1. Extreme Beer Fest. March 20 & 21, 2015 in Boston, Mass. Join us!
  2. The wait is over! Download the BeerAdvocate app on iTunes or Google Play now.
  3. Get 12 issues / year of BeerAdvocate magazine for only $9.99!

Official Dark Lord Day Tix Thread

Discussion in 'US - Great Lakes' started by TIMMYJ21, Mar 17, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TapeDeck

TapeDeck Aficionado (240) Illinois Mar 31, 2011

I understand why you'd think that. But I simply EXPECTED to get the shaft. I have never sold or muled beer not a ticket. You'll see me at the front of the line like last year and XV. It's less that I want to support scalping, and more that I won't miss this, and fully expected my shit Internet to wuss out on me.

2. TapeDeck

TapeDeck Aficionado (240) Illinois Mar 31, 2011

Oh. Dat weren't me. I presumed the arrow up was toward me.

3. No boysoul for you.

4. stxSS07

stxSS07 Initiate (0) Illinois Nov 23, 2010

Haha no sir. I expected to get shafted today too after my pre-5am KBS fiasco. Shoot me a BM when we get closer to DLD so we can share some brews there.

5. stxSS07

I don't know how me posting factual information about you trying to sell DLD tickets (oh wait that was your roommate) makes me a troll.

MordorMongo likes this.
  6. Well since that was my roommate, and I have 3 friends who will be joining me on DLD (maybe more if I can secure some more tickets), I'm not sure (nor care) if you believe that I truly would scalp tickets.

Regardless, there's no benefit to selling the tickets. The beer is much more valuable.

7. paslaugh

paslaugh Aficionado (170) Illinois Feb 17, 2012

Regards,

Butthurt.

There are seriously 10,000 people trying for 1,000 tickets. The status quo is pretty much the best way to do it.

8. aasher

aasher Champion (900) Indiana Jan 27, 2010

It's a crapshoot. Don't take it so personally. Beer releases are nuts these days.

crossovert and MordorMongo like this.
  9. stxSS07

I'm just intrigued by your semi-defense of eBayers that you conveyed in various threads throughout the day. If you're just being cynical then by all means continue...sometimes it gets tricky to interpret tone/intent through bare text, but the evidence is there.

If you are actually going to DLD I'd welcome the opportunity to share some brews with you. I have a feeling we might get along.

10. raninator84

raninator84 Aficionado (155) Ohio Sep 9, 2008

Refreshed at 12:00 and strolled right through the process, I had all my information for billing written down in large letters on a piece of paper so I could get through the process quicker. This will be my third year in a row and I have not had one hiccup. My tips: Be ready with your info because its timed and do not refresh anywhere in the process of getting tickets. Sorry to all those who are missing out, there were only two of us that got tickets out of my ten friends.

To those using multiple computers: Is it possible that you may have slowed down your own internet connection trying to distribute all that bandwidth?

11. I struck out if any have any available to sell to a fellow BA let me know. Congrats to the lucky one's who scored tickets

12. chronie

chronie Aficionado (180) Illinois Aug 1, 2011

I got my group C tickets at 12:15. I am sorry for those who lost out.

13. Alpar

Alpar Savant (490) Kentucky Apr 13, 2009

Got in at 12:00 left with zero, I was at work and their connection just couldn't push through... Sucks, can't believe I am going to miss the event this year.

14. Alpar

Alpar Savant (490) Kentucky Apr 13, 2009

Crazy. I tried every group at 12:01-12:06 with switching from 2 to 1 and it kept telling me there were none available.

15. laikom

laikom Zealot (90) Illinois Mar 21, 2011

16. Khazadum

Khazadum Savant (395) Illinois Apr 29, 2010

17. laikom

laikom Zealot (90) Illinois Mar 21, 2011

OK, thanks, please disregard the sell part, I'm really looking to trade anyhow. I had posted earlier about a trade but realized that finding one's gots list is no longer simple to do.

