on iTunes or Google Play now.
  2. Get 12 issues / year of BeerAdvocate magazine for only $9.99!

Official 4 Elf Party Countdown Thread

Discussion in 'US - Great Lakes' started by yeahnatenelson, Nov 9, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Less than a month away to 4 Elf. Who's coming, and more importantly, who am I going to have to help (read: drag) back to the hotel?

claaark13 likes this.
  2. camil1mj

camil1mj Savant (405) Michigan Oct 4, 2010

I will see you there.

3. Gonzoillini

Gonzoillini Advocate (655) Illinois Oct 15, 2008

How about stumbling with style?

yeahnatenelson likes this.
  4. immobilisme

immobilisme Savant (380) Illinois Nov 8, 2005

Where are people staying? The Comfort Inn?

5. Yes, and I think they were running out of doubles when I got my reservation a few weeks ago. GO GO GO!

6. immobilisme

immobilisme Savant (380) Illinois Nov 8, 2005

Oh, i reserved my shit like a month ago. 4Elf is where my girlfriend wanted to go for her birthday, so I politely obliged.

cfrances33 likes this.
  7. Mscarpen

Mscarpen Savant (335) Tennessee Apr 2, 2011

I'm be new to the 4ELF scene, but I'll be there!

8. I made reservations at Comfort Inn yesterday and they still had rooms.

9. founder26

founder26 Savant (460) Michigan Sep 9, 2009

living close enough to dark horse I will be there with another BA and it will be my first time, can't wait!

10. ravot

ravot Savant (460) Illinois Mar 20, 2012

is this event ticketed?

11. normyk

normyk Savant (260) Ohio Dec 10, 2007

My favorite party of the year - I and a number of my Ohio brethren will be in attendance.

12. woodchopper

woodchopper Savant (355) Illinois Jul 31, 2010

Last year it was the guy that was bragging about being the 1st one in line..... He was wearing the surly coat and was shit faced......
    Normally i would give someone a ride but i thought a # for a cab was a better idea so when he blew chucks it would not be in my car

:)

13. Tnudish

Tnudish Initiate (0) Wisconsin Feb 16, 2012

I believe I will be making my triumphant return this year. Whose got floor space and doesn't mind puke stains?!?!

14. dblab33

dblab33 Savant (345) Michigan Dec 9, 2011

Chooooo choooooo.

sarro likes this.
  15. If nobody else will take you, you can crash on our floor.

16. Tnudish

Deal! I might just grab an extra room in case there are more bums finding their way up there.

17. MarcatGSB

MarcatGSB Initiate (0) Michigan Jan 8, 2011

Got a room at the Comfort Inn... Sooo no sleeping/puking/peeing in the Dark Horse parking lot at 5 in the morning for me this year. Can't wait! Any word on if and quantity BA Plead will be available?

18. monitorpop

monitorpop Advocate (505) Michigan Oct 28, 2007

I'm planning on it again this year.

19. Lansman

Lansman Savant (400) Illinois Mar 19, 2011

We're staying at a place within walking/stumbling distance through AirBnB that we booked at the end of June. I'll be bringing one of the few remaining bottles of 2010 BBPt5. Come find us!

MarcatGSB likes this.
  20. Awesome. I have a growler of Three Hour Tour I might save for this.

21. MarcatGSB

I will bring a bottle of King of the Forest and see how it's drinking.

Jakers90 likes this.
  22. Lansman

Lansman Savant (400) Illinois Mar 19, 2011

I'll make sure to save as many super hoppy over-the-top IPAs as I can scrounge up to pay you back in kind. :)

23. Oh no, please nuke this thread. This WAS my favorite event, but with this hype train not sure anymore.

I just hope the A-hole line jumpers from chicago stay home this year, or DH does a better job of policing the situation.

decadance, Urbancaver and steebo777 like this.
  24. camil1mj

camil1mj Savant (405) Michigan Oct 4, 2010

His BA name is FuriouslyDrJerk. He was definetly drunk, but was pretty friendly.

25. exitmusic00

exitmusic00 Savant (275) Oregon Mar 15, 2010

Damn, Chicago gets blamed for everything!

26. Tnudish

I am personally going to line jump you with 20 of my closest juggalo friends

FACE!

27. MarcatGSB

I didn't think line jumping was that big of a deal last year. Get your token, wait in line, give them your token, wait in line, buy beer.

28. Well I may just have to wear my ICP shirt then.

Considering they tried to cut in with me, and told me they were from Chicago, I think it is a valid statement.

29. woodchopper

woodchopper Savant (355) Illinois Jul 31, 2010

Oh ya he was nice but no puke n in the the mini cooper ;-)

30. burica2020

burica2020 Savant (400) Illinois Nov 17, 2009

I'm in, not that ya'll care. Just another faceless FIB'r trying to steal your beer.

31. Zaphog

Zaphog Champion (995) Michigan Sep 23, 2011

The wife, beergorrilla, JerryM1984 and I are going. We have a couple of rooms at the Comfort Inn. I'll be meeting up with genuinedisciple, Steimie and other BAs too.

32. Marti403

Marti403 Savant (470) Michigan Jul 23, 2011

Will be there....again.....will probably drink too much....again.....

33. Corbet

Corbet Savant (330) Michigan Nov 7, 2010

I feel like we actually need some concrete information before the hype train officially starts. Bottle limits? What beers available for sale? Tap list? Bottle sharing?

34. denimdemon

denimdemon Savant (410) Indiana Mar 8, 2009

Currently planning to be there. Last year was a great time...well, an expensive time, but a great time! Looking forward to this year's version of BBPt5.

35. steebo777

steebo777 Advocate (535) Michigan Jun 30, 2009

I'll be there, but I heard they aren't doing any bottle sales, just one bad ass party (aaahhhh the good ole days).

MarcatGSB and elephantrider like this.
  36. burica2020

burica2020 Savant (400) Illinois Nov 17, 2009

Also, do I need to present my Illinois ID to cut in line? Who hosts the FIB portion of the line that allows cutting? I got BALLER STOUT to entice a good line cut, I know how FIB's love Baller Stout.

drewba likes this.
  37. FIB 24/7

Gonzoillini and FlssmrBrewAlum like this.
  38. MarcatGSB

I'm pretty sure Pasta organized the line cutting for the FIB's last year...I owe him a taint tap for that this year. I know you or your boyfriend Frank are reading this, so be aware and prepared my friend.

Gonzoillini likes this.
  39. Steimie

Steimie Initiate (0) Michigan Jan 7, 2012

I will be attending my first 4 Elf, possibly with 1 or 2 other Detroit area BA's in tow. No idea what time we're arriving Saturday morning, but hoping we don't have to get there too ridiculously early.

40. dblab33

dblab33 Savant (345) Michigan Dec 9, 2011

There was actually a pretty insane amount of cutting last year... they were not checking tokens at all. Expect that to change this year. If DH doesn't regulate it better, don't be surprised if others in line take matters into their own hands.

Lots of the Michigan BAs that go to releases regularly know each other and don't just let people cut, not even on KBS day when it was clear tons of people were line jumping. I wish I could say the same about all of the other groups that come in from out of state. It's not just the Chicago guys.

sarro, normyk and iceatalamo like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.