Official 4 Elf Party Countdown Thread

Discussion in 'US - Great Lakes' started by yeahnatenelson, Nov 9, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. psykosis

psykosis Savant (370) Indiana May 21, 2009

I'm ok with either, though killing a 750 of that stuff solo would likely bury me. 12's would make more sense.

2. thetomG

thetomG Savant (430) Illinois Feb 17, 2010

Some people lined up in the morning but the majority came later that afternoon. I believe they began passing out tokens to mark your spot in line sometime just after 11:00 last year, but even if you weren't there right then, you could still get one whenever you arrived up until when the party actually began at like 3:00

IMO, no need to be there super early. Its a fun, all-day-well-into-the-evening party. Just come when you can and enjoy the event!

dblab33 likes this.
  3. steebo777

steebo777 Advocate (535) Michigan Jun 30, 2009

Exactly, this event is one where people don't need to get there early.

dblab33 likes this.
  4. raymo55

raymo55 Savant (475) Michigan Oct 3, 2011

Yeah...I got to DH around 2pm last year and that was quite early. Hell I even sat down and had a beer before I grabbed my token!

dblab33 likes this.
  5. Agreed, I didn't get there much before 2PM last year and had no trouble getting all the beer I wanted. It is an awesome party all around.

dblab33 likes this.
  6. surlytheduff

surlytheduff Savant (380) Michigan Jul 22, 2010

They will be in 12 oz bottles.

steebo777, psykosis and JohnB87 like this.
  7. syu3003

syu3003 Aficionado (205) Michigan May 4, 2011

I rearranged my work schedule so I can be there. So pumped. I missed the party last year so gonna go twice as hard this time!

8. Urbancaver

Urbancaver Advocate (520) Ohio Nov 13, 2009

FYI: ABSOLUTELY NO BOTTLE SHARING AT THIS EVENT
    Not in line, not inside...
    they were very strict about this last year

9. founder26

founder26 Savant (460) Michigan Sep 9, 2009

do you work at dh or know someone who does that told you this?

10. semibaked

semibaked Advocate (685) Kentucky Mar 27, 2007

This is exactly what they said last year

11. mike409

mike409 Aficionado (235) Michigan Jan 25, 2012

no he does not work at darkhorse

raymo55 likes this.
  12. BreakingBad

BreakingBad Initiate (0) Sep 17, 2012

where does it say this in writing?

13. Corbet

Corbet Savant (340) Michigan Nov 7, 2010

It doesn't, but you're welcome to ignore his advice and get yelled at when you try and open up a bottle on their premises.

14. BreakingBad

or I could just call a head of time u know...

15. kzoobrew

kzoobrew Champion (840) Michigan May 8, 2006

I am sure we could find local and state statutes which limit alcohol consumption in such an area or would make Dark Horse liable for the actions of anyone on their property. I mean I do not walk into anothers house and think I make the rules. Respect is a better route to take.

thetomG and Bay01 like this.
  16. BreakingBad

i bet you can find that at founders or three floyds or surly. Respect works both ways buddy, if people are going to show enough support to wait out in the cold for them the least they could do is let them have a beer.

17. thetomG

thetomG Savant (430) Illinois Feb 17, 2010

You and your common sense...

;)

18. kzoobrew

Your entitlement is one way buddy. The brewery tells you when they open and you show up early (by your own choice) and expect to be able to drink simply because you feel you should be able to? Let's think about this reasonably. Marshall is not Munster, Minneapolis or Grand Rapids. Maybe the local law enforcement are not so easy going about alcohol consumption in such an area. Do you know anything about the guys from Dark Horse? They are not the uptight bunch, if they say no drinking there is probably a good reason for it.

Put away the damn entitlement and show some respect.

19. denimdemon

denimdemon Savant (420) Indiana Mar 8, 2009

The point is that they don't actually WANT people to show up hours before they open, bringing beer to drink and share with them. They want people to show up when they open and are staffed and they want people to purchase their beer from them. It's not respect or a lack thereof, it's a business and the party itself doesn't even start for a few hours after they open for business.

20. mike409

if they want people to show up "when the party starts" why are they handing out chips at 11 instead of 3?

