1. The wait is over! Download the BeerAdvocate app on iTunes or Google Play now.
  2. Get 12 issues / year of BeerAdvocate magazine for only $9.99!

OK News #1 (new forums)

Discussion in 'US - Southwest' started by ThirstyHerf, Feb 23, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ThirstyHerf

ThirstyHerf Savant (315) Oklahoma Jun 17, 2010

Well gents, I thought I might beat Freddy to the punch. We have suffered some staggering defeats this week. OK house bills 2953 & 2954 were both voted out of committed as well as OK Senate Bill 2477. This is a major defeat to brewery growth and rights in Oklahoma. We are in discussions to begin formation of a petition that would be filed in enough time to be on the ballot at the same time as the general/presidential election. Enough is enough and support is massive. If our dear leaders will not update antiquated laws, than it is time to take matters into our own hands. Make beer not war.
  2. Hahaha...I love ya anyway HERF!! Ya I am not happy ONE BIT about that...Grrrrrrr.
    ThirstyHerf likes this.
  3. wolffman17

wolffman17 Savant (395) Texas Jul 14, 2005

With the new forum setup, you'll only need one thread.
    coldmeat23 likes this.
  4. Hopefully! haha..we shall see!
  5. Nice to see this Oklahoma group back up and running finally! Will any of our info from the old site (wants/gots, trades, etc) carry over to the new site by chance?
  6. 4balance

4balance Initiate (0) Dec 11, 2011

7. tronester

tronester Advocate (635) Oklahoma Nov 25, 2006

Does anyone know when SN Bigfoot will be hitting the shelves in OK?
  8. It's already on shelves in Lawton
  9. timbro81

timbro81 Savant (305) Oklahoma Jun 26, 2006

HB2477 still has some legs.
    Revival Red release party next Thursday at Soundpony.
    ThirstyHerf and Beertracker like this.
  10. jtmiller03 and Beertracker like this.
  11. I'm back in the saddle again! This new format will take some getting used to though. Cheers! :confused:
  12. Madmasher

Madmasher Aficionado (100) Oklahoma Mar 23, 2008

Back in the saddle indeed. Now we just need to get over these minor saddle sores. Glad things are up and running again.
    Beertracker likes this.
  13. Bierlerner

Bierlerner Savant (325) Oklahoma Aug 17, 2010

14. Any ideas on some good extras to throw in with a trade? The original trade is for Cuvée 3 and 4 and DNR. I thought I would throw in a Big Jamoke, some Native Amber, and an El Cucuy. Any other ideas?
    ThirstyHerf likes this.
  15. mattisloco

mattisloco Savant (455) Texas Feb 13, 2007

I hate/love... love/hate that you and Herf got me hooked on Native Amber, that is an excellent extra.
    ThirstyHerf likes this.
  16. russpowell

russpowell Poobah (1,040) Oklahoma May 24, 2005

I would thinks some of the Choc Gratzer or Gose would make a unique extra in a trade...
  17. chocosushi

chocosushi Savant (450) Oklahoma May 1, 2011

Coop cans are fantastic extras.
    I would also add that the Choc Winter Stout
    or Choc Spring IPA (so good fresh) are great extras.
    A Cucuy would be a great extra. Supplies of such are running
    low, I may need to pickup another 3 bottles!
    ThirstyHerf likes this.
  18. Any word when the other COOP's will appear in cans?
  19. I hear just as soon as they get into their new place they are going to can F5...that's the rumor!
    jtmiller03 likes this.
  20. IpeeA

IpeeA Savant (355) Missouri Jan 22, 2010

I sure hope there's doing to be dates on those F5 cans!!!
  21. Bierlerner

Mmmm....f5 in cans. Hell yeah!
  22. bump8628

bump8628 Savant (485) Oklahoma Feb 21, 2008

I do too, but Native Amber and Horny Toad aren't dated so I'm not getting my hopes up.
  23. Just spoke with COOP today. The next big bottle release will be an 11% ABV Brett style Wheat Wine (50% malted and un-malted wheat) They have also added 180 lbs of Alfalfa Honey! I was told that it isn't terribly sweet, but is balanced good! Also, rumor is that DNR will be in 4 pack cans soon as well as F5! We will have another "Meet the Brewer" with Blake, Jd and the COOP crew sometime in April. I love doing these events! It really puts the brewer in the face of the public! Cheers!
    Beertracker likes this.
  24. Definentely looking forward to trying the wheat wine when it is released! May have to make it to Jenks one day to attend one of these meet the brewer days! Cool idea Freddy! Keep up the good work!
    BierGartenok likes this.
  25. Bierlerner

Awesome news
    BierGartenok likes this.
  26. ThirstyHerf

13-1 pass in committee!
    4balance, ILikeBrew and Bierlerner like this.
  27. ThirstyHerf

Native Amber is a fantastic beer! Let me know if you need anymore.
    mattisloco likes this.
  28. Bierlerner

I'm really liking the new forum:cool:
  29. First step towards one day possibly having brewpubs in OK. This is exciting news!
  30. IpeeA

IpeeA Savant (355) Missouri Jan 22, 2010

Exactly, which means I'll buy an F5 can exactly once: right after the first release. :(
  31. chaseabeer

chaseabeer Savant (370) Oklahoma Feb 4, 2009

I would guess they at least stamp the case boxes, so it won't be impossible to know how old it is.
    ThirstyHerf likes this.
  32. gilberg

gilberg Initiate (0) Oklahoma Jul 31, 2006

Or grab it from a known high-traffic retailer.

Do you really think F5 will stick on shelves for long? I'm suspecting it to be something like Alpha King--tough to keep in stock.
  33. ThirstyHerf

I believe it will be as regular as Native Amber and Horny Toad once they are in their new facility. The new canning line will allow them to can at a much faster capacity.
  34. chaseabeer

I would guess that it will depend on their hop contract and how much Hop Union will let them expand on it to cover the extra batches. I know many brewers were capped on some hops for the year, looks like the 2012 crop will be much better.
    ThirstyHerf likes this.
  35. chaseabeer

If I had to guess, it could take up to a year to be up and running in a new location once they land on one and get the keys. I have no inside info on this. I just know how long it can take. Most of the time is waiting on other people.
  36. How's things over at the RB headquarters looking?! We need more Rudbud on the SHELF!
  37. russpowell

russpowell Poobah (1,040) Oklahoma May 24, 2005

Amen to that. Good times ahead for the OK beerscene despite our backward-ass legislators...
    ThirstyHerf and BierGartenok like this.
  38. Bierlerner

When will we see more Redbud on the shelves? The people demand these things.
  39. chaseabeer

I might be ABLE to say more in a couple of days.
    Bierlerner and BierGartenok like this.
  40. timbro81

timbro81 Savant (305) Oklahoma Jun 26, 2006

Blanche will be available at McNellies Tulsa on Thursday. Blanche rounds out the Golden Girls series and is an "India Brett Ale". 100% brett fermented IPA (not made from an Atlas base either). Hope to see some of you out there. Not sure on an actual time yet, probably the usual 5 o'clock. Sorry Aaron.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.