1. The wait is over! Download the BeerAdvocate app on iTunes or Google Play now.
  2. Get 12 issues / year of BeerAdvocate magazine for only $9.99!

Old Rasputin vs. New Rasputin

Discussion in 'Cellaring / Aging Beer' started by PatrickBeebe, Dec 27, 2012.

1. So I drank a fresh North Coast Old Rasputin back to back with one Ive been cellaring for 6 months...didnt taste much different. SHould I let my other ones sit longer? Do they get any better past 6 months?
    Zach136 likes this.
  2. This belongs in the cellaring forum.

6 months on a beer like raspy wont change much in my opinion.

But also remember that aging it won't make it "better", just different. Whether it's better or worse after aging is up to your taste buds only.
  3. I'd have to say forget you even own them. Put them in a box you won't open for years, and do your best to forget you did so. 5 years from now when you are moving, or spring cleaning, or have an urge to look at those old highschool yearbooks you will be in possession of some pretty great tasting brews to help celebrate the occasion.
  4. This beer ages well. It all depends on you tastebuds in regards to cellared versus fresh.
  5. Moc513

Moc513 Savant (255) New York May 24, 2012

One year old Rasputin tasted pretty good...we are going to start cellaring a vertical of them to taste the difference fresh-5 years old