BreakingBad likes this.
  21. BreakingBad

lolol well we know who voted for romney. It is not a question of entitlement buddy. We do live in america and we are free to do what we please so long as it doesn't hurt others. If they want me to respect them then why shouldn't they should respect me enough to know I wouldn't make an ass out of myself. And this is all speculation so as far as I'm concerned until I see it in writing directly from Dark Horse you have no point.

22. BreakingBad

then why are they handing out tokens at 11 when it starts at 3??

23. stxSS07

stxSS07 Initiate (0) Illinois Nov 23, 2010

It's like a new brick pops out of your sh#tty wall every day Brohamid. What's your new account going to be named?

raymo55, steebo777 and kzoobrew like this.
  24. mike409

maybe they will allow sharing this year?;)

25. kzoobrew

Easy there Brohammed, your shortsightedness is making you look silly.

This is America, but we do not have the right to do whatever we want so long as we don't hurt anyone. There are rules and regulations we all must abide by or risk the penalty. Feel free to be a douche and ignore all this friends advice and disrespect your host for this event. Why would we be lying about such a thing?

iceatalamo, Bay01 and Mscarpen like this.
  26. BreakingBad

I thought we were over this silly name calling.

Either you are referring to me as a derogatory name
    or you are obsessed with some other dude that was a jerk on here or something.

I expect better of you as a grown man

27. Urbancaver

Because that is when they open for lunch :)

And no. I have no official association I was just there last year and watched dozens get yelled at, one person nearly get kicked out, and the Marshall police drive through the parking lot a half dozen times

BreakingBad likes this.
  28. Urbancaver

It is highly illegal for them to allow you to open a beer on their property. While many local police (see: founders, surly) do not enforce it the Marshall police do

BreakingBad likes this.
  29. kzoobrew

Other people seem to be in on the joke, I think there may be something to my comments.

Either way, you are avoiding the excellent points I am raising in the rest of my posts. I am guessing you have no response. It is okay, my common sense can be overwhelming at times.

Etan likes this.
  30. BreakingBad

see I have no problem with being rational like this and just explaining calmly. It's when people just say stuff like "you need some respect" is when I get irritated. I think the real person who is entitled is the person who's state this release is in. Sorry to say just cause you live in the same state as a brewery doesn't mean you speak on their behalf.

31. BreakingBad

what excellent points? have you addressed mine? i don't think so. You cannot have a good discussion with someone if you are full of yourself and refuse to look at the other side. Anyways this is getting way far off topic of beer If you are fine with agreeing to disagree i'm fine with it.

32. kzoobrew

Look at the string of comments that where made prior, this was previously explained calmly.

33. mike409

you sure you can go in the taproom this year?
    Tokens will be handed out at 11am at the Beer Garten Brewery Door. You are more than welcome to hang out in the Beer Garten (not the parking lot) or taproom once you have received your token, or hell….go cruise the town of Marshall. Prior to 3pm, it will be your responsibility to line up at the Brewery Garten door in order of your token number

34. Urbancaver

As someone who was standing next to me last year while they explained, yelled, and threatened people with that very strict rule I think Kevin is more than fit to speak on their behalf. Anyone who has been to a dark horse event ( which I realize is not many people) knows this rule and those of us who spect the brewery respect it :)

BreakingBad likes this.
  35. BreakingBad

you started off by insulting my and saying I felt "entitled" and then you go back to the same insult you always give me when we disagree. Look I agreed with you on the Backwoods Bastard thing But this I happen to differ. I will email dark horse and if they say it's not aloud I will respect them.

36. Urbancaver

Yes.
    You are more than welcome to hang out in the... Tap room once you have received your token.
    Unless things have changed, dark horse holds normal hours during the event. The event is in the brewery so the taproom can remain fully functional

37. BreakingBad

thanks for not referring to me as "entitled" I will be sure to trust your word.

38. mike409

yea i was there last year very bummed i cant make it this time. i took a nap in my car :)

39. kzoobrew

Wrong again. This was my first remark.
    Then you made an entitled statement and I pointed it out.

Also, I am not insulting you. Just referring to you my your previous user name. Why would you have picked an insulting username in the past?

oh and its allowed.

40. Damn! Beat me to it!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.