1. Extreme Beer Fest. March 20 & 21, 2015 in Boston, Mass. Join us!
  2. The wait is over! Download the BeerAdvocate app on iTunes or Google Play now.
  3. Get 12 issues / year of BeerAdvocate magazine for only $9.99!

Official Dark Lord Day Tix Thread

Discussion in 'US - Great Lakes' started by TIMMYJ21, Mar 17, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. what a shitty outlook.

2. Then by all means take up mead drinking

beergurujr and StuartCarter like this.
  3. cadizkyguy

cadizkyguy Savant (330) Kentucky Mar 17, 2008

Now I wonder, having seen the actual tickets on ebay, about counterfeit tickets popping up. These don't look too difficult to duplicate.

[​IMG]

4. jpsy422

jpsy422 Savant (300) Illinois Jul 12, 2009

You didn't happen to notice the ticket stock its printed on with MT watermarking, and microprinting on the edges and likely a block of text on the back explaining rules, regulations, and other legal jargon, did you?

5. Rempo

Rempo Initiate (0) Indiana Jan 18, 2010

Hypothetical: people are out there with tickets who wish people would mule for them. If only they had someone reliable to contact...

MordorMongo likes this.
  6. Tickets looked like this last year as well.

7. beerhan

beerhan Savant (395) Ohio Apr 28, 2010

I am just trying to picture this. There was the huge line that went out by all the cars. Was that the line to get in or the line to buy beer or both? If it was for both where do they split off inside?

8. EricCioe

EricCioe Savant (460) Montana Aug 7, 2010

Hard for me to say because I was inside and three sheets by the time you got there.

When we got there before the gates opened, we were maybe 200 yards from the entrance. We got in and there was a line for beer that started at the back of the warehouse and wound through stanchions and out towards the portajohns. The guest draft line was nearby also.

9. bainard

bainard Aficionado (245) Illinois Mar 15, 2006

How's the line looking for the BA bottles? I'm considering a bike ride down there but likely wouldn't arrive until 6pm CDT or so.

10. The sense of entitlement on display in this thread is staggering.

Also, all of you complaining about scalpers, do you really think that the scalpers are making that much of a difference? There are less than 35 auctions on ebay right now. With thousands of people trying to get tickets, how much difference would it really have made to have these ~70 tickets still for sale?

miller2112 likes this.
  11. beergurujr

beergurujr Savant (350) Illinois Oct 27, 2003

Hey! Mead is great stuff. I'm liking mead a whole lot better these days- at least I can get it.

12. TapeDeck

TapeDeck Aficionado (240) Illinois Mar 31, 2011

I thought those were the temp tickets last year... I had a lot to drink so maybe I'm mis-remembering, but didn't we get the golden tickets by mail? Or was that XV? Man, it's all a blur. :)

13. Those auctions represent people who have extra tickets, and are selling those extra tickets. I'm not sure about the figure of ~70 tickets being scalped in total, but I'm sure there are 70 people on BA that would have appreciated getting the tickets more than the scalpers will make on them.

With that said, I'll have extras after I figure out how to recreate the hologram.

14. Yeah, ultimately there are probably more than 70 tickets being scalped in total. People on BA can still get them; they just have to pay a bit extra. Either way, there will always be a bunch of people who won't be able to get tickets. At least with the scalping, you can get them if you are willing to pay extra.

I'm going to assume you are joking and refrain from further comment.

15. You know what they say about assumptions... and I never joke.

16. Is the point of this to create a clusterfuck for DLD?

17. Lol, my sarcasm does not translate well here apparently. DLD already is a clusterfsck.

18. I think it just might be how difficult it is to detect sarcasm online any time. And yes, I agree. A wonderful clusterfusck.

19. WITTBEER

WITTBEER Aficionado (245) Illinois Jan 12, 2008

FT: 2010 DL, ISO: DL ticket.

20. My avatar should be a clue to most to take very little I say seriously.

Did you pay for an argument?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.