1. The wait is over! Download the BeerAdvocate app on iTunes or Google Play now.
  2. Get 12 issues / year of BeerAdvocate magazine for only $9.99!

OHB - A Tale of Two Barrels

Discussion in 'US - South-Atlantic' started by zencigar, Nov 29, 2012.

1. Bluecane

Bluecane Initiate (0) New York Dec 30, 2011

The saison sounds fantastically interesting.
    ewright likes this.
  2. Whoa, the second one sounds awesome!! The first sounds like a bad batch of lindley park, if that was the only release I'd be a bit suspicious..They both really do sound great though. Any details on a release date?
  3. Rymar9

Rymar9 Savant (260) South Carolina Jan 24, 2011

Awesome. Any ideas when these will be released?
  4. Sent an e-mail requesting more info. Maybe Win knows. He always knows. :)
    winbassett likes this.
  5. That sounds awesome. There is a lot great new NC Beer on the horizon.
  6. or a good batch of infected Rabbid Duck;)

but OP - Me and bluecane will probably get both!

please tell me this was an intentional pun.

you just want Apple Brandy anything:)
    marine1975, ASUBeer and Bluecane like this.
  7. They both sound awesome. At the very least the names and labels are really cool. The other OHB labels look generic. Maybe that is part of the thing though. Just an observation.
  8. It says local apple brandy...Carolina Distillery (Carriage House)?

Edit: A google search turned up details on a "collaboration" between Carolina Distillery and Mother Earth brewery. Details of the beer to go in the barrels wasn't on the site. Didn't see anything about the OH brew, though.
  9. Windowpane #3 is aged in Apple Brandy Barrels with figs and raisins.
    beerFool28607 likes this.
  10. yea me and bluecane are all over it....
    benjaminahudson likes this.
  11. Okay that makes sense :)
  12. It's a Busy Bee collab with OHB. We (Busy Bee) secured the barrels (Carriage House and Wild Turkey) and the cherries and Steven and crew are working their magic! Most of it will be bottled, but there should be some draft for the release as well. We are getting excited to head to the brewery to help wax the bottles! Not exactly sure of the timeline, we were hoping before the holidays but it may be more like January. Fun fact: Sean (SeanMarlin here on BA) did the label artwork, he's a bartender here at the Bee and currently studying to become a cicerone.
  13. Woodrow--had no clue SeanMarlin did the labels. Awesome!
  14. Willl the bottles be distributed? Released at the brewery? Or released at the bee?
  15. Nice job, Woody...and Olde Hickory. Bourbon, cherry, stout....love.....Apply Brandy, Cherry, Saison....curious.

Either way...very excited to see OHB continuing to be creative and active in coming up with new beers.
    (I prefer this stance, as opposed to...."eh, probably an infected accident"....gotta love Beer Advocate)
    tlh1005 likes this.
  16. I don't know a whole lot about the details, however this is going to be extremely limited.
    benjaminahudson and winbassett like this.
  17. ewright

ewright Savant (440) North Carolina Oct 25, 2007

This. Post. Is. Worthless. WITHOUT. DETAILS! Don't leave us hangin', man!
  18. So what you're saying is I wont be able to grab a case of each? ;)
    LarsonLE likes this.
  19. Beer Study is only getting a case of each, at least thats what JD told me. I hope Im in for a bottle each.
  20. SwillBilly

SwillBilly Savant (485) Virginia Feb 4, 2004

My buddy just got back from Hickory. He heard from the owners of Gail's that this was a guy who had 2 of his own barrels and OHB filled them for him. Not going to be released by the brewery. Not sure of the validity of this but the guy who runs Gail's seems to be in the know about all things Hickory beer related.
  21. Somewhat accurate. See Woodrow's response above:
    LarsonLE likes this.
  22. From what I've been told - you won't be able to get any of it in the Hickory area.
    JdoubleA likes this.
  23. Did that info include where it will be available?
  24. SwillBilly

SwillBilly Savant (485) Virginia Feb 4, 2004

Thanks for pointing that out.. guess i should read the whole thread before replying ! From what I was told, Stephen was kind of surprised that this got out.. Then again, all hearsay.
  25. Any additional word on this?
  26. Spoke with Chris from Busy Bee last night. Soon. They are staying busy while trying to open Trophy Brewing Co. down the street!
  27. Sounds good. Win, bringing the info as always!
    winbassett likes this.
  28. Any recent developments on release info? Hoping to pick up bottles at Busy Bee this week while in Raleigh for Ral Rare Beer
  29. Looks like it will be early Feb. we are heading to the brewery next week to help wax the bottles so it won't be long after that!
    zencigar and winbassett like this.
  30. Are bottles going to be for sale to go?
  31. nice! Will you update this thread with a date for the release and the price points? Thanks in advance!
    apaisncsu likes this.
  32. Absolutely.
    benjaminahudson and apaisncsu like this.
  33. Bottles are waxed and ready! We are going to release them Sunday the 10th at noon at Busy Bee along with Redeemer, Lindley Park, 7 Devils, & Orion on draft. A limited amount of bottles will be available to drink on site or take to go. Not sure on price yet as we don't know what our cost is, but will update on that next week.
  34. Thanks for the update!
  35. I have to find a way to get my hands on both of these
  36. Thanks for the update and for holding off until I am back in town :)
    Woodrow likes this.
  37. Do you know price and bottle limit yet?