1. The wait is over! Download the BeerAdvocate app on iTunes or Google Play now.
  2. Get 12 issues / year of BeerAdvocate magazine for only $9.99!

OK Beer News #345

Discussion in 'US - Southwest' started by JPatrick, Nov 4, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jarboe usually only delivers to Lawton on Wednesdays so it would probably be next week. Cache Road Liquor would be your best bet to find it in Lawton! Cheers!
  2. chocosushi

chocosushi Savant (450) Oklahoma May 1, 2011

Okay now I know I'm crazy...
    I just saw 405 Lager at Byroni's
    w/ a new label...Is this a new release
    or am I just now seeing it??
  3. chocosushi

heard rumors of march, is this true?
  4. bump8628

bump8628 Savant (485) Oklahoma Feb 21, 2008

Per a recent FB post it looks like possibly April.
  5. chaseabeer

chaseabeer Savant (370) Oklahoma Feb 4, 2009

Excited to get this out. I'd guess April.
    BierGartenok likes this.
  6. StaveHooks

StaveHooks Savant (460) Oklahoma Nov 18, 2008

Was watching the super bowl and decided to pop a cold Battered Boar "Chucks Pumpkin Ale". This was a cold settled bottle that had been in my fridge. I opened it in my living room and that thing spewed 100mph out of the bottle. I quickly tried to put my mouth over the bottle but there was no holding this pressure back. It covered my entire living room. Drapes, curtains, couch, lamp shade, all of my 7month baby's toys, his highchair, all of his toys, my tv, entertainment center, mirror, etc, etc..This is the last straw from Battered Boar. I will never purchase nor will I recommend anyone purchase their inferior product. I'm not sure how someone could repurchase any beer from this company. Sorry for the rant but you have no idea how far 1 bottle of beer can go all over everything.
    BierGartenok, tronester, Brvn and 5 others like this.
  7. chocosushi

So that means we'll see Gold in March right? ;)
  8. chaseabeer

It and 3 other saisons. Could limit in-state sales to 60 cases. All were 30bbl batches. Needing to do 60bbl from now on.
  9. russpowell

russpowell Poobah (1,040) Oklahoma May 24, 2005

That had happened to me as well in the past. Sounds like I was luckier than you, I did have a hell of a mess just the same.
    Benimaru and StaveHooks like this.
  10. DAMN!! Sorry brotha! Ya man, not sure what's up with those guys. It's silent on the homefront.
  11. chocosushi

Green Flash in OK?? Is this forreal????
  12. jnoble

jnoble Aficionado (160) Oklahoma Feb 23, 2012

http://www.greenflashbrew.com/where-to-buy-distributor.php

Oklahoma
    Quality Beverage Company
    7029 E. Reading Place
    Tulsa, OK 74115

I'd say so! I'm moving down to Oklahoma City from Seattle on Thursday and after reading through this thread...I'm even more pumped! When I was down there looking for a place to live I got to try Coop's F-5 IPA and I gotta say you guys are holding out on the rest of us ;) Hopefully I'll be able to meet up with some of you Oklahoma BA's at some point but for now I figured I would drop by and say hey!

Cheers!

Edit: Just saw 4balance's post in the "What Beer Are You Drinking?" thread...guess you don't need my link ha ha! My bad!
    Benimaru likes this.
  13. chocosushi

BOOYAKASHA!

Welcome to the OK my friend.

Cheers.
    jnoble likes this.
  14. Once you move down to Tulsa, hit up the biergarten in Jenks(a close suburb). Meet up with freddy, he'll get you connected with some local BAs. Plus hes a badass.
    And again, Welcome to Oklahoma
    jnoble and BierGartenok like this.
  15. chaseabeer

He moving to OKC...
    jnoble and mattisloco like this.

16. Yep. Just had the West Coast IPA and Hop Head Red at McNellies in Tulsa last night. Good stuff. They also have the Double Stout, Imperial IPA and Trippel in bottles.

I also know that the Biergarten in Jenks is getting a pretty good selection from them as well.
    BierGartenok likes this.
  17. russpowell

Hopefully the Green Flash will be fairly well stocked. I know its hit or miss in SW Mizzou as far availability.
  18. I have the entire line and all formats. I saw one retailer say that there was plenty at the wholesalers, that may be true for the Hop Head Red and West Coast IPA, but I do not see any of it lasting 2 more weeks unless a new shipment comes in. BrewDog is going FAST. We sold out of Tokyo yesterday..it was insanity
    brewfeller likes this.
  19. chocosushi

Just picked up everything available in four packs.
    Where's the Rayon Vert??
    willandperry likes this.
  20. Should be later in the year or next.

21. What day are you expecting the BA Old Rasputin? I want to try and pick at least one up, but I probably won't be able to get by until next Monday or Tuesday.
  22. Tomorrow, but I am probably already sold out. It is crazy limited and I was only able to get a few cases. As soon as I posted about it, it went like wild fire. Stay in touch though, these pre-sale lists are never 100%

23. No worries. I'll try and swing in on Monday either way. If you have some extras great, if not I'll wait until next year.
    BierGartenok likes this.
  24. chocosushi

Gosh.. Drinking a West Coast IPA w/ a bottle date of 1/21/13.
    Never thought I'd see the day!

Cheers to the OK.
  25. The bombers and kegs are even fresher!
    russpowell and bump8628 like this.
  26. chocosushi

How do you get fresher than 1/21/13??? That's amazing regardless. Is Palette Wrecker headed our way?
    That's the beer that started my love affair w/ Green Flash. Cheers to not having to trade for it anymore.
  27. russpowell

Goose Island in March, so read in the Tulsa World...
    BierGartenok and jnoble like this.
  28. Sho Nuff
  29. chocosushi

Heard that!

Chuuuuuuuuuch
    jnoble likes this.
  30. I could not finish the Tokyo. I enjoy big beers, be they Imperial Stouts, Imperial IPA's, Trippels or Quads, but Tokyo was way too sweet.
    However, the Mustang Imperial Stout was excellent! I was worried about the raspberries but they were very subtle and added to the flavor rather than distracting from it.
  31. bump8628

Ouch, it always sucks to spend that kind of money on a beer and not enjoy it. Speaking of the Mustang IS, anybody know if it was brewed with real raspberries or extract? I know it says "infused with a heavy dose of luscious raspberries" but I guess I don't fully trust the brewing or marketing practices of Mustang.
  32. chaseabeer

Real raspberries.
    bump8628 likes this.
  33. bump8628

Thanks, good to know. I might pick one up then.
  34. Thanks for the info. Have one sitting in the fridge and think I'm gonna split this one with a buddy or two just to say I tried it and to see what goes on.
    chaseabeer likes this.
  35. Benimaru

Benimaru Aficionado (115) Oklahoma Jan 15, 2010

Welcome and I am sure that a few of us in OKC wouldn't mind meeting up for beers at Tapwerks once you are in town.
    jnoble likes this.
  36. chocosushi

What do you mean by this?
  37. russpowell

Not sure what Bump's issue is with them. I know they used to contract brew up in Wisconsin, so to me I didn't really consider it an Oklahoma beer for that reason...
  38. BierGartenok likes this.
  39. It's going to be AWESOME! Still locking down the specifics. You too brotha! Glad you came by!
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.