1. American Craft Beer Fest returns to Boston on May 29 & 30, featuring 640+ beers from 140+ brewers. Tickets are on sale now.

OKC BA's, What's the Inside Scoop

Discussion in 'US - Southwest' started by harrymattcody, Apr 2, 2012.

1. Hoping some of the OKC BA's can point me in the right direction. I'm hanging out in Altus for the next three months, so I can see myself making a few trips to OKC, and was wondering where the locals watered, ate and found the goods. I've already checked BeerFly and have a few places in mind, but wanted to get some local opinions on where to go for beer and food. Thanks for your help.

Cody

2. chaseabeer

chaseabeer Savant (370) Oklahoma Feb 4, 2009

2012 OKC Sausage Fest is 5/19/12. Worth checking out for sure.

ThirstyHerf and ILikeBrew like this.
  3. Tapwerks, Republic and McNellie's are probably the best three places in OKC to have a brew.

ThirstyHerf likes this.
  4. Bierlerner

Bierlerner Savant (335) Oklahoma Aug 17, 2010

ThirstyHerf likes this.
  5. beerboy9960

beerboy9960 Savant (260) Oklahoma Jan 28, 2011

Hey man I happen to live in Lawton, OK which is about 45 minutes from Altus. We might be able to set up a tasting or something sometime if your interested! We also have a really good store in Lawton called Cache Road Liquor. Not as good as some in OKC, but a heck of a lot closer to Altus

ThirstyHerf likes this.
  6. Not sure if I would be able to make any tastings as my schedule is kind of up in the air, but thanks for the offer and the tip on the store in Lawton.

7. beerboy9960

beerboy9960 Savant (260) Oklahoma Jan 28, 2011

No problem man. Hey just a heads up from Altus to OKC is going to be at least a 3 hour drive and occasionally I come through Altus so if you ever need anything just let me know. Cheers man!

8. 4balance

4balance Initiate (0) Dec 11, 2011