18. raymo55

raymo55 Savant (475) Michigan Oct 3, 2011

I don't want the ticket....I just want the beer! Just sayin

19. Gritch

Gritch Aficionado (165) Indiana Dec 26, 2010

20. MNPikey

MNPikey Advocate (500) Minnesota Feb 27, 2011

For the price these tickets are being listed for I might as well just skip the whole thing and buy the bottles on ebay for $60 a piece and come out ahead.

Ticket: $450.
    4 Bottles: $60

Thats $510 right there. Not to mention gas and lodging.

I can go on ebay and buy bottles for around $70 or so. $510 will buy me 7 bottles. More if I can get em for less than $70 a piece (which I have several times).

21. marshmeli

marshmeli Savant (425) New York Feb 14, 2012

Got ya its odd but it's how music today has done ticket sales for years. I have been using their site for various concert ticket sales since at least 2000 if I recall so I'm just used to it.

22. antoines15

antoines15 Savant (390) California Dec 14, 2008

23. My boss is looking for at least 1 ticket. he has Goose Island Rare Bourbon County Stout for trade. I think thats a pretty solid trade so I hope I can find him 1 ticket at least!

24. Walden97

Walden97 Aficionado (120) Texas Mar 31, 2011

EricCioe likes this.
  25. If it doesnt work out and you dont go, let me know. Can mos def take care of you.

26. Anyone want to let me know if there is any legal issues to bidding ridicious amounts on some of those ebay listings and then just not paying?

27. jeebus23

jeebus23 Aficionado (155) Illinois Mar 19, 2010

There's none at all. An ebay bid is not a legal, binding contract. I plan on bidding up everyone I see. I'm currently high bidder on 3. Screw the scalpers.

Urbancaver likes this.
  28. stupac2

stupac2 Initiate (0) California Feb 22, 2011

Appoint some community moderators so you don't have to!

EricCioe and Urbancaver like this.
  29. Orchids

Orchids Aficionado (210) Illinois Feb 7, 2010

Wait...no it won't...damn.

30. lurchingbeast

lurchingbeast Initiate (0) Illinois Feb 19, 2009

Looking for two tickets myself...ahem

31. Urbancaver

Urbancaver Advocate (520) Ohio Nov 13, 2009

I am so glad there is a way to fight back... keep up the good work :)

32. Orchids

Orchids Aficionado (210) Illinois Feb 7, 2010

Hey man so am I. Bitchass online ticket sales.

33. fargoth

fargoth Aficionado (175) Florida Oct 6, 2010

I just checked the bay and there are numerous bids going for tickets for this years DLD. $590. I'm out. I knew that that drinking good beer could and would get expensive but man this is too much.

Hooray beer.

34. dbol

dbol Savant (255) Missouri Aug 19, 2007

That's 2/3 the price of a ticket to Europe. Anyone who pays that much is a damn fool.

fargoth likes this.
  35. crossovert

crossovert Champion (790) Illinois Mar 29, 2009

Who ever is bidding on this either has disposable income or is a flipping moron.

36. Giovacchini

Giovacchini Savant (255) California Dec 16, 2011

A bottle of dark lord goes for about 50-70 buck on eBay...

37. fargoth

fargoth Aficionado (175) Florida Oct 6, 2010

I traded a 2009 Abyss in 2010 for a ticket to that years DLD

38. Pretty sure people blowing up the bidding with no intention of paying for them...

Two of them are going for $801... thats just someone trying to screw over the scalpers

39. EricCioe

EricCioe Savant (460) Montana Aug 7, 2010

A pal got tickets today and traded one for face value plus a bottle. I gave my pair to a college buddy who struck out and said we'd split allotment. Not everyone is a fucking asshole.

fargoth likes this.
  40. mudbug

mudbug Savant (490) Oregon Mar 27, 2009

Good, I hope the scalpers loose their butts.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.