1. The wait is over! Download the BeerAdvocate app on iTunes or Google Play now.
  2. Get 12 issues / year of BeerAdvocate magazine for only $9.99!

Older Viscosity

Discussion in 'Beer Talk' started by FriarTuckInLuck, Jan 25, 2013.

1. Larrygto

Larrygto Aficionado (230) Arizona May 28, 2012

I'm looking for a house in AZ now, I'll have to look you up when I get there so you can show me where those bars are!
  2. It would be a pleasure sir. But first a 2010 Parabola. Then we hit the bar.
  3. I got lucky and paid $15/bottle here in SE PA, but they're normally around $18.
    I can get a case, shelf aged already, for about $165-ish+tax.
    Have been trying to find someone(s) to split to no avail :(
    FriarTuckInLuck likes this.
  4. where in the hell can you get a growler of older vis? I do enjoy that one
  5. I'm really looking forward to this new Port beer coming out in a couple weeks.
    Added to the year round lineup, a Coffee, Cocoa, Brown Ale

[​IMG]
  6. We might have to make it happen captain.
    fujindemon74 likes this.
  7. Larrygto

Larrygto Aficionado (230) Arizona May 28, 2012

Sounds good! I'll have to find a way to get in touch with you when I get there.
    FriarTuckInLuck likes this.
  8. It's a good beer for sure, but at the $16 price for a 375 ml bottle I don't see myself buying any more in the future.
  9. brewbetter

brewbetter Savant (400) Nauru Jun 2, 2012

$36? Worth every penny? I think I paid $17.

I haven't popped mine yet since I don't have access to it, but this thread makes me wish I did.
  10. The same must go for Angels Share and Deliverance then ;)
  11. 36$ - 64oz
  12. brewbetter

brewbetter Savant (400) Nauru Jun 2, 2012

Oh, you got a growler. I thought you were talking about a bottle.
  13. All of them.
  14. luwak

luwak Savant (305) Arizona Mar 2, 2010

Who had Older on draft?

Tops? 1702?
  15. So close, think smaller and in Mesa.
  16. mmikey8

mmikey8 Savant (270) California Aug 2, 2012

$13.99 near me. Tasted best at Pizza Port. Damn good pizza too. As a matter of fact, brb!
  17. Been to the Mesa place, but being only 5 minutes away from LA, I don't have to drive too far now.
  18. luwak

luwak Savant (305) Arizona Mar 2, 2010

and they let you do a growler there?...i didn't even know they did growlers there...
    i wish it were closer to my house
  19. I was so looking forward to this brew, and cracked a bottle for Darkness Days. Only bottle I have had more disappointing was Dark Lord...maybe it's better in a growler.
  20. I found it tasted very similar to BB4D. Been meaning to taste them side by side since the night I had them both ...purely for science of course.
  21. I'm iffy on the bottles as well just because of the Lost Abby/Port quality control parallels(beating a dead horse I know), which is why I wish me and SaigonDaze hung out at Lost Abby more, lol.
  22. You should definitely pick up Old. Its got a real nice oak flavor
  23. When I did my first trade I got one as an extra (thanks bobby, you damn bastard!) I don't know why I haven't traded for more and more and more and more...