1. The wait is over! Download the BeerAdvocate app on iTunes or Google Play now.
  2. Get 12 issues / year of BeerAdvocate magazine for only $9.99!

Ohio - House Bill 356

Discussion in 'US - Great Lakes' started by Hindsight, Oct 28, 2012.

1. Eastside151

Eastside151 Savant (450) Ohio Jun 29, 2012

I just received this email today concerning the proposed changes to Ohio's ABV cap.

[​IMG]

I just received word that State Rep. Dan Ramos, D-Lorain is about to reintroduce a bill to increase the 12% ABV cap on beer to 21% ABV. This is good news for the State of Ohio. This will open up a new market to breweries that would like to sell their higher gravity beers in our state. It will help small businesses grow and keep tax dollars in our own state rather than in neighboring states.
    For information on this bill its status head over to Jeremy Rupp's blog at:http://ohiobeerlaw.wordpress.com/

Even though what we really want is to remove a silly cap altogether this is definitely a step in the right direction.
    Let's get this thing done!
    -- Chris

This message is from Christopher Michael Bartos who started the petition "The State of Ohio: Redefine the definition of beer. No longer put a cap on ABV.," which you signed on Change.org.
    View the petition
    View and reply to this message online

2. DStoked

DStoked Savant (320) Ohio Sep 28, 2011

Thanks for keeping this updated. Gotta get this done!
  3. JohnnyMc

JohnnyMc Savant (425) Ohio Feb 14, 2012

I signed and got a bunch of friends to do so as well! If anyone needs help with anything please let me know! This silly ABV cap has got to change!
    Eastside151 likes this.
  4. Eastside151

Eastside151 Savant (450) Ohio Jun 29, 2012

Like the Avatar!
  5. DavoleBomb

DavoleBomb Advocate (600) Ohio Mar 29, 2008

You may want to think this through a bit more.
  6. JohnnyMc

JohnnyMc Savant (425) Ohio Feb 14, 2012

Why thank you. I found it a year ago and thought it was so badass haha.
  7. fiver29

fiver29 Savant (405) Ohio Sep 18, 2007

8. deuce9259

deuce9259 Savant (310) Ohio Dec 28, 2011

Pretty please with Cherry Rye on top.