Official Dark Horse 4 Elf Party Thread

Discussion in 'US - Great Lakes' started by Lansman, Dec 6, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BOBPINCH666

BOBPINCH666 Savant (345) New York Feb 21, 2011

Sooo anybody have any good pics of the Monster29 label? Sour 3 Guy?

2. BUNZILLA

BUNZILLA Champion (795) Indiana Jan 14, 2011

I would like to send a huge thank you to all the great people at Dark Horse. What great event I'm a fan for life :). All the staff are classy and very attentive . Big ups to all the guys helping people to their cars with their beer .

3. Lansman

Lansman Savant (410) Illinois Mar 19, 2011

4. BOBPINCH666

Incredible, thanks. REALLY relieved they didn't fuck up the design - one of my favorite labels!

5. burica2020

burica2020 Savant (430) Illinois Nov 17, 2009

Do u seriously not get jokes and sarcasm? I'm sittin listen to this band, come meet me. Ill sell u my bourbon county coffee for 150 bucks. But seriously, come the fuck on, I'm joking.

6. Lansman

Lansman Savant (410) Illinois Mar 19, 2011

Here is the BB Monster 29:
    [​IMG]

7. MarcatGSB

MarcatGSB Initiate (0) Michigan Jan 8, 2011

I'm heading back and gonna mess all you young boys and girls up! Yes sir.

8. BreakingBad

BreakingBad Initiate (0) Sep 17, 2012

Name one post where i tried to just trade bc nuff said

9. DanH11

DanH11 Aficionado (170) Illinois Feb 26, 2012

I feel like its February/March 2012 all over again.

pschul4 likes this.
  10. splax23

splax23 Aficionado (145) Michigan Feb 3, 2009

One less Chicago line cutter next year

11. adamdd

adamdd Savant (330) Michigan May 9, 2011

It's like deja vu all over again.

Dark Horse does things their way. You know how this is if you've ever been there before. Contrary to popular belief, they aren't a huge operation. Several of the guys moving beer out on dollys don't work there. All in all, it was a really fun and long day. Enjoy your beer and quit complaining.

Spartan213, raymo55, MichPaul and 4 others like this.
  12. lurchingbeast

lurchingbeast Initiate (0) Illinois Feb 19, 2009

Breakingbad cut 158 people. What a bad person.

13. elephantrider

elephantrider Savant (275) Michigan Mar 25, 2011

Any bbpt5th left?

szmnnl99 likes this.
  14. jbck109

jbck109 Savant (365) Michigan May 30, 2010

Bottles say 17% on both the Ba and regular monster

15. dblab33

dblab33 Savant (365) Michigan Dec 9, 2011

This was actually better than last year. BreakingBad is insane, we never waited more than 5 min in the draft lines. Getting hammered and enjoying the party. Awesome time for sure.

raymo55 likes this.
  16. beerhan

beerhan Savant (400) Ohio Apr 28, 2010

From what I gathered dark horse was trying to throw an awesome party and their service was truly amazing. The guys working there wso friendly and even though it was a cluster they still chatted and joked around. That bottle line was something though...but the draught list was out of this world and bbl monster was great. My only advice is either move the bottle release to a different day then the party or lessen the variety to speed up sales. Seriously though I have never seen such a ridiculous lineup of food at a brewery served by super nice people.

1koolspud and BreakingBad like this.
  17. dblab33

Plead the 5th just sold out. BA Monster ran out a few minutes ago.

18. travMI13

travMI13 Savant (365) Michigan Jan 7, 2012

Dammit. Owned. Iso a 4-pack, if anyone wants to sell one who is still here.

19. dblab33

I hear there's a dude selling 4 packs for $50 in the parking lot.

20. kort27

kort27 Savant (260) Illinois Apr 23, 2009

Around what number did those sell out at?

21. This event was terribly run. With that said, all of the Dark Horse people were very nice and helpful. I was number 186 and didn't get through the bottle line until 8pm... that's 5 hours! Of course I wasn't dumb enough to stand in that line until about 20 minutes before I got my bottles. The tap list was nice. I would have preferred taster size options since the tap list was so expansive. What probably annoyed me the most was that my girlfriend went up and bought two pizzas for our group and it cost $45. $45 seriously. All in all, I had a good time - sharing bottles while waiting for tokens, sharing tap beers with friends, and meeting new people. They really just needed more people working the check out.

claaark13, BreakingBad and Lukafer like this.
  22. BUNZILLA

Can someone tell me why breakingbad is so disrespectful ?

steebo777 likes this.
  23. elephantrider

elephantrider Savant (275) Michigan Mar 25, 2011

Cuz he is mad bro.

24. Lukafer

Lukafer Savant (370) Michigan Dec 18, 2009

Jesus Christ, one of the worst releases/parties I've ever been to. What a fucking joke, Dark Horse did a horrible job IMO. I've been to a lot of releases/breweries, and Dark Horse used to be on of my favorites. Haha, what a fucking joke! I'll definitely expand upon my opinion tomorrow, but I will NOT be supporting these high school amateurs any more. Fuck, what a waste of my weekend, thanks Dark Horse!

25. BOBPINCH666

Please don't.

dvelcich, TheMonk41, MichPaul and 4 others like this.
  26. Shagtastic

Shagtastic Initiate (0) Indiana Jul 30, 2011

Always has been. Just waiting for him to go postal and Bad Trader on someone. Its immanent

Franch likes this.
  27. allisflux

allisflux Disciple (55) Indiana Feb 15, 2010

Really quite unfortunate. Waited forever in line, tried to be positive and cheer up people around me.
    Unfortunately, someone threw a full cup of beer at our area of the line. I reported it to the front of line staff and was told that I needed to find someone with a Security badge. When I did, he said it wasn't his area. Not blaming Dark Horse for the beer thrown, but based on the response and handling of the event, I won't be back. You can't expect unpaid volunteers to respond to this type of childish drunken assault. Hire an event planner, please.

28. BUNZILLA

All I can see I hundreds of beer enthusiasts enjoying themselves ... it must suck to be so uptight that can't enjoy yourself drinking great beer in a great brewery

29. burica2020

burica2020 Savant (430) Illinois Nov 17, 2009

jesus, the ISO:FT forum is already full of you guys putting stuff up. It hasnt even been 24 hours.

30. ravot

ravot Savant (460) Illinois Mar 20, 2012

in the 280's and our group missed out on BBL plead. it was maybe 15 people in front of us before they kicked, about 830pm.
    picked up on regular monster, really good. but the BBL monster was best in show. easily. picked up on militigan and king of the forest. someone said king of the forest was all acetone, regular militigan was good so i expect the BA version to be better. Burica said to stay away from the dark horse sours. YES stay away, BUT death star lover was good. the lambeeks and aigre plead were drain pours. literally. i was excited to buy these beers but i passed and saved a lot of money. a lot. but dark horse did good in having taps on all available beers to try.

the line did take forever to purchase bottles. i'll say it was extremely slow at a rate of 25 people an hour. bummed yeah, but i'm not hating that dark horse tried

31. Lukafer

No problem rookie!

32. Lukafer

Oh, you're to cute! But honestly, one day you should roll off of your couch/bed and join us at one of these releases, it's pretty fun!

33. pschul4

pschul4 Advocate (625) Illinois Jan 7, 2011

o_O

Take it easy man, we understand you didn't have a good time. Next year you can save yourself the trouble and stay home. Everything will be okay, I promise <3

JohnB87, MichPaul, Spartan213 and 3 others like this.
  34. denimdemon

denimdemon Savant (420) Indiana Mar 8, 2009

Yeah, this was a shitshow. My wife got pelted with a nearly full beer someone threw and after talking to DH personnel at both the bottle table ("Find someone with a security badge.") and a security person ("Oh, I'm not working in *that* area.") with not so much as an apology or an attempt to sort out those too drunk to still be there, she got frustrated and headed to the car. It was a capper to a relatively disappointing day (I know, get there earlier, bro...I get it, 10:15ish wasn't early enough this year) and it left a poor taste regarding Dark Horse. To their credit, I mentioned it to the dude taking tokens and he was unhappy that happened and said if he were her, he'd not give them anymore money tonight either.

I had a decent time and saw some friends and tasted some great beers but some simple measures could have made it a lot better. I guess if you got there at 7:00 and got faced bottle sharing and give no shits about those less hardcore than you, cheers to you. Cool, glad you got your $600 order and can trade it all. Hope you get your Cherry Rye out of it and continue to suck the fun out of an enjoyable hobby. That's all of my sour grapes for now...

35. landrewg

landrewg Aficionado (245) Michigan Nov 11, 2008

What a clusterfuck!! 250 people thru the line in 6 hours! I had number 330 something and had to leave at 9 and couldn't spend my 250 to 300 bucks for I don't know what reason.
    Great tap list and great party but very, very disapointed.

BreakingBad likes this.
  36. sullenbee

sullenbee Savant (340) Michigan Jan 15, 2010

I'm damn sad I missed the party.

37. mcrago

mcrago Savant (395) Indiana Oct 6, 2012

I was planning to stop at DH tomorrow to purchase some "leftovers". Anything worthy still there?

38. dblab33

This is insane to me. We were 104 and 105 last year and didnt get bottles until 6:30 pm. This year they were on 100 by 5:30ish and there was a shit ton more beer to choose from. A lot more people showed up this year and there's not much DH could do about that. There was not much grumbling last year even though the line moved much slower.

Props to the DH crew for another killer 4 elf. Can't wait for next year.

JohnB87, MichPaul, Spartan213 and 5 others like this.
  39. Lukafer

Oh, I thought people want opinions on this site, maybe you don't, but I'd suspect most do! First,when you wait in line for anywhere between 4-6 hours, and get shut out of a release, youre not too happy, you're bound to not give positive feedback, and pschul4, maybe you should go to some releases so you have something to base your "opinion" on. I've been to plenty and this was one of the most amateurish I've been to. Fuck DH.

BreakingBad likes this.
  40. Bay01

Bay01 Savant (445) Illinois Nov 19, 2008

^^^^ Nickelback fan

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.